Estes | Number 2 show us some appreciation

With all the great perks you talk about , it shouldn't be hard to rally the troops and show ABF how grateful you are and move freight better than the competition .

With all the great perks you talk about , it shouldn't be hard to rally the troops and show ABF how grateful you are and move freight better than the competition .
We do move freight better than the competition, we move the freight that makes money, and we do it without stressing over if we make enough to retire before our bodies break down from overwork long past when we should have retired

It doesnt really matter if you are union or non union. We are all pawns and the whole system will more than likely collapse and there will be no pensions no 401k no social security. The dollar will collapse and when the digital currency goes into effect you will be watched on what you spend it on. The wealthy elite played us like a fiddle. The rich get richer and the working class is being decimated so the poor class will get bigger. If anybody thinks one of these trucking companies cares about you its wishful thinking. You are your driver number.

I stand corrected. Estes sent out another video stating we are number 4 in the l.t.l industry. Also we got a boost in freight due to a large competitor leaving the industry.

Love the God, family , and country. I like Estes they have treated me good but i dont trust any trucking company whole heartedly. They all care about one thing and thats profits no matter what. I am and so is any other worker just a number. Ive seen people with 20 plus years get let go because they got cancer and once their short term disability ran out they were let go. No loyalty from a company who you gave a good portion of your life to being a loyal worker. I already know if my health goes down hill at a certain point Estes will can me. Its not just Estes either its all the trucking companies for the most part. I will give them the best i can when im at work, but in the end my loyalty to them is like their loyalty to me. I might be wrong for this outlook , but ive been burned and screwed by trucking companies in the past and i just cant put enough faith in them to grow that trust.
Steer, you just said it all. I have a friend who worked for R&L. He got into a motorcycle accident that nearly killed him. It didn't take long for R&L to "show him the door". There went his insurance (no matter how measly it was, it was at least something), there went his economic stability, there went everything. Had he been working for Yellow or ABF, he would have had a job to return to for five years. No, they wouldn't have paid his insurance, no he wouldn't get a paycheck once all his PTO ran out, but he would still have a job to return to. Five years after his accident, he was back working for R&L, but as a new hire.
That is the "union advantage". Here's another one:
We all have to periodically go for a "pee" test. If your test comes back "hot", I'm guessing you're out of a job at most if not all the non-unionized carriers. AT Yellow and ABF, it goes like this: First, if their test result is wrong (it happens, albeit very rarely), you can demand that a second lab re-run the testing. Also, you don't immediately get "axed". A Medical Review Officer will call you and if there's a legitimate explanation, you're good! What if there's NOT a legitimate explanation? Then you are taken out of service, but the company will pay for rehabilitation ONE time. Upon successful completion of rehab, you're back to work. Mind you, if you are "hot" a second time EVER, you're done! That's the Union advantage. There are lots more.

Steer, you just said it all. I have a friend who worked for R&L. He got into a motorcycle accident that nearly killed him. It didn't take long for R&L to "show him the door". There went his insurance (no matter how measly it was, it was at least something), there went his economic stability, there went everything. Had he been working for Yellow or ABF, he would have had a job to return to for five years. No, they wouldn't have paid his insurance, no he wouldn't get a paycheck once all his PTO ran out, but he would still have a job to return to. Five years after his accident, he was back working for R&L, but as a new hire.
That is the "union advantage". Here's another one:
We all have to periodically go for a "pee" test. If your test comes back "hot", I'm guessing you're out of a job at most if not all the non-unionized carriers. AT Yellow and ABF, it goes like this: First, if their test result is wrong (it happens, albeit very rarely), you can demand that a second lab re-run the testing. Also, you don't immediately get "axed". A Medical Review Officer will call you and if there's a legitimate explanation, you're good! What if there's NOT a legitimate explanation? Then you are taken out of service, but the company will pay for rehabilitation ONE time. Upon successful completion of rehab, you're back to work. Mind you, if you are "hot" a second time EVER, you're done! That's the Union advantage. There are lots more.
You fail any drug test at estes you are gone. A driver got a d.u.i in his personal car and they removed him from driving but let him stay on as a dock worker, but he ended up leaving. He was going through a divorce and down on his luck. Pretty good ol guy at least i thought. We all have some not so great times in life that's just reality. I didn't know i guess I'm naive that if you got something like that in your personal car and it was your first time that you would maybe get a talking to, but he got taking out of his truck for it and not allowed to drive.

