ODFL | New wage increases posted here

I do also want to say that the birthday being a holiday and have to use it within 30 days is a very nice gesture. I do like that one and I do like the raise we got to even things out.

Look!!they didn't have to give us nothing.Be happy in what you get..Please remember last year we got a big raise.But,our insurance increase'd.They inform'd us that the raise was to cover insurance.Also OD has invest'd alot more than they have in the past for new equipment&upgrade's to the system,etc..Some people are just never happy for what they have been bless'd with..Just saying&has of linehaul..You all make a hell of alot more money than the city driver's do..just saying....

I'm happy for whatever I get but stop being such a company apologist. EVEN with all these investments they made they still made the highest profit margin in company HISTORY. That's AFTER all the investments and cash expenditures. The boys in Thomasville aren't hurting.

And who own's the company??????They can get all the money in the world.Sorry!!that is they way it is..

Who does a lion's share of the work?? Those running the company wouldn't have a company to run without us. This is a good place to work and I am thankful for what I get, we deserve more. Start with overtime. When you spend over half your day at work and they are making almost 20% profit off my labor, overtime is deserved.

Then come to the city, you'll get to see the family every night and still do 24 drops (of freight) per day! No one wants to man up and do city work, so you'll move up in seniority pretty quick.

Yeah, you'll get to see the family, all of 30 minutes in the morning before work and maybe 20 minutes after work. The rest of the time you're working... for straight time.

Man, no one takes pride in work anymore. It's all about more more more me me me. Be thankful you got a raise period, or better yet be thankful your employed.. Your already making more than the trucking industry standard of $35k-$55k a yr. You say "Mr Earl" got a 20% raise.....I'm pretty sure that is company profit not CEO profit most of which will be reinvested into the company to stay competitive and in return keep you employed. If you think the grass is greener on the other side I hear Saia, yellow, and a few other LTL companies are hiring

Pointing out valid points and raising issues for discussion is allowed. Just because one (including myself) might question why certain things are the way they are doesn't mean we're ready to overthrow the current leadership and bring in the Teamsters. A little bit of discussion and disagreement is ok. If we just stare and nod at the leadership, I can guarantee eventually we will be taken advantage of.

Then come to the city, you'll get to see the family every night and still do 24 drops (of freight) per day! No one wants to man up and do city work, so you'll move up in seniority pretty quick.
How about you come to line and stop bitching about what I make. Me and OD determined what I'm worth, not you. If you need more our want more that's fine but stop trying to take it out of my pocket. Line is the highest paid job in any ltl. Get over it all ready.

Read the sniping and bitchin. Well, I'm a glass half full/whole picture type person. Most I've ever made, and work a heck of a lot easier than ever before. Do you really have a clue how much insurance has increased, and still skyrocketing. Some things to improve, yes. Especially hook/drops, and break down. No increase in 8+ years. Heck, shot, got shot at and hit, didn't make near this much. Know there is others hiring, or could go into another line of work, yet MY CHOICE is OD. Yes our competition is not doing as well, some have gotten cuts, with more to come and drive/pull junk. Others never recovered wages and benefits lost on 08-09. So, are some getting a little spoiled? Every time I want to rant too much, I vent a comment, then I back off and think were I came from, and how other outfits treat their people. Heck, I want more, who doesn't?. I'll just take my 55 to 60 extra a week and either up my charity contributions or 401k. Each has to find their mental well being, some never will.

So I need to seen you some of that green kool-aid we drink up here.:guinesssmilie:
I'm happy for whatever I get but stop being such a company apologist. EVEN with all these investments they made they still made the highest profit margin in company HISTORY. That's AFTER all the investments and cash expenditures. The boys in Thomasville aren't hurting.

