Next Contract

Yes abbaddon here at this terminal linehaul does make more than most of the city drivers cause we bust our butts and we run hard.I know what a senior driver made last year and yes I beat his pay.Our terminal mananger watches his day drivers and when it is slow not many get overtime at all.You think what you want to think.I know what I made.I use to work in the city before and switched to linehaul cause they were constantly cutting our hours back.I made more in money working linehaul than the city!!!!

as a middle of the list city driver out of 52 i've noticed that yes if you want to only do you're run and go home line-haul does better but if you make yourself available for ot on a regular basis you can beat their check it all kind of works out. same i think goes for line-haul if you're willing to drive out you're weekly clock you make a nice check

The IAM is only out for themselves, you are nothing but a number. The CONTRACT is written by NEMF, for NEMF. If you try to grieve any portion of it you will be out of a job soon enough. Nobody cares about you, no, not even your shop stupid (yes I spelled it right). Maybe if you vote in the TEAMSTERS you will do much better. THEY (The Shevell`S will not close the doors), stand up and let your voice be heard!!!!!

switch

you cannot switch departments without going to the bottom of the seniority list so if the city guys wanna try that they will go to bottom of list and start at bottom pay

That's not entirely true.

Have heard that some terminals have the option of changing status on a yearly basis. With no "penalty".

Think that is a good way to do business. It gives people flexibility, in case something in life changes.

Guess it depends on who was bargaining your contract and if that was a high priority at your terminal.

The IAM is only out for themselves, you are nothing but a number. The CONTRACT is written by NEMF, for NEMF. If you try to grieve any portion of it you will be out of a job soon enough. Nobody cares about you, no, not even your shop stupid (yes I spelled it right). Maybe if you vote in the TEAMSTERS you will do much better. THEY (The Shevell`S will not close the doors), stand up and let your voice be heard!!!!!

Come on! How could you say that maybe if we vote in the teamsters we'd do better? Ask some drivers of some of these companies if they could be in the IAM and still have a job, would they.

Not here to bash the teamsters, but the facts are the facts.
There is a medium where the company makes money and the employees can still make a living, and I think the teamsters push a little to hard against the companies.

Just some Ex Teamster Companies; And the list goes on....

Blue Line Express
Boss-Linco Lines Inc
Branch Motor Express
Cooper-Jarrett Motor Freight Lines
Eazor Express
Hall’s Motor Transit Co.
Hemingway Transportation
Interstate Motor Freight System
Lee Way Motor Freight Inc
McLean Trucking Co.
Oneida Motor Freight Inc.
Pilot Freight Carriers Inc
Smith’s Transfer Corp.
Spector-Red Ball
Wilson Freight Co
APA
Red Star
Preston 151
Vallerie Trucking
St. Johnsbury
Alvan
Consolidated Freightways
Pacific Intermountain Express (PIE)
Plymouth Rock
Transco Lines

Few occupations feel every jolt along the nation's economic highway as deeply as trucking. Although the American Trucking Association reported a slight rise in business in November, the previous month was the worst October for hauling cargo by truck in five years. And October is normally the busiest month on the road for the holiday season.

A total of 785 trucking companies with a combined fleet of about 39,000 trucks went out of business in the third quarter, bringing the number of company trucks idled in the first nine months of 2008 to more than 127,000, or 6.5 percent of the industry, reported Donald Broughton, trucking analyst and managing director of Avondale Partners.

Deregulation, good for the consumer, good for America.

I think if the teamsters were to be voted in and the IAM decertified out, MS would shut the doors.

I dont for sure, but, after considerable time reading about MS and the teamsters and Eastern Freightways and a decision made by US district court of law Sept 14th 1988, I dont think MS can do business with the teamsters.

Like I said, its only a guess.

United States v. Local 560 (I.B.T.), 694 F. Supp. 1158

Come on! How could you say that maybe if we vote in the teamsters we'd do better? Ask some drivers of some of these companies if they could be in the IAM and still have a job, would they.

Not here to bash the teamsters, but the facts are the facts.
There is a medium where the company makes money and the employees can still make a living, and I think the teamsters push a little to hard against the companies.

Just some Ex Teamster Companies; And the list goes on....

Blue Line Express
Boss-Linco Lines Inc
Branch Motor Express
Cooper-Jarrett Motor Freight Lines
Eazor Express
Hall’s Motor Transit Co.
Hemingway Transportation
Interstate Motor Freight System
Lee Way Motor Freight Inc
McLean Trucking Co.
Oneida Motor Freight Inc.
Pilot Freight Carriers Inc
Smith’s Transfer Corp.
Spector-Red Ball
Wilson Freight Co
APA
Red Star
Preston 151
Vallerie Trucking
St. Johnsbury
Alvan
Consolidated Freightways
Pacific Intermountain Express (PIE)
Plymouth Rock
Transco Lines

And most of these company's bad owner's and mangement.

Wow! Didn"t i write something like that about a week ago! Did you go up against these companys when they were all going out?

Down at a couple of terminals in virginia that is the way it is done. They take bids every year. You can switch back and forth but the company has to ok the move either way. If you do it once they are not as likely to let you do it again.