SAIA | Now that I’m retired .... let’s expose the truth!

You know stocks better then that. It’s not the price per share, it’s the movement and how many shares you have. GE is at 12.00 a share and I know you don’t think their junk compared to Saia or OD. Don’t play to the masses.
As long as the stock keeps rising and hitting levels quarterly nothing will change because they are winning. I bought at 9.00, sold at 30.00, bought again at 20.00 and 18.00, sold off some at 68.00. The 20.00 and 18.00 were less then three or four years ago and I tripled my investment. That’s part of why I retired at a ‘younger’ then ‘normal’ age. I took advantage of the spread, not just Saia’s. It’s not a defense of Saia, it’s a reality check.
My GE stock? Well, it’s stable and I expect it will stay pretty much that way and pay dividends, it won’t swing like other stocks.
There’s your life lesson for the night. Stock stays up, your whining doesn’t matter. Stock drops, well, then it still doesn’t, there’s just less people employed to whine.
For me it’s about staying ahead of the IRS. Converting a 401K or traditional IRA into a Roth can significantly reduce your future taxable income, since no federal taxes are due on Roth withdrawals, unlike the case with those tax-deferred accounts. Upon converting, you'll owe ordinary income tax on the amount converted (excluding after-tax contributions). But once you’re in a lower tax bracket, your tax bill may be smaller than it would have been a few years earlier or later. I suggest stretching out a Roth conversion over a number of years, each year converting only an amount that won’t push you into a higher tax bracket. Basically nibbling at your IRA. If you’re in the 15% federal tax bracket or lower, you don’t owe capital gains taxes on the sale of securities you have held for more than one year. Investors in higher brackets will own at least 15%. So if you drop to a low bracket, you could sell stocks that no longer fit in your portfolio, especially if they have appreciated in value. Sorry I’m rambling. I’ve had too much to drink. But hey, I’m ****ing retired.

Well apparently you can't seem to grasp what he is telling you
Coal, don’t concern yourself with Dick. He’s just being what he is .... a “Dick” .... Dick is just argumentative unless it fits his cause. He’s totally self absorbed and is now a company man against the working man’s injustices in the work place.

Coal, don’t concern yourself with Dick. He’s just being what he is .... a “Dick” .... Dick is just argumentative unless it fits his cause. He’s totally self absorbed and is now a company man against the working man’s injustices in the work place.

Easy there Norma Rae. You've only now begun speaking out since you've....(clears throat) retired, and it's only on an anonymous social media platform.

Last edited:
A previous poster mentioned that morale had nothing to do with the OR. I’ve given this a lot of thought, and the common denominator/conclusion that I have is that happy employees are safe, productive, and have their personal and company goals in mind while at work. So, in a nutshell...the OR is a function of morale. And (I may be opening pandora

A previous poster mentioned that morale had nothing to do with the OR. I’ve given this a lot of thought, and the common denominator/conclusion that I have is that happy employees are safe, productive, and have their personal and company goals in mind while at work. So, in a nutshell...the OR is a function of morale. And (I may be opening pandora

A true professional will do his job above and beyond regardless of personal feelings. I like to think that LTL drivers are a cut above the rest when it comes to professionalism.

You have to be kidding? If that's all you done is ltl go take a seat rookie

Where did you come up with that? You aren't the brightest bulb in the room are you?
yEUXHQ9.jpg

Been a long time since I've been called a rookie, guess I'll take a seat too!
That’s the last thing I would call you. Old Goat comes to mind when I think of you. :1036316054: or maybe Old Geezer! Are you still sitting on your front porch yelling at the neighborhood kids? You’re just an Old Fart that smells like moth balls. You old Relic!

Last edited: