Central Transport | Nik-Picking write ups

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
Now they are writing us up for anything...As if they can't find anything else productive to do. I understand writing people up for doing the same mistakes over and over....But a driver that hardly ever makes a mistake and is the ultimate employee should be given a break. I understand you must be uniform across the board but in some cases you should just look the other way. You slip one digit in a zip code and thats a write up. Again if you do it over and over....Fine.....But once in a blue moon, come on look the other way....Whats happening is that drivers are becoming pissed and literally are starting to sabotage this company....They need to pick their battles a little better. Writing people up for not remembering to put their ending mileage on their trip report. For not putting the door number you spotted your trailer at when you come in. Why don't they start writing people up for tearing up freight? You know things that directly affect the bottom line. But my favorite write up as of late....Writing you up for calling in sick, because it wasn't scheduled it's unexcused....How was I to know that the mexican food joint I ate at was going to get me sick. And who cares I got a case of the runs and might be worried I might shi! on myself if I came to work....How can you plan for that? You can't. So it seems really F'd up that I get an unexcused absence for something that could never be scheduled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to FedEx. Oh wait...

It seems the leadership at any LTL outfit goes to the same F'd up school. They think that's what people need to straighten out. I hope you guys can survive it. I know I couldn't last. I got out of LTL and haven't looked back.

Guardrail

Welcome to FedEx. Oh wait...

It seems the leadership at any LTL outfit goes to the same F'd up school. They think that's what people need to straighten out. I hope you guys can survive it. I know I couldn't last. I got out of LTL and haven't looked back.

Guardrail
When did u leave fedex?where did u go to?

when they start to nik pic ,do it back to them.call d.o.t on them .they will be happy to come out and look at this crappy equipment.call o.s.h.a. and report any voilations you see at your terminal.my t.m. said they just want to get you on the record so its easier to fire you when they need to.the ones that need to be wrote up never are. i dont mind rules as long as they are the same for everyone. we dont get fed ex pay to put up with this b.s.
Now they are writing us up for anything...As if they can't find anything else productive to do. I understand writing people up for doing the same mistakes over and over....But a driver that hardly ever makes a mistake and is the ultimate employee should be given a break. I understand you must be uniform across the board but in some cases you should just look the other way. You slip one digit in a zip code and thats a write up. Again if you do it over and over....Fine.....But once in a blue moon, come on look the other way....Whats happening is that drivers are becoming pissed and literally are starting to sabotage this company....They need to pick their battles a little better. Writing people up for not remembering to put their ending mileage on their trip report. For not putting the door number you spotted your trailer at when you come in. Why don't they start writing people up for tearing up freight? You know things that directly affect the bottom line. But my favorite write up as of late....Writing you up for calling in sick, because it wasn't scheduled it's unexcused....How was I to know that the mexican food joint I ate at was going to get me sick. And who cares I got a case of the runs and might be worried I might shi! on myself if I came to work....How can you plan for that? You can't. So it seems really F'd up that I get an unexcused absence for something that could never be scheduled.

better than turning the other cheek, they just need to use their heads. that mexican food that did not agree with you? hey, if you start at 8 but called in by 6, i do not see that as an issue, plenty of time to re-work the daily plan, call in at 730, then yes, write 'em up. forget to punch en-route but show arrive at next stop 3 miles away in 5 minutes? you were busy doing your job, now if them 3 miles took 20 minutes in a small town and you never updated status, start looking at electronic trail that gets updated every few minutes with gps, did they get stuck at r/r tracks, or was truck at starbucks?

The electronic trail is their new toys favorite feature....But you see this is the thing if your doing your job it protects you....But if your not it really doesn't matter because they are so desparate for drivers they can't afford to do anything about it right now even if your sitting at Starbucks. There are times I get so slammed that I forget to hit enrouth....or arrived....or loading.....guess what? Write up.

rumors were going around that instead of reduces hours on everyone, they were going to get rid of some drivers based on the tablet, punching arrive when you are at a gas station, heard one guy in indy actually went 20 miles out of route to go home for lunch one day while still punched at unloading, lied to dispatcher about where he was, he did not come back the next day,,,,,,, i heard anyway, never got a second story about it, but, it makes sense

The only problem is dispatch,follows the blue triangle, to watch them make little patterns like a video game. Something like asteroids.....and not really looking at emails for pickups.
By the time he assigns pickups they are in the red. or ready to close.:1904:

alot of time is wasted waiting for a dispatcher to respond to an email[ sometimes i wait 20 minutes waiting for them to tell me to start heading back.QUOTE=outwheeler;1173201]The only problem is dispatch,follows the blue triangle, to watch them make little patterns like a video game. Something like asteroids.....and not really looking at emails for pickups.
By the time he assigns pickups they are in the red. or ready to close.:1904:[/QUOTE]

Think of it this way; Dispatch is trying to help you with getting more hours when there is no freight in your area to pick up.

