FedEx Freight | no go in CIN

A possible first here? Another union trolling for members for their union base? Are you working steady since it is a construction trade? Just curious:shrug:

I'm not doing that at all, the operators are not set up to really help a group of drivers like Fedex has. That being said I am much happier than I was as a Teamster.

You saying it doesn't make it a "fact" from what I've read on the NLRB site they say each side will have observers there. Where you there?

I "think" there is to be a NLRB person, a company representative observer, and a pro organizing employee observer (presumably committee member). I don't think an official Teamster Rep. is required or allowed.

I "think" there is to be a NLRB person, a company representative observer, and a pro organizing employee observer (presumably committee member). I don't think an official Teamster Rep. is required or allowed.

Don't feed the troll he is spam he never worked here his is full of it.

CIN cast their vote, and it should be respected. It's not a loss, only a decision that the drivers of CIN made for themselves. Do not forget that the dock workers of VBC have proven FedEx isn't insurmountable.

I, for one, will continue to watch this very closely. I also pray for all the brave drivers of CIN, because retribution will undoubtedly be coming their way.

Yes you and I have come to a pretty agreeable place lately and we can even disagree with out becoming disagreeable. I do think you make a decent argument, in my experience I'm familiar with two hubs in the Midwest and they can't get enough cards sign to even think about a petition, so what's going on there is just what I'm talking about the pro guys are slowly talking people into signing cards but those people's hearts aren't reall in it. Until Fedex actually pushes them to far they will most likely vote no.

Where in the Midwest? Might be a little animosity in that region for the YRC vote.. That's my opinion so don't take it to another level... I just hear things coming out of up there that they would consider voting union, but not Teamsters....

Where in the Midwest? Might be a little animosity in that region for the YRC vote.. That's my opinion so don't take it to another level... I just hear things coming out of up there that they would consider voting union, but not Teamsters....

I'm in Ohio, and I don't think it has that much to do with the YRC vote but I could be wrong. I know I talk to some of the guys from my old terminal and they say the union is a non starter there, they just aren't that interested for whatever reason. I also have family another terminal and they say its not going anywhere there either.

I'm not doing that at all, the operators are not set up to really help a group of drivers like Fedex has. That being said I am much happier than I was as a Teamster.
Building trade unions control the roost in the private sector! Then you made a wise move leaving for greener pasturers and most likely not killing yourself? Less stress of P& D if that was your field?

Building trade unions control the roost in the private sector! Then you made a wise move leaving for greener pasturers and most likely not killing yourself? Less stress of P& D if that was your field?

Yes and no, I have always been in the trades I went to Fedex when the economy tanked and construction slowed down, I thought P&D was a pretty easy gig but it just wasn't for me. I'm one of just two drivers at my company so it can get pretty stressful at times but all and all I like it much better.

Yes and no, I have always been in the trades I went to Fedex when the economy tanked and construction slowed down, I thought P&D was a pretty easy gig but it just wasn't for me. I'm one of just two drivers at my company so it can get pretty stressful at times but all and all I like it much better.

Ya gotta admit, it does seem to offer plenty of time to post on here... :Poke: :cool:

I'm ok with it..as long as they don't go back to treating everybody like crap! that stupid ass point system...route changes...we re not 8 yrs. old for christ sake...treat us with respect and it will be returned...treat us like crap and you get the teamster b.s.

Well for starters, the last I heard the pension fund is in "critical" status. Pretty sure that's not a good thing. Why do you think they are targeting fedex so heavily, they're broke b******!

Well for starters, the last I heard the pension fund is in "critical" status. Pretty sure that's not a good thing. Why do you think they are targeting fedex so heavily, they're broke b******!

Please point out the post where ONE pro union driver at FXF has said they have any interest whatsoever of being part of the NMFA and its pension plans. If would kindly check your facts, UPS and UPS Freight have their own pension plan. That is what we are seeking and would vote for.

Being in the union does not mean being in the pension fund. And only a few are broke. The majority of the funds are quite strong. And fedex wasnt targeted. The drivers went TO the union.

Of course you are. Because it's simply not possible for someone who used to work at FedEx to care about the company and it's future. Let alone for someone to hate the politics and still disagree with a narrow-minded point of view.

That's all he has left, he can prove anything I say wrong, so he calls me a liar and my posts spam. I'm not posting my real name on a public forum but other than that what kind of proof that I worked for fedex do you need I seem tho e the only one who has to prove anything.

Another "two post wonder", wrong on both counts. FedEx drivers "targeted" the Teamsters not the other way around. FedEx drivers would have no part of the pensions plans you cite, through dues or otherwise. Facts, Man, Facts.

Oh, just messing with ya on the 2nd post thing. :Poke: Welcome to the board! :smilie93C_peelout: