ODFL | New wage increases posted here

Gripe and moan about certain things. Have said these same things in our meetings with big wigs and on surveys that I SIGN. So, my complaints are legit and not afraid to state. Yet, there is none better overall, if not, wouldn't be here. Issues, yes. Heck, last time I tried walking on water, my feet got wet on the bottom, so guess, I even need improvement.

:1904::poster_oops:
You've said some good things but I have a different opinion then you. There is no good reason not to pay OT after you've put in 40, good hours of work. And your breakdown theory is just plain idiotic. How I'm I supposed to tell when my injectors will blow? Again we agree to disagree.

Dang!!!I need to do this more often..:order:..:17142:..Now the best new's of all.......City Driver's get $24.95 here for breakdown!!!!!!!:confused:Need to breakdown more often!!!!!!:woohoo1:Now get you some of that Road Driver's....:nono_h4h:

Don't forget next month we city drivers enjoy our increase pay with drop & hooks LOL

How do raises work with newer hires? I have 3 months in and was wondering if I would see anything.

Up to the TM to decide what you get.. if you're a stellar employee, expect an increase otherwise you'll follow the yearly procedures until you hit top rate.

.85 cent hourly raise,,,LH 2 cent single,,,team 2.5 cent....insurance family increase $2.50 per week..Dental increasing $1 or 2...If spouse is employ'd&they have insurance.You can't keep them on our insurance..Birthday is a holiday now 9 hour's pay.Have to use within 30 day's after your you loose it.I didn't go to meeting this morning.They kick'd me to the street 1st thing.Got info from other driver..401 k stay's the same.They were explaining on the extra profit match that it would be high.That's why..We should be very proud&thankful for what they have given us..Let's keep it up..

Correction......Team pay increase 2.2.......believe everything else is straight.

Dang!!!I need to do this more often..:order:..:17142:..Now the best new's of all.......City Driver's get $24.95 here for breakdown!!!!!!!:confused:Need to breakdown more often!!!!!!:woohoo1:Now get you some of that Road Driver's....:nono_h4h:

By your own admission a proper pretrip will not allow for a breakdown. What does that say about you "dock bumper"? :duh:

I will say one thing.I've been driving for over 25 yrs.The past 10 with od.In those 25 yrs. I have broke down 2 time..Both with OD...I top'd black mountain in the old trusty 06 I had.It blew a bypass hose..The hose was cat yellow&alway's thought it was a metal line.Anyway,put me behind about 2 hour's..Never put in for breakdown.The last breakdown was local..Clutch rod rub'd a hole in compressor line on the Mercedes.We all know where the compressor is on them????O'h yes set for over 3 hour's....That is $24.10 breakdown pay per hour at 3 hour's.Again get you some of that!!!!!!:19:...I'm a stickler on a full pretrip before leaving&I preach this to all trainee's..I see other driver's just hook&go..They don't check nothing..Just saying there a occasion that thing's happen that driver's don't have control over.But,most breakdown's could have been caught before leaving&fix'd.Then you are not sitting on the side of the road waiting on someone..You can agree or disagree.But.when I run the road my rear will not be sitting on side of the road.Sorry!!Rather take that 15 minute's extra to double check before I leave..Everyone in the shop see's me coming everyday.:bat:QUOTE=Ump;1410423]By your own admission a proper pretrip will not allow for a breakdown. What does that say about you "dock bumper"? :duh:[/QUOTE]

Well, looking at my pay sheet. $7 an hour after giving the 1st hour. 6hr sit, while our tractors constant passed by. + motel room and lost 75% of nights pay and 25% of next day. (censor) 93 miles into trip, 48 miles from shop. Guarantee Freight, didn't make guarantee. Could have. Simple, people don't think. Asked if I could catch ride. Answer was NO. Major OD route, 1 comes by approx. every 10 to 15 mins. Bring back tractor. Tow outfit doesn't need me there to retrieve tractor from parking lot. Better yet, tow passed within 10 miles of location on way to shop to get a replacement tractor. Like I said, if we pride ourselves on productivity, why not ALL phases?? About every breakdown is on major route, none have been Pre-Trip catchable. Unless x-ray vision or ESP. Freight gets delivered, driver doesn't lose a days wages.