You fail any drug test at estes you are gone. A driver got a d.u.i in his personal car and they removed him from driving but let him stay on as a dock worker, but he ended up leaving. He was going through a divorce and down on his luck. Pretty good ol guy at least i thought. We all have some not so great times in life that's just reality. I didn't know i guess I'm naive that if you got something like that in your personal car and it was your first time that you would maybe get a talking to, but he got taking out of his truck for it and not allowed to drive.
That may have not been a decision that Estes unilaterally made. If the guy was CONVICTED of DUI in his car, he mostly likely lost his license for a year at minimum. No license, no drive truck. That's how that goes. We've had that happen at YRC. The driver goes to the bottom of the extra board (it's called percenter), and he's pretty much dock-bound until he gets his license back. Getting to/from work is also his problem. But then I've known people who lost their license that either walked, got a lift or bicycled.
I see that you didn't mention the illness/injury part of my post. What does Webb and his gang do with that? I knew of a guy who was out on medical, committed a felony, went to prison, got paroled before his five years was up, and came back to work with his very senior place on the roster intact. You would have thought he would keep the persona of an altar boy after that, but he didn't. Another felony, back to the "joint", and we never saw him again.

But you know what warms my heart? You guys keep prodding me . It shows me that you miss me and love me. Thanks guys! Maybe someday I will learn to love like you do. 🤣😂🥰

No , just can’t stand teamsters union. Everything in life has issues. Teamsters makes all things worse. If you can’t see that , fine call me company man.
I was one of those Teamsters for nearly 50 years. My name isn't Guido, and I don't wear a double-breasted suit and a black fedora either. My Teamster pension is WAY more than your retirement fund; how is that worse? My health insurance while I was working was WAY better than your insurance, and I didn't have to pay anything for mine. How is that worse? Now to be fair, I have misgivings with the Teamsters too, but in my nearly fifty years I was and am head and shoulders ($$$) above the non-unionized folks. So you're right, everything in life has issues. Some issues are more cost-effective than others though. Just sayin'....

Oh my goodness ! One more time! That’s great enjoy your retirement! Still not changing my mind. I’m not changing yours. The difference between me and the teamsters is they need me , I don’t need them. The leaders on top don’t realize this simple fact. Teamsters do not line up with my world view. I believe there is a bible verse that says something like - it’s better to eat bread in peace than to have a feast in strife.
Even if I thought I could get more being a teamster, I wouldn’t want to pay the price for it.

That may have not been a decision that Estes unilaterally made. If the guy was CONVICTED of DUI in his car, he mostly likely lost his license for a year at minimum. No license, no drive truck. That's how that goes. We've had that happen at YRC. The driver goes to the bottom of the extra board (it's called percenter), and he's pretty much dock-bound until he gets his license back. Getting to/from work is also his problem. But then I've known people who lost their license that either walked, got a lift or bicycled.
I see that you didn't mention the illness/injury part of my post. What does Webb and his gang do with that? I knew of a guy who was out on medical, committed a felony, went to prison, got paroled before his five years was up, and came back to work with his very senior place on the roster intact. You would have thought he would keep the persona of an altar boy after that, but he didn't. Another felony, back to the "joint", and we never saw him again.
That's the guy that bumps you and you say where the heck did this guy come from

I was one of those Teamsters for nearly 50 years. My name isn't Guido, and I don't wear a double-breasted suit and a black fedora either. My Teamster pension is WAY more than your retirement fund; how is that worse? My health insurance while I was working was WAY better than your insurance, and I didn't have to pay anything for mine. How is that worse? Now to be fair, I have misgivings with the Teamsters too, but in my nearly fifty years I was and am head and shoulders ($$$) above the non-unionized folks. So you're right, everything in life has issues. Some issues are more cost-effective than others though. Just sayin'....
Unfortunately your comment about the pension puts you way out of touch with literally 99% of the trucking industry today. Most of us are happy working people are getting the pensions they were promised. With only a few companies left paying into the funds life is what it is for the younger generation now. There's 3 guys from the YRC family all working with me now collecting social security and working still cause it's what they gotta do. Truly happy you got yours. The union won't even allow new companies into the pension plan in my area anymore. Enjoy what you have cause literally 99% of drivers in the next generation will never see a pension.

He told me it was his first d.u.i. Don't know if he was telling truth or not. Im not a drinker, but i thought if you got 1 they didn't pull your license, but i guess it depends how intoxicated he was. Not sure what is done on a consistent basis, but i know of a couple workers who got cancer one who had been with little over 20 years the other a few years, and both were let go after the short term disability ran out. I believe they were told they could re apply if they get better. They would start at bottom all over again if they do make it back. I thought man on top of knowing you could possibly die with this illness you get let go by your company. I would have at least told them your job is waiting for you when you beat this and get better. Some kind of encouragement at least when somebody is the edge of death.