:1036316054:..I was told by a old timer.If you like the place you work."Keep your mouth shut"I enjoy my place of work.Yes,I do have some thing's I don't like&would love to bring them up.But,in the big picture they are very little concern's..Several alway's bring up OT.Yes,we should get OT.But,if you have work'd with this company long enough to figure out.That if they pay'd it. you would never see it.The company follow's the labor law's that have been written.They are doing nothing wrong.People rant about the breakdown pay need's to be address'd.Well,have you thought about this one.If you do your pre-trip correctly&be alert to thing's.You will never breakdown.Just saying..
Read the sniping and bitchin. Well, I'm a glass half full/whole picture type person. Most I've ever made, and work a heck of a lot easier than ever before. Do you really have a clue how much insurance has increased, and still skyrocketing. Some things to improve, yes. Especially hook/drops, and break down. No increase in 8+ years. Heck, shot, got shot at and hit, didn't make near this much. Know there is others hiring, or could go into another line of work, yet MY CHOICE is OD. Yes our competition is not doing as well, some have gotten cuts, with more to come and drive/pull junk. Others never recovered wages and benefits lost on 08-09. So, are some getting a little spoiled? Every time I want to rant too much, I vent a comment, then I back off and think were I came from, and how other outfits treat their people. Heck, I want more, who doesn't?. I'll just take my 55 to 60 extra a week and either up my charity contributions or 401k. Each has to find their mental well being, some never will.

Want,Want,Want....You give a person a inch&they will take 3 inch's..Just saying..I work'd for a family own'd company for 17 yrs&yes I made good money..But,never got a raise,insurance kept going up&got crappy.I wasn't gaining anything...I do take it personally when you start attacking the person who feed's you.One day that feeder will stop...Just saying

Really??, do a good pretrip, rod thrown on 350,000 mile tractor 275 miles into run, radiator side busts out 47 miles from shop after full PM on a 1.2 million miler( it's 18 degrees out, with 30mph winds). Sat 8 and 10 hrs due to **** poor "Road Rescue". Sent a Service Pickup after issue explained, then time is doubled due to wrecker call out. Last week a driver sat 5 hours, 3 miles from a major hub with a shop due to an electrical shutdown (censor). No one able to just bring out a tractor?? For years management said working on issue, Really?? Guess if you get paid by hour, and always get home, don't care how ignorant a break down is taken care of. Or sit in a climate controlled office and go home, no matter who is stranded, it really doesn't matter. A P&Der once said, "I get paid either to work or sit". Have a lot of Modern Truck issue breakdowns and a lot of over a million milers. Pre trip wont catch these issues, especially with constant tractor swaps. Driver doesn't know the feel of his unit. PAR has a 15 that has been towed, more than driven due to electrical glitch, (Been to Freightliner 4 times in 3 weeks) was asked to test it other night, I refused, already lost a night of wages and motel stay due to equipment failure day before. If put on clock, what the heck, I'll take your Lemon for a spin.

Want,Want,Want....You give a person a inch&they will take 3 inch's..Just saying..I work'd for a family own'd company for 17 yrs&yes I made good money..But,never got a raise,insurance kept going up&got crappy.I wasn't gaining anything...I do take it personally when you start attacking the person who feed's you.One day that feeder will stop...Just saying

You just attacked person that fed you for 17 years.

Not an attack, if their is an issue that is failed to be addressed, or just plain ignored. All phases of operation needs to be efficient. Guess when I ran my own, always worked to keep drivers down time to minimum, and made it right for unexpected equipment failure.

:1036316054:..I was told by a old timer.If you like the place you work."Keep your mouth shut"I enjoy my place of work.Yes,I do have some thing's I don't like&would love to bring them up.But,in the big picture they are very little concern's..Several alway's bring up OT.Yes,we should get OT.But,if you have work'd with this company long enough to figure out.That if they pay'd it. you would never see it.The company follow's the labor law's that have been written.They are doing nothing wrong.People rant about the breakdown pay need's to be address'd.Well,have you thought about this one.If you do your pre-trip correctly&be alert to thing's.You will never breakdown.Just saying..

WOOOOOOOOO there cowboy!!!!!!!! If I do a proper pre-trip I will not break down???????? :wtflol: I have heard it all now........My head is spinning so fast right now I do not know what to say..........

You've said some good things but I have a different opinion then you. There is no good reason not to pay OT after you've put in 40, good hours of work. And your breakdown theory is just plain idiotic. How I'm I supposed to tell when my injectors will blow? Again we agree to disagree.