FedEx Freight | NHS vote put on hold

Herding vote is on hold do to some legal issues

According to the IBT it has nothing to do do with legal issues or alleged ULPs. It's a smart and we'll-played tactic to wait-and-see what the itty bitty EOL New Jersey centers will do.

They can re-petition in 6 months as opposed to losing and having to wait 12 months.

Again, very smart.

Smart, if you want to win the chess match. Really has nothing to do with "Brotherhood" or helping us.

This is getting political and confusing and frustrating !!!

I just want to drive, collect my check, and spend it on my family !!!!

According to the IBT it has nothing to do do with legal issues or alleged ULPs. It's a smart and we'll-played tactic to wait-and-see what the itty bitty EOL New Jersey centers will do.

They can re-petition in 6 months as opposed to losing and having to wait 12 months.

Again, very smart.

Smart, if you want to win the chess match. Really has nothing to do with "Brotherhood" or helping us.

This is getting political and confusing and frustrating !!!

I just want to drive, collect my check, and spend it on my family !!!!

Straight from Teamsters FB page
"The election is off at NHS that was planned for tomorrow due to legal complications. Multiple alleged unfair labor practices need to be resolved before a fair election can be held. The charges include intimidation, threats, surveillance and many others. The petition had to be pulled in order to clear up these legal matters."

Straight from Teamsters FB page
"The election is off at NHS that was planned for tomorrow due to legal complications. Multiple alleged unfair labor practices need to be resolved before a fair election can be held. The charges include intimidation, threats, surveillance and many others. The petition had to be pulled in order to clear up these legal matters."

Gosh dang it !!!!

THINGS NEED FIXED !!!!

If there were ULPs they would have had the vote. If the ULPs were proven...the union is certified.

Not legal complications. Posturing within legal bounds.

It's still not about us, folks.

And how do you know this?
Guys, please use your heads ... Nobody was "forced to sign a card" and nobody got "harassed and intimidated". It's all on a level playing field with both sides trying to convince a majority as to what's best for them. Teamsters saw they couldn't win and pulled out ...

I think the union knew that they didn't have the votes so they stopped it from happening . You pro union guys should be upset, you got the signed cards and now they leave you hanging. They didn't won't the other centers to see how one sided this vote was going to be. IMHO

Cool your jets, just got done for the day. The NLRB refused to hear the charges before the election, as was the case in CIN. We were not going to allow that. Many were serious charges. The NLRB threatened to impound the ballots (leave the ballot box sealed indefinitely) because of these charges. This was not a clean cut decision made by solely either the Teamsters or the organizing committee.There's a lot more to this than your simple thoughts. There were issues with threats, intimidation, surveillance, voting location, and obvious forms treatment depending on what side of the fence a driver was on.

Guys, please use your heads ... Nobody was "forced to sign a card" and nobody got "harassed and intimidated". It's all on a level playing field with both sides trying to convince a majority as to what's best for them. Teamsters saw they couldn't win and pulled out ...
You quoted the question but didn't answer it

I think the union knew that they didn't have the votes so they stopped it from happening . You pro union guys should be upset, you got the signed cards and now they leave you hanging. They didnt won't the other centers to see how one sided this vote was going to be. IMHO

As much as logic would tell us to disagree with ANYONE with "Trucker" or " Insane" in the OP's name....this is right. And a "sacrifice fly" attempt to win. Hold NHS and hope for some smaller centers.

Note.. No offense intended to those that are truckers or the insane !

Last edited by a moderator:
Another case of union busters making claims based on zero facts about what happened or why.... AND from people that were silent before this campaign even started.... That equals busters to me.

As much as logic would tell us to disagree with ANYONE with "Trucker" or " Insane" in the OP's name....this is right. And a "sacrifice fly" attempt to win. Hold NHS and hope for some smaller centers.

Note.. No offense intended to those that are Tucker's or the insane !

Actually, there is an equal to, if not larger center, voting November 19th. Therefore, your theory doesn't hold water. Charlotte is due up with 223 drivers.

Note.. No offense intended to those that are Tucker's or the insane !

Had that been the case, they would have held our cards and waited to file the petition to begin with. The committee members got put into a bad position with the ULP's and the timing of events. You're reading too far into it and Monday morning quarterbacking. Speculate all you want and try to throw the Teamsters under the bus if it helps you sleep tonight. Those of us running the show at NHS's organizing campaign know the truth and are okay with the decision. We are still protected under concerted activity laws, the letter of protection from the labor attorneys is still active. No one left anyone out to dry. I assume that you're on the other side of the fence considering the scare tactics you presently are employing by speculating with little to no first hand knowledge. I'd also like to congratulate you on quadrupling your four year post count in the past 40 minutes.

Another case of union busters making claims based on zero facts about what happened or why.... AND from people that were silent before this campaign even started.... That equals busters to me.

Don't know if that was intended for me but....no buster here.

True, I've been trolling for years and never really felt compelled to talk.i'm a member of 5 or six other forums. Sports, music, politics art...I listen and creep. Sorry.

I have more facts than you could fathom and my center was REALLY watching NHS.

Again, a smart ploy from IBT. BUT I'm starting to doubt the benefits.

Just sayin'