R&L | Now hiring all positions

Speaking from experience here...I ran OTR for 8 years before coming to the LTL world. You take your breaks when you can get them...not when you think you need one. It was a tough transition from 1-2 stops a day to making 18-20 a day average. I wouldn't trade it for OTR though...I'm home in my own bed every night, drinking Old No7 (sometimes with Coke), bumpin' uglys with the woman, and having at least half a life on a weekly basis. I surely do not miss the 600 mile days anymore. Give me my 100-120 mile day and 15-20 stops and Im a happy truck driver. So to all you OTR guys that can't handle the R+L way....just please stay away...Thanks and have a nice day.

Speaking from experience here...I ran OTR for 8 years before coming to the LTL world. You take your breaks when you can get them...not when you think you need one. It was a tough transition from 1-2 stops a day to making 18-20 a day average. I wouldn't trade it for OTR though...I'm home in my own bed every night, drinking Old No7 (sometimes with Coke), bumpin' uglys with the woman, and having at least half a life on a weekly basis. I surely do not miss the 600 mile days anymore. Give me my 100-120 mile day and 15-20 stops and Im a happy truck driver. So to all you OTR guys that can't handle the R+L way....just please stay away...Thanks and have a nice day.

Well said,I so agree.

Only thing is, in this business you are subject to the consequences of SO MANY other people's stupidity and laziness. At least when you're a road driver you get a load and you don't have to talk to or deal with anyone for 3 days. I can't say I won't go back to it eventually.

Good thread,.. I hope things improve alot more.

Can you have an old DUI, and work for R & L?

Anyone know if Fonatana California terminal is Hiring?

Does anyone work at R+L in fontana, Ca? Just want to know if they are hiring at the moment? I heard they bought some company out and might need more Drivers.