FedEx Freight | New tractors

I've been talking about trucks of one age or another the entire time. You're the one who got so hung up on the fact that I mentioned I know some Teamsters.

All I was doing was using an analog for 15 year old junk tractors to contrast against the massive influx of new tractors at FedEx. I used "Teamsters" in place of YRCW and everyone knew it. Because YRCW does not drive the tractors, Teamsters do. And out of respect, I do not call Teamsters employees of the company they work for because that term is usually reserved for non-union employees in a comparative discussion.

If I wanted to say :censored: you, I would have. But apparently it was legitimately lost on you that I was trying to be respectful of the people who drive for YRC Freight, New Penn, Holland and Reddaway (the latter of which, I am well aware, hasn't fully unionized yet) while using the majority of the YRCW fleet as a contrasting example of old trucks versus new.
Way to much thought over a truck!! Big time over kill, I rest my case..... And how could you have been talking about trucks the WHOLE time when it was your first post On the topic! I believe it says new trucks, so staying on topic seems to evade you....

Last edited:
Way to much thought over a truck!! Big time over kill, I rest my case..... And how could you have been talking about trucks the WHOLE time when it was your first post On the topic! I believe it says new trucks, so staying on topic seems to evade you....
And now you're using the exact words of the topic title to claim that I was still being off topic, even though the majority of my first post was almost entirely about exactly that? If you reread the post, I quoted someone who was complaining about FedEx spending money on these new trucks. My reference to YRCW was a veiled suggestion that he should be happy to not be in that situation, because a new truck that breaks down is still better than an old one that's falling apart.

I've had to watch $20,000 evaporate to repair a year old truck before, have you? When searching for the right tool for the job, you have to account for the costs to maintain that tool for the duration of its lifespan.

You don't think so hard about what truck is under your ass because it doesn't cost you anything to fix or replace. You don't lose a day's pay if the truck won't run. You don't have to pay for the temporary replacement while it's in the shop being fixed. These are all realities that I've lived, so thinking about this sort of thing is a part of the job for me.

And now you're using the exact words of the topic title to claim that I was still being off topic, even though the majority of my first post was almost entirely about exactly that? If you reread the post, I quoted someone who was complaining about FedEx spending money on these new trucks. My reference to YRCW was a veiled suggestion that he should be happy to not be in that situation, because a new truck that breaks down is still better than an old one that's falling apart.

I've had to watch $20,000 evaporate to repair a year old truck before, have you? When searching for the right tool for the job, you have to account for the costs to maintain that tool for the duration of its lifespan.

You don't think so hard about what truck is under your ass because it doesn't cost you anything to fix or replace. You don't lose a day's pay if the truck won't run. You don't have to pay for the temporary replacement while it's in the shop being fixed. These are all realities that I've lived, so thinking about this sort of thing is a part of the job for me.
If you only knew, consider yourself lucky it's only one! It could be several and the family's of the ones who depend on the fact that they have safe and dependable equipment under them to do the job! What you think Train? Doesn't have a clue! Mr Flyer you and your two little minions have a good day sir! Senseless argument at best!

If you only knew, consider yourself lucky it's only one! It could be several and the family's of the ones who depend on the fact that they have safe and dependable equipment under them to do the job! What you think Train? Doesn't have a clue! Mr Flyer you and your two little minions have a good day sir! Senseless argument at best!
Coming from the guy who hasn't made sense yet, that's pretty funny. You don't know me. Don't assume that you do, because it inevitably makes you look stupid. I've carried a business on my back, you clearly have not. I've rendered every point you've made void, and the best you have is that it was a senseless argument. Yes, yes it was. One you chose to start for no apparent reason.

Oh yeah, I don't have "minions". They agree with me, and I might even call some people here friends whether we agree frequently or not. Have you been to the YRC forum? I post there, too, and some of your brothers and sisters seem agree with me frequently enough that I haven't been asked to stop posting there. Are they my minions too? Last time I checked, I have an opinion. You don't have to agree with it. But you can't paint everyone who agrees with my opinion as your enemy, otherwise you'd have a lot of enemies.

Long story short? Quit talking out your ass. You sound like an idiot by talking about things you later admit require more thought than you're willing to give. You go ahead and be ignorant while the adults talk.

My part in this conversation is over.

Y
Coming from the guy who hasn't made sense yet, that's pretty funny. You don't know me. Don't assume that you do, because it inevitably makes you look stupid. I've carried a business on my back, you clearly have not. I've rendered every point you've made void, and the best you have is that it was a senseless argument. Yes, yes it was. One you chose to start for no apparent reason.

Oh yeah, I don't have "minions". They agree with me, and I might even call some people here friends whether we agree frequently or not. Have you been to the YRC forum? I post there, too, and some of your brothers and sisters seem agree with me frequently enough that I haven't been asked to stop posting there. Are they my minions too? Last time I checked, I have an opinion. You don't have to agree with it. But you can't paint everyone who agrees with my opinion as your enemy, otherwise you'd have a lot of enemies.

Long story short? Quit talking out your ass. You sound like an idiot by talking about things you later admit require more thought than you're willing to give. You go ahead and be ignorant while the adults talk.

My part in this conversation is over.
What the hell are you even talking about, ramblings at best! You make zero sense.... Must be the cold weather on the forehead.... Me give? HA!!!!! Never called anyone my enemy, those are your misconstrued words. Have a good day Dorothy....

Well we got 2 of the new little Kenworths in a few weeks ago. The shop PM'd the first one and it has sat there for 4 weeks waiting for the plate and IFTA stickers. Everything came in so they went out and put it on and placed the tractor in service. Guess what.....the damn thing won't start. Some sort of electrical problem. So now they have to tow a tractor that has never left the yard to the dealer for repairs. Makes you feel confident in our new equipment!
and you act surprised, why?:poke:

00R8XpM.jpg

NKY terminal got 2 of the new city kw trucks, one of them they didn't have a fuel gauge in it. it has 2 of the def gauges in it

Last edited:
The new trucks are still better than that old crap that was here back in the day when I started with AF
R1178 a 1991 real red smurf. The only air ride was the space between my back side and the seat..262 a/c ( both windows down at 62 mph), radio in a homemade box. In winter heat was what your body could generate, scrape the ice off inside while driving.

R868, the real red smurfs....anyone else remember having to wedge a penny into the cruise set button (from what I'm told :grin:) just to get those trucks to run 62mph??
Aw, the good ole days!!!

I saw lots of toothpicks used for that! My first road unit was R2214 long nose International, it never had the cruise turned on when I drove it.

roog

I saw lots of toothpicks used for that! My first road unit was R2214 long nose International, it never had the cruise turned on when I drove it.

roog
We chew on our toothpicks down here in the south, we found pennies worked better and they wouldn't break....from what I hear.
We called those "hoods" back in our day because of their long hoods as opposed to the smurfs...we only had a few of those on our yard though, ended up selling them to Yellow.

Last edited:
You guys all forget something, all this safety, regen, underweight, EPA, environmentally friendly bull crap is being put on the cars we drive also. You know how VORADS screw up once in a while? Activating brake sensors while on cruise, when they shouldn't? Lane assist over reacting to cracks on the road, thinking it is lane stripes? All this supposed "safety" crap being added costs YOU the consumer MORE, and these systems are full of flaws. God help you when you have to go to the dealer to get it fixed!! Sooner or later we will all go back to horse and buggy, or like in the Orient, we'll all be riding bicycles thanks to Chairman OBAMA and the Climate Change environmental terrorists!!! The doomsday morons!!