Better yet? See I'm a tractor swapper. Brought tractor in for PM. 1st loaner made it 1/5 mile rear end,(right out of shop after a PM) limped back. 2nd electrical issue during hookup (New tractor), 3rd, and add 4 1/2 hours later (non-paid) waiting for freight to be loaded took home due to losing window to make 2 legs of run. Due to time spent (non-paid) on 2 previous breakdowns. (Actual original tractor brought in for PM) Between swaps, breakdowns, and waiting for freight (lost 7 hours non-paid) able to make 1/2 days wages for 2 hours over normal day. Like I said, "salary I go home, or hourly people" don't care that their decisions or policies effect gotta produce/turn wheels, to get paid employees. Those whose job requires constant swaps can get a bad attitude towards ignorance.:2437:

Hate to hear that.Sending you some of the wonderful green kool-aid that's been passing around here..Had a ham biscuit with mine this morning.just in time for the OD 2.0 rocking video this morning..Thank's again OD for the nice yearly raise&extra day for my birthday..:dance:
Well, looking at my pay sheet. $7 an hour after giving the 1st hour. 6hr sit, while our tractors constant passed by. + motel room and lost 75% of nights pay and 25% of next day. (censor) 93 miles into trip, 48 miles from shop. Guarantee Freight, didn't make guarantee. Could have. Simple, people don't think. Asked if I could catch ride. Answer was NO. Major OD route, 1 comes by approx. every 10 to 15 mins. Bring back tractor. Tow outfit doesn't need me there to retrieve tractor from parking lot. Better yet, tow passed within 10 miles of location on way to shop to get a replacement tractor. Like I said, if we pride ourselves on productivity, why not ALL phases?? About every breakdown is on major route, none have been Pre-Trip catchable. Unless x-ray vision or ESP. Freight gets delivered, driver doesn't lose a days wages.

O'h yes!!forgot to mention that a big thank's came from corporate this morning for JIM Bob getting the raise info out 2 minutes after release. All over internet&tweeter tweet.....:poster_oops:..:1036316054:...Know need for meeting anymore.Jim Bob got it taken care of:popcorn:

Oh, I drink the Kool-Aid. Maybe if I drank more and numbed myself to common sense, I would not react to waste so much. Like I said before, ignoring simple fixes to improve delays/lost time, is not profitable. Partnered and ran 8/operated the 9th of my own until someone was silly enough to offer a buyout to get my share of a dedicated account. OD has great numbers, wonder how much better if some simple policies were implemented, I still think of "sure a lot of lost time and revenue due to standardized "Road Rescue" procedures, instead of a true mechanical/shop coordinated with dispatch operations. Understand. larger we get, more of structured, "No matter what, it's might be ignorant, yet policy states, it's done this way" mentality will be enforced.

O'h yes!!forgot to mention that a big thank's came from corporate this morning for JIM Bob getting the raise info out 2 minutes after release. All over internet&tweeter tweet.....:poster_oops:..:1036316054:...Know need for meeting anymore.Jim Bob got it taken care of:popcorn:

Yes, you are correct. TM chuckled. Our meeting is still 10 days away. Still want my donut though!!!!!

I will say one thing.I've been driving for over 25 yrs.The past 10 with od.In those 25 yrs. I have broke down 2 time..Both with OD...I top'd black mountain in the old trusty 06 I had.It blew a bypass hose..The hose was cat yellow&alway's thought it was a metal line.Anyway,put me behind about 2 hour's..Never put in for breakdown.The last breakdown was local..Clutch rod rub'd a hole in compressor line on the Mercedes.We all know where the compressor is on them????O'h yes set for over 3 hour's....That is $24.10 breakdown pay per hour at 3 hour's.Again get you some of that!!!!!!:19:...I'm a stickler on a full pretrip before leaving&I preach this to all trainee's..I see other driver's just hook&go..They don't check nothing..Just saying there a occasion that thing's happen that driver's don't have control over.But,most breakdown's could have been caught before leaving&fix'd.Then you are not sitting on the side of the road waiting on someone..You can agree or disagree.But.when I run the road my rear will not be sitting on side of the road.Sorry!!Rather take that 15 minute's extra to double check before I leave..Everyone in the shop see's me coming everyday.:bat:QUOTE=Ump;1410423]By your own admission a proper pretrip will not allow for a breakdown. What does that say about you "dock bumper"? :duh:
[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way. Arrive an hour before my gate because I hate to rush. Thump the tires before I go and after I get back. I think it's a lost art. Just had to get pull stated the other day because a clutch relay went out at the turn. Nice guy next to me hooked to me and gave me a pull. That's the kind of break down I like. 10 minutes then back on the road.