XPO | New Uniforms, Do you have them? I don't and most others don't either.

ConwayDSR

TB Lurker
Credits
XPO posted yesterday a picture of a LTL driver in Shreveport with the XPO uniform on.

How is it that they have uniforms while others haven't had theirs ordered yet?

7YAXPH3.png

https://www.facebook.com/xpologistics/

Uniforms.

Every time we have a meeting and the SCM says, "Any questions or concerns?" The first question is, "when are we getting uniforms?"

Man, screw uniforms. I'll go back to brown and orange over white shirts. I'll use my own clothes. How about telling me why our business is so down. Or wondering about the future of our benefits. Vacation, health, etc.

Or even how long we will have jobs, especially the guys way under me in seniority.

Compared to pretty much every other worry that I have working for XPO, uniforms don't even make the chart. In fact the only time I think about it is when a manager answers a uniform question instead of being straight with us about our work.

You know what's even worse? When the guys who are crying about not having their pretty new uniforms actually get their uniforms, they'll just cry and tell everyone how we should've just stuck with the old ones.

Really is that all you got to worry about
Uniforms.

Every time we have a meeting and the SCM says, "Any questions or concerns?" The first question is, "when are we getting uniforms?"

Man, screw uniforms. I'll go back to brown and orange over white shirts. I'll use my own clothes. How about telling me why our business is so down. Or wondering about the future of our benefits. Vacation, health, etc.

Or even how long we will have jobs, especially the guys way under me in seniority.

Compared to pretty much every other worry that I have working for XPO, uniforms don't even make the chart. In fact the only time I think about it is when a manager answers a uniform question instead of being straight with us about our work.

You know what's even worse? When the guys who are crying about not having their pretty new uniforms actually get their uniforms, they'll just cry and tell everyone how we should've just stuck with the old ones.

I feel the same way you guys do. Believe me, I do. I want to know what's going on too! I feel like this place is going to shutdown and I need to jump ship before it sinks and other times were loaded with freight and the dock is overflowing.

Where is the freight?

Are they going to update tractors? I see other carriers with brand new trucks, not the whole fleet but I have yet to see a single new Conway or XPO truck or really any XPO branded trailer except the promo one.

On and on... I feel the same way and many others do too!

I feel the same way you guys do. Believe me, I do. I want to know what's going on too! I feel like this place is going to shutdown and I need to jump ship before it sinks and other times were loaded with freight and the dock is overflowing.

Where is the freight?

Are they going to update tractors? I see other carriers with brand new trucks, not the whole fleet but I have yet to see a single new Conway or XPO truck or really any XPO branded trailer except the promo one.

On and on... I feel the same way and many others do too!
Too early for new tractors. Just need to take a breath and evaluate things.

XPO posted yesterday a picture of a LTL driver in Shreveport with the XPO uniform on.

How is it that they have uniforms while others haven't had theirs ordered yet?

I doubt it's the entire service center. James was probably one of the drivers testing the new uniforms. They've done that kind of testing every time we've changed them.

new equipment? LOL were still rolling in near million mile sterlings in my neighborhood. We've had less than 10 freightliners come in and then be reassigned to other SICS. We have 5 freightliners right now and we have over 40 tractors

5 yrs safety excellence, sounds like he's an XPO employee prior to Conway purchase. He might be rolling in a XPO tractor/trailer. 100% branded, drives fulltime and no dock either. You know Conway employees are treated like red headed step children.

Uniforms.

Business is down because its slow everywhere, throw in you were bought by a logistics company it may get a lot slower....

Business is down because its slow everywhere, throw in you were bought by a logistics company it may get a lot slower....
Business is down too because XPO fired to many in sales in the beginning. They fired 40 in sales and are trying to hire 40 sales people back. And on top of that the beloved W&I program, milking every dime it can from customers. Nuff said, customers go to cheaper costs. I personally know of accounts lost because of W&I.

Business is down too because XPO fired to many in sales in the beginning. They fired 40 in sales and are trying to hire 40 sales people back. And on top of that the beloved W&I program, milking every dime it can from customers. Nuff said, customers go to cheaper costs. I personally know of accounts lost because of W&I.
I said that when it first happened about the salespeople, the response I got was they know what their doing nobody really need them anymore & they have corporate people that call on the customer or xpo has their own people....

I said that when it first happened about the salespeople, the response I got was they know what their doing nobody really need them anymore & they have corporate people that call on the customer or xpo has their own people....
It certainly has bitten them (us) in the a$$. We are down 10 line haul runs a night. Is it to late?

Business is down too because XPO fired to many in sales in the beginning. They fired 40 in sales and are trying to hire 40 sales people back.
My question is this.
If XPO cut sales staff, that leaves a person on the other end of a phone call to sell the brand name and the service. In my opinion, the drivers are the best salesmen for a company. Sure, the drivers can't set the rate, but they can surely sell quality by their own behavior and projecting the right image to the customers, because believe it or not, the average driver DOES occasionally come in contact with the decision makers at the customer. So how impressive is it when a XPO driver walks in to a customer with a black XPO jacket on, an old blue Conway uniform on, and pulled in the driveway with an old beat up Sterling, pulling a damn off-colored rental trailer?

Good grief, the XPO operation looks like a rag-tag operation nowadays.......similar to the ragged out junk that Roadway, Yeller, and Holland are all swapping with each other.
And they wonder why others are kicking their asses.
:6817: