ODFL | New Uniforms

I havent read anything, but in the letter it says you have to be neat and groomed or something like that. But my opinion and your opininion and a TMs opinion may all differ. I have short hair and I shave and I clean my clothes and I shower everyday so I think Im OK. We make real good money so if they want me to wear a uniform I will.

Anything goes on linehaul! =P Some of these other p/d company drivers for Yellow and such outfits that are less strict on dress wear in this area could quite possibly scare away potential customers with their hair and dress styles. You have your right to be offended if caused you to be and I apologize.

I dont have a problem with long hair or a beard. Actually sometimes I grow a fu man chu. To each his own. I know guys with long hair and tatoos and beards and the customers love them. Its more about having a good atitude.

One of the better points of working for OD is the laid back working environment and less crap to put up with. For that reason we work for less money than most of the other LTL companies. If we must be forced to eat more s**t on our sandwiches we surely must receive more bread.

OD is laid back, but they are trying to make more progress. City drivers see the customers all day long and should look professional. I think the industry in a whole is trying to change the image to be more professional. Fed Ex drivers always look sharp. Some Drivers who come to work looking like they came from a street fight. The $$ we make is no chump change. it lets me live well. I go into factories and warehouses all day and think to myself how lucky I am not having to do that. My brother works for UPS and his hair cant touch his collar, and all tatoos have to be covered(long sleeve shirt or makeup)mustaches cant extend over the lips. OD just want us to look respectable.

If we must be forced to eat more s**t on our sandwiches we surely must receive more bread.

Nobody is forcing anyone to work anywhere. I have quit other jobs I didnt like and I found one I do like. Maybe thats the situation your in. I really dont think thing are going to change that much. This may be getting a little blown out of proportion. Ive been in the military and believe me this isnt the military.

For the most part if you look decent there is no problem. But if you look like you are advertising trash the customer picks that up. Uniforms make it easier for the customer to recognize the stranger in their workplace. I find it much easier. They know who I am before I speak to them. I am linehaul and still do not know if I will get the uniforms but will continue to wear OD shirts when I work the city.

Just seen the new uniforms. You can get slacks or cargo slacks, shorts or cargo shorts, these are heavy polymer and black or black Lee Jeans. I would prefer the cargo slacks, Button up shirts or polo shirts. Button up similar to the old kind polo shirt a light green with black collar. Did not like the light green but I prefer pull over. 2 caps summer and winter and a heavy jacket black.

peanut butter

S**T !!!!! They told me that was peanut butter !!!!! Uniforms will be in the Carolinas this week and next week.

kbigdog said:
I think the 70s style bowling shirts look just groooooovvvvyyyy man......in the yellow forum they are complaining about them alot. At least we will look professional. We have city guys who come to work with a "Johnnys Bar" T-shirt or something like that. Its not professional at all. Personally I like to wear a uniform. Makes me feel professional and all the customers know that Im OD when I walk in the door.
oh wow man!them polo shirts are not my style at ALL.they are just like some bowling shirts i have seen on some ole classic 70s movie.i wouldnt wear one if they gave me one!the black shorts are very nice though.:ShakeHandsNah:

Uniforms Popped Up @ PHL

Here in philly they just came in a took down my order. There was a rack of everything they have to offer, very nice stuff. Everybody just get the cargo paints and cargo shorts there nice. The polo shirts are very nice they even say old dominion on the collar. They said it will take a month for our orders to come back, they even had a bunch of gear that we cant wear to work t shirts and such.

Just got my box in today! I'll wear the shirts with my old green pants and will perhaps someday put on those ugly black pants.

BillyLo said:
Just got my box in today! I'll wear the shirts with my old green pants and will perhaps someday put on those ugly black pants.

whaaaaaaaaaat cmon u dont like the black cargo shorts.

I'm not a fan of black shorts or pants to be honest with ya! I think it stands out too much, so I wear khaki colored cargo shorts instead since our terminal pretty much just mainly cares that we wear our shirts.

How did the 3 season jacket look.. In the pics it looks ok when we ordered them.

I got the polo shirts with 3 shorts and 2 pants (cargo)