FedEx Freight | No bonus checks ?

Stoney, ABF is a good company from what I hear, why you gonna jump?...just curious....although I would say it would be a good choice.....

Same as last year. The bonus was supposed to be paid out last month but because of the fiscal year end and all the paperwork it is put off one month for this quarter only. Our next bonus (if we attain the numbers) will be paid in September and the next in December. Normally our checks come out on the 15th of the month. Why they are holding till the 21st of the month this time is anybody's guess (or rummor).

I'm just happy we are getting a bonus after some of the freight I have seen come in across the DAL dock. I am totally amazed!

:moped:

Man, I have to agree about the freight lately.
Has there been some sort of wave of hiring at the hubs taking place that is bringing in job service people? Cause there ain't NO resemblence to the way I was taught to deck, dunn and strap a load to travel. Hubs seem to have started using skid steer loaders.

It truly seems like the dock workers and supervisors really don't care how it looks as long as it off the dock.

Smokestack said:
It truly seems like the dock workers and supervisors really don't care how it looks as long as it off the dock.
I would just like say that this may be true for some centers, it isn't true for ours! I am speaking on behalf of dcu. We are not a hub, but very large considering how small our terminal is. We care. Nina

Good for you Nina ! I hope that feeling is contagious. It would do nothing but help everybody if we cared a little more about damaging someone elses property....

Trailer Trash said:
I get mine once a month. Well ain't that a :nutkick: Maybe if you quit the East and come West you will get it also.:bgroovy:
I'll wait on my bonus check, if it means I don't have to pull those raggedy trailers and dollies from the West, or have to walk around to the right side to roll my landing gear up, or climb up on the frame to hook air-lines up or, well, you get the picture.:biglaugh:

wow what a tough job.

have to walk around to the right side to roll my landing gear up, or climb up on the frame to hook air-lines up or

Context Homey....

Homey said:
wow what a tough job.

have to walk around to the right side to roll my landing gear up, or climb up on the frame to hook air-lines up or
Wasn't really complaining about the "toughness" of the job. I would explain, context to you, but, I have reason to believe it would not resonate with the "homey.":chairshot:

I hear ya Pinball....and those clear roof trls are hot! Too.....Good luck tying something to the wall also....first time someone slips and breaks their arm climbing to hook up air lines, I bet we'll get a deck to stand on or something....

Sorry been on the road. Your right about ABF, they are a very good company. But I don't trust the union to be here in 10yrs or so, and I'll have a better retirement with a 401K that the pension we get. And also I'm a very conservative republican and the teamsters stand for everything that I don't. So to be true to my personal political believes I need to leave.

I hear ya....good thinking, I thought the same when I was in the "T" environment....not a good environment, gotta think of the long term.

if you order your tractor with cat walks you want have that problem, the way our tractor is set up we can stand on the ground and hookup out here on the west we think safety before profit, i have driven line here for 19 yrs. and this west cost div. have a good safety record, our equipment is check out threw our shops before we go out on the hwy. have a safe trip.

hear, hear

stoneyABF said:
Sorry been on the road. Your right about ABF, they are a very good company. But I don't trust the union to be here in 10yrs or so, and I'll have a better retirement with a 401K that the pension we get. And also I'm a very conservative republican and the teamsters stand for everything that I don't. So to be true to my personal political believes I need to leave.
Glad to see a man standing on his principles, Stoney. That's just awesome my friend.
Where are you located? See if I can find out anything that may help you to come on over. You can shoot me a private message if you don't want it private.

Thanks Pin lets see if we can help him .
Feel free to PM and lets see if we can get you over to the FXF side .
We need good drivers and that is a fact !

PINBALL said:
I'll wait on my bonus check, if it means I don't have to pull those raggedy trailers and dollies from the West, or have to walk around to the right side to roll my landing gear up, or climb up on the frame to hook air-lines up or, well, you get the picture.:biglaugh:
:bowdown: God forbid that you might get some exercise walking to the right side of the truck. As for raggedy, when was the last time you saw the axle pulled off a West trailer of for that matter a brake drum exploded on one.:nutkick: Before you throw stones at the West make sure your trailers in the East aren't made of glass.

:holysheep::wtflol: Just an additiontional thought. How did this thread go from being about whether or not the East was getting a bonus check this year to being about the condition of the trailers and converter gears from the West? Can you say:Off-Topic: ?