FedEx Freight | NHS vote put on hold

Don't know if that was intended for me but....no buster here.

True, I've been trolling for years and never really felt compelled to talk.i'm a member of 5 or six other forums. Sports, music, politics art...I listen and creep. Sorry.

I have more facts than you could fathom and my center was REALLY watching NHS.

Again, a smart ploy from IBT. BUT I'm starting to doubt the benefits.

Just sayin'

well please share with us some of the more facts than you can fathom.....I haven't seen you put one on here yet! If you want to watch a center watch Charlotte Nov.19th. My barn will file the day after Charlotte votes yes and I am hearing more will be filing next week!

Had that been the case, they would have held our cards and waited to file the petition to begin with. The committee members got put into a bad position with the ULP's and the timing of events. You're reading too far into it and Monday morning quarterbacking. Speculate all you want and try to throw the Teamsters under the bus if it helps you sleep tonight. Those of us running the show at NHS's organizing campaign know the truth and are okay with the decision. We are still protected under concerted activity laws, the letter of protection from the labor attorneys is still active. No one left anyone out to dry. I assume that you're on the other side of the fence considering the scare tactics you presently are employing by speculating with little to no first hand knowledge. I'd also like to congratulate you on quadrupling your four year post count in the past 40 minutes.

You've been here for a year. You have more posts than me. OK.

I'm not Monday moning QBing. I'm just concerned about my 16 year career here with FXF.

How can we expect to be a brotherhood when we're so quick to stifle an opinion that is contrary to our own?

No one listens. Not Fred. Not Bill Cherry. Not you.

Vote the U in. Keep 'em out.

Who cares !?!

I'll just get back on the treadmill.....nothing will be solved here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brunswick is gonna announce in the AM vote is off intil further notice. CGT canceled all union meetings until further notice and have removed all union signs from personal vehicles

It's blatant lies like this why you anti union guys catch so much heat. The pro union side doesn't have to rely on lies, rumors, or innuendo, we have the facts on our side.

Cool your jets, just got done for the day. The NLRB refused to hear the charges before the election, as was the case in CIN. We were not going to allow that. Many were serious charges. The NLRB threatened to impound the ballots (leave the ballot box sealed indefinitely) because of these charges. This was not a clean cut decision made by solely either the Teamsters or the organizing committee.There's a lot more to this than your simple thoughts. There were issues with threats, intimidation, surveillance, voting location, and obvious forms treatment depending on what side of the fence a driver was on.

Thanks for speaking up. I tend to give more weight to statements made by those actually involved in the situation at hand. Please keep us posted as events unfold. I hope y'all realize, you still have our support.

IBT Pulls Election in North Harrisburg

As you all know by now the election in North Harrisburg (NHS) has been pulled by The International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT). This does not mean that NHS is out of the fight.

The reason was because of the many alleged unfair and illegal labor practices that were initiated by Fed Ex management. Employees, especially committee members with letters of protection from the Teamsters labor attorney allegedly, (and I have to use the word allegedly, I know it sucks, we know what they’re like) were harassed and threatened by key members of management. All alleged charges against the loving and caring Fed Ex will be addressed, including threats, intimidation and unlawful surveillance. If Fed Ex loves us so much and cares about our future why do they treat us like this? It’s because we are too stupid to know any better and we need them to take care of us.

Another factor was that local 776 in Harrisburg was in political turmoil between two slates running for officer elections. The committee members at NHS were caught up in the turmoil. This election of officers couldn’t have happened at a worse time for NHS. By the way 2 weeks ago a new slate of officers were elected to Local 776 in Harrisburg, the old was voted out. That my friends is how the Teamsters work. If you don’t like the job your officers are doing you can vote them out.

The decision was then made by the IBT to pull the petition for an election. This by all means is not over. NHS will be back in six months to file a petition for an election again. We will regroup, refocus and enter the fight again. Fed Ex did not chase the union out. The anti union employees did not chase the union out. We chose this path to make sure we come back harder and stronger. It is better to withdraw and live to fight another day than to continue handicapped and die.

In closing I would like to say good job to the committee members at NHS I know you will still carry on the fight. To the rest of us, carry on, fight on, we will not be discouraged, we will not be defeated.

Stand Strong and Stay Strong.
“VOTE YES”

I copied this from "Bring the Teamsters To FEDEX" on Facebook.

Another case of union busters making claims based on zero facts about what happened or why.... AND from people that were silent before this campaign even started.... That equals busters to me.

Well than tell us what happened. Because your silence just make our case. Because it was something that FEDEX did it would have been posted on every news outlet from here to China. The teamsters jacked it up and i am sure you will see plenty more of that.

As you all know by now the election in North Harrisburg (NHS) has been pulled by The International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT). This does not mean that NHS is out of the fight.

