Holland | Now that the merger is complete, what's next?

teamster02

TB Lurker
Credits
Lets face it, YRC (upper) mgmt. has had their hands full for many months with this merger/consolidation. Now that it is done, what is your opinion on what they will do (if anything) next. Particularly with the Regionals.

probably the same thing that they just did to yellow and roadway.
Merge with YRC? I guess it's possible, but I don't see any advantage to that. They have proven time and time again they do not do next day freight well. Also you would give up Hollands reputation as a next day/ low claim carrier.

Maybe know they have a system in place to close the regionals and take our freight, just like they have been taking the new volvos. Well I guess the Volvos are legally YRC, just like the freight is legally anyones. just a thought

Maybe know they have a system in place to close the regionals and take our freight, just like they have been taking the new volvos. Well I guess the Volvos are legally YRC, just like the freight is legally anyones. just a thought
Thanks for the thought there Captain Positive! Glad you add to my wonderful day!:nutkick:

just a thought, don't want to upset anybody, but everyone keeps forgetting that YRC is just a holding company.

i think technically YRC is a holding company, that just so happens to own trucking companies. go check some of wild bills and other officers of the company profile, most of them are officers of other Corporations that have nothing to do with the transportation industry.

Does this make sense.....Group New Penn and Holland together as a super regional and spin it off? Just an idea....

Outside looking in

Works for me!:smilie_132:

As a former YRC'er, I still follow closely in the market, and wish nothing but the best for you guys.

Having said that, it seems that Zollars purposely avoids commenting on the regional group, particularly when questioned by analysts. The regional group showed the worst OR in the corporation last year (probably due to all of the "fees" paid to Overland Park for the honor).

I think the regional group presents YRC with another chip in the game to stay viable. On one hand, Zollars can generate yet another stock windfall by closing one or both altogether, but more likely they are secretly for sale. Unloading one or both would provide a tremendous amount of immediate capital and allow the BOD to blame the last three years of poor results on the regional group that they "wisely" have disposed of (again, another "always in the plans" move). NPME and Holland are both still very strong brand names and either or both could probably survive independently or as a part of another corporation.

So much changes month to month, it'll be interesting to see:popcorn:

As a former YRC'er, I still follow closely in the market, and wish nothing but the best for you guys.

Having said that, it seems that Zollars purposely avoids commenting on the regional group, particularly when questioned by analysts. The regional group showed the worst OR in the corporation last year (probably due to all of the "fees" paid to Overland Park for the honor).

I think the regional group presents YRC with another chip in the game to stay viable. On one hand, Zollars can generate yet another stock windfall by closing one or both altogether, but more likely they are secretly for sale. Unloading one or both would provide a tremendous amount of immediate capital and allow the BOD to blame the last three years of poor results on the regional group that they "wisely" have disposed of (again, another "always in the plans" move). NPME and Holland are both still very strong brand names and either or both could probably survive independently or as a part of another corporation.

So much changes month to month, it'll be interesting to see:popcorn:
Agreed, to say the least!

i think technically YRC is a holding company, that just so happens to own trucking companies. go check some of wild bills and other officers of the company profile, most of them are officers of other Corporations that have nothing to do with the transportation industry.

YRCW is the holding company...Yellow-Roadway-Corporation-Worldwide. YRC is the newly named company that comprises of the former Yellow and Roadway.
:smilie_132:

Does this make sense.....Group New Penn and Holland together as a super regional and spin it off? Just an idea....
I think that they could do something like that. But who knows? I like the idea. As long as we get out from under YRCW I'll be happy. They may want to be careful combining New Penn and Holland. They may just create a monster that they can't handle in the future, if they sold us off.:Duel: If ya know what I'm sayin'.

genious at work
damn stimpy good job any other news

Yes in other news…
genious at work
genious is spelled…genius… not that I claim to be one!!! My post was referring to the posters comment...

i think technically YRC is a holding company

that Yellow transportation and Roadway-(YRC) is the holding company, which they are not. YRCW is the holding company. There is a difference between the two of them.
:smilie_132:

thanks stimpy knew when i typed genious it didn't look right. but i'm one of the stupid truck drivers you know. thanks for showing me th light. genius oh hell yea looks much better!