XPO | New team service.

And benefits from day 1 including PTO. 13 days I believe. We were with our old company for 3 years and we were only getting 8 days of PTO a year.
8 day after 3 yrs, man that sucks...XPO used to give 3 weeks a year then they changed it in 2017 down to 13 days. These trucking companies don't get it. They want 60+hrs a week out of drivers and in your case gone for 4+day, them give them minimum time off a year. 13 day is all you get for vacation and sick time. I left XPO in May of this year and got more PTO time then XPO gives to someone thats been there 1 years. That doesn't include the 6 sick day I got. Yet my job just want 40hrs a week OT is on a volunteer basis and I go home every day. Yes I'm not making 2100+ a week or even the 1800 or 1900 I did when I left, and I knew that leaving. If I work the hours at my current job to the hour I worked at XPO I would be damm close.
I'm not trying to bash you for wanting to work at XPO from what you posted it sounds alot better then R&L. This is just a general post on how these companies can't keep driver. They want more and more from the employee and then take away benefits. Good luck to you and you wife at XPO..

are you saying XPO did not put any pintle hook on the back of the sleepers? What happens when the state shuts down a section of interstate and is backing trucks up to get them off the road. I never had to do it but I've known guys that have. Did XPO also cheap out like Con-way and get only one drive axle on the tandem axle sleeper
Highway units. No pintles. You drag the dolly with the lead, bobtail back to get your second pup.

Highway units. No pintles. You drag the dolly with the lead, bobtail back to get your second pup.
The whole point of team operation is keeping the unit moving, not wasting time time stringing their own sets. Coming in to terminal, drop their strung set and hook to pre-strung out bound set and be on their way with a quick turnaround.

The whole point of team operation is keeping the unit moving, not wasting time time stringing their own sets. Coming in to terminal, drop their strung set and hook to pre-strung out bound set and be on their way with a quick turnaround.
We were talking what happens if you have to break a set due to a closure.

If a team doesn't want to team anymore , are they allowed to dovetail in with daily drivers come bid time?

Do these positions show up on a bid sheet to daily drivers when they bid?

If you are based out of a terminal that's trimming back , can a few drivers say " not so fast , we'll take one of those team deals..." ?

* XPO has made it clear they want experienced teams , but sometimes you take what you can get *

If a team doesn't want to team anymore , are they allowed to dovetail in with daily drivers come bid time?

Do these positions show up on a bid sheet to daily drivers when they bid?

If you are based out of a terminal that's trimming back , can a few drivers say " not so fast , we'll take one of those team deals..." ?

* XPO has made it clear they want experienced teams , but sometimes you take what you can get *
No, they’re explicitly not DSRs and don’t bid. This is intentionally different than ESL was, so that people who never wanted to don’t end up getting bumped and having to team. I think the equivalent would be like if one wanted to become a dock worker, totally different job. The handbook actually covers that scenario

I sure am.
The state I am in will write the $500 dollar ticket if it's not engaged.
All states. Have to have working lights and emergency brakes.
An unladen converter dolly is not required to have brakes when being towed either by a bob tail or behind a lead trailer. And in fact it would be unsafe if they did in those cases. And there is nothing in DOT regulations requiring a pintle hook snubber on equipment. Please show me a link where those conditions are required if I am wrong.

An unladen converter dolly is not required to have brakes when being towed either by a bob tail or behind a lead trailer. And in fact it would be unsafe if they did in those cases. And there is nothing in DOT regulations requiring a pintle hook snubber on equipment. Please show me a link where those conditions are required if I am wrong.
Don’t need brakes, you need breakaway protection. So red line attached, dummy on the coiled red.

Don’t need brakes, you need breakaway protection. So red line attached, dummy on the coiled red.
Safety chains required, nothing about breakaway protection for an unladen converter dolly. Brake reservoir bled off and no air lines attached. All this if weight of unladen dolly is less that 40% of weight of towing vehicle.

Safety chains required, nothing about breakaway protection for an unladen converter dolly. Brake reservoir bled off and no air lines attached. All this if weight of unladen dolly is less that 40% of weight of towing vehicle.
I stand corrected. In the Midwest and Canada, breakaway protection is law.