The reason was because of the many alleged unfair and illegal labor practices that were initiated by Fed Ex management. Employees, especially committee members with letters of protection from the Teamsters labor attorney allegedly, (and I have to use the word allegedly, I know it sucks, we know what they’re like) were harassed and threatened by key members of management. All alleged charges against the loving and caring Fed Ex will be addressed, including threats, intimidation and unlawful surveillance. If Fed Ex loves us so much and cares about our future why do they treat us like this? It’s because we are too stupid to know any better and we need them to take care of us.

Another factor was that local 776 in Harrisburg was in political turmoil between two slates running for officer elections. The committee members at NHS were caught up in the turmoil. This election of officers couldn’t have happened at a worse time for NHS. By the way 2 weeks ago a new slate of officers were elected to Local 776 in Harrisburg, the old was voted out. That my friends is how the Teamsters work. If you don’t like the job your officers are doing you can vote them out.

The decision was then made by the IBT to pull the petition for an election. This by all means is not over. NHS will be back in six months to file a petition for an election again. We will regroup, refocus and enter the fight again. Fed Ex did not chase the union out. The anti union employees did not chase the union out. We chose this path to make sure we come back harder and stronger. It is better to withdraw and live to fight another day than to continue handicapped and die.

In closing I would like to say good job to the committee members at NHS I know you will still carry on the fight. To the rest of us, carry on, fight on, we will not be discouraged, we will not be defeated.

“VOTE YES”

I call BS you did not have the votes and want some small end of the line centers to take the heat. You fought so hard for this day and then backed out because you did not have the votes and want us to believe the big bad red shirts scared the day before Halloween

The reason was because of the many alleged unfair and illegal labor practices that were initiated by Fed Ex management. Employees, especially committee members with letters of protection from the Teamsters labor attorney allegedly, (and I have to use the word allegedly, I know it sucks, we know what they’re like) were harassed and threatened by key members of management.

Makes some sense....but...why not run the play and try to get the first down? If you get the conversion, decline the penalty. If you don't, file the ULP....automatic first down b!tches !!!!

Again, smart move. Wait six months and try again as opposed to potentially lose and wait 12.

Makes some sense....but...why not run the play and try to get the first down? If you get the conversion, decline the penalty. If you don't, file the ULP....automatic first down b!tches !!!!

Again, smart move. Wait six months and try again as opposed to potentially lose and wait 12.

Did you even read what I wrote about the ballot box being sealed indefinitely after the election if we hadn't? Keep up the good work on the misinformation campaign you're running tonight.

I think it was a great decision. When the vote comes itll be an overwhelming yes, imo. Very good decision by or 4 the guys whove been working for a yes. I had concerns about the politics going on and its too important to take any unnecessary risks.

“VOTE YES”

Did you even read what I wrote about the ballot box being sealed indefinitely after the election if we hadn't? Keep up the good work on the misinformation campaign you're running tonight.

Sweet Baby Jeezus. Yes, I read your post. Just because I ask a question doesn't mean I'm running a campaign.

This is why we'll never be brotherhood. IBT or not.

I've said it before. I have 16 years here. Stuff needs improved. Before my center petitions and I'm asked for a vote, I want to get as much info as possible.

Thus one of the reasons why I've been a member for so long but resisted posting.

MANY are more interested in blaming and pointing fingers than constructing a solution.

I might as well have spent my night off talking to Bill Cherry.

I have to laugh at all the anti guys. They where quiet as church mice when EPH said yes. But the minute there's a chance for a no there like termites on a piece of old wood. I will say I'm on the fence and neutral but I will say that it seems the pro union has conducted there self's by just stating opinions and some facts. Not much mud slinging. Just my observation. Sure one of them will correct me before the night is over.

I have to laugh at all the anti guys. They where quiet as church mice when EPH said yes. But the minute there's a chance for a no there like termites on a piece of old wood. I will say I'm on the fence and neutral but I will say that it seems the pro union has conducted there self's by just stating opinions and some facts. Not much mud slinging. Just my observation. Sure one of them will correct me before the night is over.

I too am on the fence. If you would, kind sir, skooch over....this fence post is starting to get uncomfortable.

Well than tell us what happened. Because your silence just make our case. Because it was something that FEDEX did it would have been posted on every news outlet from here to China. The teamsters jacked it up and i am sure you will see plenty more of that.

Can you prove the Teamsters jacked up any of the charges or is it more of your anti BS

I will debate you any damned day because you just like to pop off and not answer anything, so to start it off, how has the union LIED to YOU? You never did answer that one.

Guys, please use your heads ... Nobody was "forced to sign a card" and nobody got "harassed and intimidated". It's all on a level playing field with both sides trying to convince a majority as to what's best for them. Teamsters saw they couldn't win and pulled out ...

The company played nice-nice...
Yeah, right.

Watkins sold you down the river just like the Teamsters.. Your butt really must hurt... Time for new mug.. Did you enjoy your week off ??