ODFL | New wage increases posted here

.85 cent hourly raise,,,LH 2 cent single,,,team 2.5 cent....insurance family increase $2.50 per week..Dental increasing $1 or 2...If spouse is employ'd&they have insurance.You can't keep them on our insurance..Birthday is a holiday now 9 hour's pay.Have to use within 30 day's after your you loose it.I didn't go to meeting this morning.They kick'd me to the street 1st thing.Got info from other driver..401 k stay's the same.They were explaining on the extra profit match that it would be high.That's why..We should be very proud&thankful for what they have given us..Let's keep it up..

.85 cent hourly raise,,,LH 2 cent single,,,team 2.5 cent....insurance family increase $2.50 per week..Dental increasing $1 or 2...If spouse is employ'd&they have insurance.You can't keep them on our insurance..Birthday is a holiday now 9 hour's pay.Have to use within 30 day's after your you loose it.I didn't go to meeting this morning.They kick'd me to the street 1st thing.Got info from other driver..401 k stay's the same.They were explaining on the extra profit match that it would be high.That's why..We should be very proud&thankful for what they have given us..Let's keep it up..

The raise is nice but everything else is a large disappointment, dosent keep up with inflation. Any news on drops and hooks?

Look!!they didn't have to give us nothing.Be happy in what you get..Please remember last year we got a big raise.But,our insurance increase'd.They inform'd us that the raise was to cover insurance.Also OD has invest'd alot more than they have in the past for new equipment&upgrade's to the system,etc..Some people are just never happy for what they have been bless'd with..Just saying&has of linehaul..You all make a hell of alot more money than the city driver's do..just saying....
The raise is nice but everything else is a large disappointment, dosent keep up with inflation. Any news on drops and hooks?

Look!!they didn't have to give us nothing.Be happy in what you get..Please remember last year we got a big raise.But,our insurance increase'd.They inform'd us that the raise was to cover insurance.Also OD has invest'd alot more than they have in the past for new equipment&upgrade's to the system,etc..Some people are just never happy for what they have been bless'd with..Just saying&has of linehaul..You all make a hell of alot more money than the city driver's do..just saying....

Keep drinking the kool-aid. I am happy we got something no matter how small it is. What I have an issue with is Mr. Earl got what, a 20% raise? We got 2%? If you like line haul wages then get out of the city, I am not here to have a city verse line haul. 82% OR we should have gotten a lot more. Break down pay, delay pay and an increase in drop and hooks need to be addressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
And who own's the company??????They can get all the money in the world.Sorry!!that is they way it is..
Keep drinking the kool-aid. I am happy we got somthing on matter how small it is. What I have an issue with is Mr. Earl got what a 20% raise? We got 2%? If you like line haul wages then get out of the city, I am not here to have q city ver line haul. 82% OR we should have gotten a lot more. Break down pay, delay pay and an increase in drop and hooks need to be addressed.

I think the pay raise we got is great and the extra holiday pay is great and most of all health ins.did not go up but a very min. amount all in all it's a good thing to be employed by OD

To hell with drops & hooks if you can roll at 60 mph you're making a $1.20 more per hour! You line guys make the most money out of nearly any driver in the trucking industry including men that haul heavy equipment. Think about it next time you're upset with what you make just going from A to B back to A at night. Even at 44 cpm, linehaul here would beat sleeping in hotel Cascadia in the back row of a Pilot.

To hell with drops & hooks if you can roll at 60 mph you're making a $1.20 more per hour! You line guys make the most money out of nearly any driver in the trucking industry including men that haul heavy equipment. Think about it next time you're upset with what you make just going from A to B back to A at night. Even at 44 cpm, linehaul here would beat sleeping in hotel Cascadia in the back row of a Pilot.

Well I do about 24 or so drops and hooks a night so I like them. But what I really find interesting is how it is thrown in our face that us line drivers make the most money out of almost any driver. I don't know if you are line or city but we are all on the same team. Do you think I work nights and roll in the winter, with my family home alone and not really get to see them during the week because I want to? Hell no! I do it to provide for my family, and I still think we ALL (city included) should have gotten a larger raise package. And to be honest, I wouldn't get out of bed for 44cpm! I am a damn good driver and I am worth every penny and then some, just like most of the drivers at OD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I do about 24 or so drops and hooks a night so I like them. But what I really find interesting is how it is thrown in our face that us line drivers make the most money out of almost any driver. I don't know if you are line or city but we are all on the same team. Do you think I work nights and roll in the winter, with my family home alone and not really get to see them during the week because I want to? Hell no! I do it to provide for my family, and I still think we ALL (city included) should have gotten a larger raise package. And to be honest, I wouldn't get out of bed for 44cpm! I am a damn good driver and I am worth every penny and then some, just like most of the drivers at OD.

Then come to the city, you'll get to see the family every night and still do 24 drops (of freight) per day! No one wants to man up and do city work, so you'll move up in seniority pretty quick.

Man, no one takes pride in work anymore. It's all about more more more me me me. Be thankful you got a raise period, or better yet be thankful your employed.. Your already making more than the trucking industry standard of $35k-$55k a yr. You say "Mr Earl" got a 20% raise.....I'm pretty sure that is company profit not CEO profit most of which will be reinvested into the company to stay competitive and in return keep you employed. If you think the grass is greener on the other side I hear Saia, yellow, and a few other LTL companies are hiring

Then come to the city, you'll get to see the family every night and still do 24 drops (of freight) per day! No one wants to man up and do city work, so you'll move up in seniority pretty quick.

I did city for about 5 years but I went line so my wife could stay home with the family, I would rather be city but it doesn't pay enough.

Man, no one takes pride in work anymore. It's all about more more more me me me. Be thankful you got a raise period, or better yet be thankful your employed.. Your already making more than the trucking industry standard of $35k-$55k a yr. You say "Mr Earl" got a 20% raise.....I'm pretty sure that is company profit not CEO profit most of which will be reinvested into the company to stay competitive and in return keep you employed. If you think the grass is greener on the other side I hear Saia, yellow, and a few other LTL companies are hiring

He got a raise on his salary, ya know also called take home pay. I am not talking company profit, I believe that was a lot higher than 20%. Now how does me wanting more money equate into me not taking pride in my work or the company? I am very proud of who I work for. The grass isn't greener on the other side I have been there. Any rate I am done arguing my point, I feel like I am beating a dead horse, I am not trying to get anyone to understand my point I was just simply saying I feel we should have had other things addressed and I still stand by my original statements.