The only problem is dispatch,follows the blue triangle, to watch them make little patterns like a video game. Something like asteroids.....and not really looking at emails for pickups.
By the time he assigns pickups they are in the red. or ready to close.:1904:

well, that is terminal by terminal, i have picks already before i leave, and if that days route is a big circle, you better call in before i go past your town, dispatch will tell them truck has already passed your location and there is not enough time to come back today, sorry

our dispatcher waits til you're done and e-mail him, he also gives his favorites easy bulk pickups and gives the scrap crap ones to people he dislikes. why corporate does'nt fire him is beyond me, but if they do we won't get overtime.

Oh come on guys really? We all wanted changes for the better. We wanted standards. You want to be treated like a professional. You want to be paid as a professional. So now that the company is making the nessary changes and implementing work rules, YOUR CRYING??????? So they want a bills per hour upheld. Communication when your held up. They are trying to hold us all to a STANDARD. By doing all those things it will EVENTUALLY (NOT OVER NIGHT) cut down on waste. YES it will EVENTUALLY weed out all these little crap bag drivers the company and terminals were forced to hire (the type of driver was dictated by our pay and desparation). So now you CRY and WHINE. Instead of just doing the job the way the company is instructing you to do it you want to cry, whine, complain and try to fight the system GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BUDDY! I like you are here under your power and YOUR OWN FREE WILL. In todays society and work ethics the company HAS TO treat you like a child. So why don't you SACK UP and start acting like ADULT? Put on your BIG BOY PANTIES and except the fact the doing what you want,when you want and how you want is over. NOW you have a BIG DECISION to make SPORT are YOU GOING TO BE A BIG BOY OR WILL YOU ACT LIKE A BABY UNTIL THEY GET RID OF YOU AN YOUR CRYBABY FRIENDS? I look forward to reading your posts when they do crap can you and then you will be on here crying that they fired you and now your going to sue the company for a wrongful termination in a right to work state. I was here before you and I will be here long after your gone so I will go ahead and laugh at you right now HA FRIGGIN HA!

AND WHOMEVER SAID call the DOT wow thats like running to mommy when daddy says no YOUR a prime example.

Oh come on guys really? We all wanted changes for the better. We wanted standards. You want to be treated like a professional. You want to be paid as a professional. So now that the company is making the nessary changes and implementing work rules, YOUR CRYING??????? So they want a bills per hour upheld. Communication when your held up. They are trying to hold us all to a STANDARD. By doing all those things it will EVENTUALLY (NOT OVER NIGHT) cut down on waste. YES it will EVENTUALLY weed out all these little crap bag drivers the company and terminals were forced to hire (the type of driver was dictated by our pay and desparation). So now you CRY and WHINE. Instead of just doing the job the way the company is instructing you to do it you want to cry, whine, complain and try to fight the system GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BUDDY! I like you are here under your power and YOUR OWN FREE WILL. In todays society and work ethics the company HAS TO treat you like a child. So why don't you SACK UP and start acting like ADULT? Put on your BIG BOY PANTIES and except the fact the doing what you want,when you want and how you want is over. NOW you have a BIG DECISION to make SPORT are YOU GOING TO BE A BIG BOY OR WILL YOU ACT LIKE A BABY UNTIL THEY GET RID OF YOU AN YOUR CRYBABY FRIENDS? I look forward to reading your posts when they do crap can you and then you will be on here crying that they fired you and now your going to sue the company for a wrongful termination in a right to work state. I was here before you and I will be here long after your gone so I will go ahead and laugh at you right now HA FRIGGIN HA!

AND WHOMEVER SAID call the DOT wow thats like running to mommy when daddy says no YOUR a prime example.
Do you think management never complains? They are some of the biggest cry babies of all. They complain they don't have enough people when actually they need to manage their time better. They try and use us as a scapegoat all the time. I know they are perfect though and never complain. Most drivers here do their job and do it in a professional manner. If we had just half the managers that did their job and stopped blaming us for their shortcomings we would have been in the black long ago. We don't mind structure and standards brother, but that goes both ways....It's not a one way street.

Last edited by a moderator: