ODFL | New Uniforms

kbigdog

TB Lurker
Credits
Got a letter in the mail from OD. They are upgrading the uniforms. Its will be mandatory for P and D to wear and optional for linehaul. I dont mind I always wear something that says OD. It makes it easier when the customer knows who you are. I hope they make make them nice. I like Yellows shirts.

Let me say this.Are the uniforms we have now mandatory and linehaul has the option? And second, did you get a copy of the dress code for daytime managers and sales about shirt and tie?Enforcement seems to be a problem ,like OD follows the US gov't in that department. And my opinion of Yellow's shirts are they look like 70's bowling shirts.Just my opinion and it kinda scares me what our new stuff will look like.

I forgot who told me that I just started a million rumors when I said the guy Anderson told me about new uniforms when I called about some shirt patches. I guess I who was selling the "old" patches on E-Bay might have a good thing...lol

It probably has much to do with the OD brand Yellow is doing it to. Many think that the Old Dominion Freight Line makes us sound like some Co from the south. Personally I like Old Dominion Freight Line but if it helps thats good. Just hope they do not look like a DHL uniform.

I just got the letter and it sounds pretty good. It sounds like we will have options on styles, yearly allowance for replacement and they are offering it to linehaul who chose to participate. I may participate in this free uniforms means fewer trips to Wall Mart. If they have pull over cotton shirts and carpenter type jeans and shorts using rugged material stick with the green and black colors for the most part it may work for me.

Left Coast

I Think Anderson Uniform Is Going To Start On The Left Coast And Work Over To Us.they Back What They Sell.if You Have Any Problems It's Best To Deal With Them Direct.o.d. Is Big On Appearance So Management Will Probably Be Pushing Completion Hard.

With all the new terminals in the West, a lot of drivers are running around in their daily duds. Some look frightening.. so this will be a good way to clean up the West Coast part of the ship.

Just talked with a driver out of MSP and said the pants/shorts are a little different with a pocket big enough to hold the computer the drivers have now. I think all drivers should have a uniform and the company should pay for "'ALL" drivers. I spent a lot of money and time searching the junk stores because of wasting a shirt or 2 everyweek with all the greasy Jifs and truck filth.

The idea behind them visiting every terminal because of too many returns on sizes being different and the gaining weight or shrinkage made them usless after a short period of time.

Retired 6 years now and I got a letter too !

anybody out there have any extra newsletter from the past few years I would pay for mailings to help me keep up with company and terminals. Or did they quit issuing the news rag ?

Let me know

anybody out there have any extra newsletter from the past few years I would pay for mailings to help me keep up with company and terminals. Or did they quit issuing the news rag ?

Let me know
Actually just got the OD newsletter today. I can send them to you if you want

Let me know

I can send them to you, Just got the newsletter yesterday

Just put in my order the other day!
1. Say good-bye to green pants and hello to black :( I actually liked the green!

2. The white button up shirts are pretty much the same except everything is stitched into the uniform rather than patched. Looks really snazzy if you ask me!

3. The jackets are awesome.. They're black with a grey collar and say "The Power of OD" on the back. There's also a black wind-breaker.

4. Those of you who are into the polos should know that the green will be a bit lighter than on the older shirts with black collar and black stripe running along the shoulders.

Overall, we're going to be a professional looking driving fleet!

Sweet, Im linehaul and am thinking about ordering some... Like the idea of looking a bit more professional.. as well as not getting my own clothes greasy.

ok the polo shirts the black stripe,does it run up and down shoulder to waist or from shoulder to shoulder. simple bowling shirt or starfleet uniform LOL

All I can remember.. was the black running on the shoulders. I put it down pretty quick b/c it made me think OD was making bowling shirts so we can have a tournament with Yellow! I stayed old school & just ordered 5 button up short sleeves.

I think the 70s style bowling shirts look just groooooovvvvyyyy man......in the yellow forum they are complaining about them alot. At least we will look professional. We have city guys who come to work with a "Johnnys Bar" T-shirt or something like that. Its not professional at all. Personally I like to wear a uniform. Makes me feel professional and all the customers know that Im OD when I walk in the door.

I hear ya! That and a short trimmed haircut makes for a professional looking driver. Some of these guys driving for other outfits wearing their Ozzy Tour 85' T's along with a big pony tail cannot be good for a company's image. My Guidebook is in the truck, but do we have a hair policy?