ODFL | New Uniforms

jacket was real nice, there were two of them one with removable hood and one without. They werent thick enough for our winters up here in the northeast so i ordered a 2xl so i could bundle up underneath.

BillyLo said:
Just got my box in today! I'll wear the shirts with my old green pants and will perhaps someday put on those ugly black pants.

I may be wrong but the letter we got and the agreement when you got uniforms were you would wear exactly THAT uniform and no variations. The only option was the hat, wear it or not but no other hat may be worn. According to the uniform guy everything else on the rack is being discontinued.

Beeman said:
I may be wrong but the letter we got and the agreement when you got uniforms were you would wear exactly THAT uniform and no variations. The only option was the hat, wear it or not but no other hat may be worn. According to the uniform guy everything else on the rack is being discontinued.

well the guy at our terminal said that we could order the old greens, im not sure if we had to pay or not but he said we could.

DirtyRice said:
well the guy at our terminal said that we could order the old greens, im not sure if we had to pay or not but he said we could.

You can order them but if you are city you can't wear them. If you are linehaul and take the new uniforms you aren't supposed to wear anything but the new uniforms. i know this was in the letter I don't have my copy anymore. You can pay for any of the clothing thru payroll deduction.

The new unforms are required to have your name on them also, so I guess the guys that quit can't sell them like before.

I wish Old Dominion would find an identity and slogan and stick to it instead of trying to reinvent themselves. The color of those new shirts makes you wonder who's daughter graduated from designer school in the main office? The slogan "The power of OD" on the back of the jackets and the Old Dominion on the collar of the shirts is a little over the top.

Dont remember seeing that part in the letter where not even our green pants are allowed. Also, dont lecture me either.

A lot of managers/sup's at different terminals have seem to be more interested in just getting a driver to wear the shirt rather than the whole outfit. But I'm sure some wild linehaul driver with no life will drop on by and make a big deal to corporate about it sooner or later!

Yeah I read the letter seems to me that since us linehaul drivers had to buy our own shirts they should let us wear them with the black pants if we want to. Anyway I am checking into it. probably will not get a answer after all I can read. :tribehasspoken:

Beeman said:
You can order them but if you are city you can't wear them. If you are linehaul and take the new uniforms you aren't supposed to wear anything but the new uniforms. i know this was in the letter I don't have my copy anymore. You can pay for any of the clothing thru payroll deduction.

The new unforms are required to have your name on them also, so I guess the guys that quit can't sell them like before.

I wish Old Dominion would find an identity and slogan and stick to it instead of trying to reinvent themselves. The color of those new shirts makes you wonder who's daughter graduated from designer school in the main office? The slogan "The power of OD" on the back of the jackets and the Old Dominion on the collar of the shirts is a little over the top.

i dont think its over the top, i want people to know what company i work for outside of just our customers i want OD to be a household name just like the people who are behind this. At our last driver meeting they were pushing us city drivers to talk about old dominion and refer to them as OD. I like the direction this company is going, then when i tell people i work for OD they wont be like, WHO?