Yellow | Next COO

chuckwagon

TB Lurker
Credits
Got word from driver that the Locals involved will get it Dec 4. Deadline to apply for it is Dec 12th. Had no numbers or locations to give me. Maybe we will know more next week! This rumor came out of St. Louis.

need to talk to the BAs out of harrisburg.The company is in meeting right now with the freight heads.

Heard from mgt that we could know as early as next week. Our terminal (342) is rumored to be picking up about 50% more freight that would probably be coming from Springfield (547). Also was told that we currently are operating with 70+ casuals, but the company is looking to bring that number up to the 140's. Which leads me to think that 342 would stay a M-F operation despite the huge increase in freight. But who knows. We'll find out when we find out.

Heard from mgt that we could know as early as next week. Our terminal (342) is rumored to be picking up about 50% more freight that would probably be coming from Springfield (547). Also was told that we currently are operating with 70+ casuals, but the company is looking to bring that number up to the 140's. Which leads me to think that 342 would stay a M-F operation despite the huge increase in freight. But who knows. We'll find out when we find out.
Also heard they were going to start a sleeper operation at k.C. (342/R86) Hope it goes well for you. Mustache Retired Roadway

I know that the 'change' on the left coast in Sept. had their sleepers running to 342 KC. I quit running out there this last bid so I haven't heard how it is working out. I haven't heard of any changes in sleeper runs here at 309 but I would imagine something will this next 'change'.

I think the COO is there is no COO just a bunch of rumors like 547 will close and I have heard it will double and Oz never did give nothing to the TIN MAN

Trouble, I have to disagree with ya. I believe there's going to be a coo, I just think they may be holding up any announcements due to the fact that every barn in the mid west is busting at the seams with freight. Heck, were already pi--ed about the lay off's. Management may be waiting for things to slow down a little before they pi-- us off even more? As for them closing down 547 I haven't heard that one yet, and I doubt very much that they would even think of doing anything that stupid!

What I am hearing is that 547 and 371 would be shut down to city operations only and that 342 would be starting a sleeper operation like mustache said above. No point in worrying about things that are out of our hands though. We'll just have to wait and see if/when they announce a COO. Until then I won't lose any sleep over it.

I've been hearing the same thing for months now, but you have to add into that 531 is going to grow enormously with this change along with 342, but I also heard last week that 547 might also be adding sleepers, welcome to the world of 2 day service to the coast.

I have heard that the COO's won't be announced until after the first of the year. Like was posted, it's all rumor until the locals get it. DS.