FedEx Freight | no go in CIN

Croydon PA (EPH) votes next... everybody settle down, let's see what happens when they vote.

CIN you disappointed many of us tonight!

Croydon and some of the other terminals voting soon arent too far away. Maybe they can transfer to them after the yes' come thru there.

Why would they do that. . Why would they want to screw the no people?
Because they can and they've just been shown the drivers think that management is stronger.

How do I know?

Because I was a big "yes" voter for concessions. I think keeping the union numbers up is extremely imoortant to our trade. But " yes" was more a company position.

Somewhere in the chain in the corporation is that " competitive/ dominance thing.
Since we took concessions, look how many times they came back.
It wasn't enough to just take15%.And cut 75% of pension...they keep coming bsck.
Breaking down conditions more and more wherever they can. They never used cartage at our terminal except a short time in '92. ..They used cartage all thru August this year.
They came out with stricter attendance policy. Make numerous attempts to skirt many rules.

A no in your situation gives them the green light to abuse snd take more and more. And they will. Ask any old union worker. They will tell you so.

You are in a pisition now that you would be best to vote yes now to even preserve what you have, let alone think of getting more with a no. You won't.
You're dealing with bigshot CEO types and a corporation. Dog eat dog. Not a family business.
The rest would be best to vote yes. Or its gonna get more miserable than it was imo.

Apparently 57 people in CIN think it's okay to give the company their youth and health and then be discarded when both are used up and nothing to show for it.

Because they can and they've just been shown the drivers think that management is stronger.

How do I know?

Because I was a big "yes" voter for concessions. I think keeping the union numbers up is extremely imoortant to our trade. But " yes" was more a company position.

Somewhere in the chain in the corporation is that " competitive/ dominance thing.
Since we took concessions, look how many times they came back.
It wasn't enough to just take15%.And cut 75% of pension...they keep coming bsck.
Breaking down conditions more and more wherever they can. They never used cartage at our terminal except a short time in '92. ..They used cartage all thru August this year.
They came out with stricter attendance policy. Make numerous attempts to skirt many rules.

A no in your situation gives them the green light to abuse snd take more and more. And they will. Ask any old union worker. They will tell you so.

You are in a pisition now that you would be best to vote yes now to even preserve what you have, let alone think of getting more with a no. You won't.
You're dealing with bigshot CEO types and a corporation. Dog eat dog. Not a family business.
The rest would be best to vote yes. Or its gonna get more miserable than it was imo.

Yes they will, until they have total satisfaction...... Freddie is pissed now and don't care.... First email the TM will get in the morning will read "Get all applications out and start interviewing"....

What happens next? Hope to God that all of the other terminals vote it in. If not, I doubt many others will step up and do this. Power is in numbers and the majority spoke today. Whether some got scared, manipulated, lied to, whatever, it is what it is. It is going to take a year to get a good number of terminals to vote and get a contract started. If more terminals step up and do this and vote the Teamsters in, then Cinnaminson will have another opportunity to fix this. Until then, try to keep your heads up and please dont't let your potential anger or frustration get the best of you. What's done is done, for now...