XPO | Not a done deal yet....

I sincerely hope this works out well for y'all.
Look at it this way : The CEO of XPO Logistics is putting a lot on this - roughly $6 billion in long term debt when the dust settles. He's personally lost TONS of money in stock since the deal was announced.
He either has great ideas that he truly believes in and he sees great potential in Con-way ......OR he's an idiot , who bit off more than he can chew and doesn't have a clue. Time will tell but , Nothing ventured , nothing gained.

Look at it this way : The CEO of XPO Logistics is putting a lot on this - roughly $6 billion in long term debt when the dust settles. He's personally lost TONS of money in stock since the deal was announced.
He either has great ideas that he truly believes in and he sees great potential in Con-way ......OR he's an idiot , who bit off more than he can chew and doesn't have a clue. Time will tell but , Nothing ventured , nothing gained.

He's a billionaire either way. We are the ones who will suffer if he is wrong.

CgztXFV.jpg

Im going to miss these colors as well as the name....

relax guys, Jacobs' got this. morgan Stanley believes in him to the tune of $2,000,000,000; wall street ( particularly their analysis have been begging for a change of management at con-way), believes in him; a couple of big time private investors believe in him. what more can I say to ease your concerns? if things don't pan out, well- we still have our cdl's during a driver shortage that's only becoming more acute as time goes on. only thing that we can do is to hope and pray for the best but also prepare for the worst if it doesn't go the way we hoped it would, and then move on... right???

relax guys, Jacobs' got this. morgan Stanley believes in him to the tune of $2,000,000,000; wall street ( particularly their analysis have been begging for a change of management at con-way), believes in him; a couple of big time private investors believe in him. what more can I say to ease your concerns? if things don't pan out, well- we still have our cdl's during a driver shortage that's only becoming more acute as time goes on. only thing that we can do is to hope and pray for the best but also prepare for the worst if it doesn't go the way we hoped it would, and then move on... right???

Pretty much. They have faith in him turning this into a money making machine FOR THE INVESTORS themselves. Some drivers jumped ship a while ago, others will jump now, the rest of us will wait and see. A lot of people are going around and filling out applications just to be on file and have a chance to hear about wages and benefits. Over the years so many got their CDL here and this is the only trucking job that they know. But that's all changing now. So it's going to be whatever.

its done. there was a conference call yesterday. the downgrade has no bearing on the merger, financing was in place long ago, with a back up plan as well. rebranding teams are staged all over the country, it will happen quick.
I've heard that the deal will close on the 10th of this month, (October), 30 days after the initial buyout offer was tendered. unless another bidder jumps in and offers Conway a better share price before the 30 days are up,(on october 9th), then its a done deal and xpo owns us. is this near to being accurate?

I've heard that the deal will close on the 10th of this month, (October), 30 days after the initial buyout offer was tendered. unless another bidder jumps in and offers Conway a better share price before the 30 days are up,(on october 9th), then its a done deal and xpo owns us. is this near to being accurate?

I heard there will be a dead zone, where no activity will occur on the shares, from the 9th -14th and that then the sale is final.

I heard there will be a dead zone, where no activity will occur on the shares, from the 9th -14th and that then the sale is final.
Hold the phone!!!, at least til this Friday the 16th. xpo just put out a press release asking for a 3 day extension to purchase conway on account of some legal technicality glitch.

Be thankful his last name is not Zollars.

Be thankful his last name is not Zollars.

Be thankful his last name is not Zollars ....

The offer to tender Co-way shares has been extended to 10/16/2015 at 11:59 pm they have only received 61.8% of the shares outstanding, sounds to me 38.2% need an XPO hug!!!

The offer to tender Co-way shares has been extended to 10/16/2015 at 11:59 pm they have only received 61.8% of the shares outstanding, sounds to me 38.2% need an XPO hug!!!

A lot of drivers have heard so many different things. And several calls to T Rowe have resulted in different advice being given. Many believe that the tender was a vote for the sale and that the stock will be purchased at the 47.60 either way. So they don't want their company sold and did not return the tender.

A lot of drivers have heard so many different things. And several calls to T Rowe have resulted in different advice being given. Many believe that the tender was a vote for the sale and that the stock will be purchased at the 47.60 either way. So they don't want their company sold and did not return the tender.

I never got a letter in the mail for me to sign.