Yellow | O’Brien and Hawkins need a Hail Mary

Maybe inappropriate but not the ultimate cause of Yellows issues. Yellow has more of a chance with Sean at the helm the give it all away Hoffa. He started this train rolling . This is not O'BRIEN fault.
Trust me, any non union carrier sales rep was chopping at the bit to call the Yellow accounts they had in their contacts after the Boston Meathead made the strike and tombstone remarks. See, that play works well if you're on the bird app or in the hall to get everyone pumped up, but it was also gold for the sales reps at Saia, ABF, FredX Freight etc. It really is the Boston Meathead Special. Hey, he's 3 for 1 and still your hero if you work at UPS, ABF, T Force, and all the non union carriers sales force, right? It's like XMAS in July for them. 22,000 union freight jobs are just collateral damage. No biggie. *I get that Darren did do something stupid too, he responded, but he was screwed if he didn't respond - no win situation with all that. Still doesn't give him a pass in all this.

Last edited:
Trust me, any non union carrier sales rep was chopping at the bit to get the Yellow accounts they had in their contacts after the Boston Meathead made the strike and tombstone remarks. See, that play works well if you're on the bird app or in the hall to get everyone pumped up, but it was also gold for the sales reps at Saia, ABF, FredX Freight etc. It really is the Boston Meathead Special. Hey, he's 3 for 1 and still your hero if you work at UPS, ABF, T Force, right? 22,000 union freight jobs are just collateral damage. No biggie.
You're right all his fault had nothing to do with multiple poor decisions of management over the years, give backs etc.blame Sean totally reasonable.

Trust me, any non union carrier sales rep was chopping at the bit to call the Yellow accounts they had in their contacts after the Boston Meathead made the strike and tombstone remarks. See, that play works well if you're on the bird app or in the hall to get everyone pumped up, but it was also gold for the sales reps at Saia, ABF, FredX Freight etc. It really is the Boston Meathead Special. Hey, he's 3 for 1 and still your hero if you work at UPS, ABF, T Force, and all the non union carriers sales force, right? It's like XMAS in July for them. 22,000 union freight jobs are just collateral damage. No biggie. *I get that Darren did do something stupid too, he responded, but he was screwed if he didn't respond - no win situation with all that. Still doesn't give him a pass in all this.
Not T-force.. we fired all ours when we were purchased

You're right all his fault had nothing to do with multiple poor decisions of management over the years, give backs etc.blame Sean totally reasonable.
Of course there were poor decisions made by Yellow management, but his recent behavior harmed Yellow also. His tombstone remark was 100% inappropriate for a union leader, all the more so when directed at a company in dire financial straits. His total lack of concern about the livelihoods of the Yellow employees is very telling. His success with UPS will overshadow his actions regarding Yellow but the people at Yellow will remember him in a different way.

So Darren Hawkins goes on TV and tells the world the company is going out of business and will file for bankruptcy and all our customers stop giving us freight and you have an issue with a tombstone? Really??
The tombstone was uncalled for and classless and not helpful at all....I still think most of this falls on Yellow's CEO though....

I don’t see anywhere in your post blaming yellow for running a company into the ground 20 years straight…..remember it’s pickup move from point A then deliver to point B…hasn’t changed in 100years….

I don’t see anywhere in your post blaming yellow for running a company into the ground 20 years straight…..remember it’s pickup move from point A then deliver to point B…hasn’t changed in 100years….
Gee, if it were so easy then why have hundreds of trucking companies gone out of business since the 1970's/80's? :duh:

Unfortunately we are always looking to place blame. Not sure what bankruptcy options are out there. I used to be United Airlines employee 20 some years ago. They filed a few times and came out the other side...

I've tried to maintain a non-judgmental even keel in this thing, but after digesting.it for a couple of days I've got to say the tombstone trumpeting.the end of.a company I've given 27 years of my life to has to be the most slimy and underhanded political ad I've ever seen.

This ad was obviously put up with no regard whatsoever for the large block of his constituency who would most be affected by it.

Power for power's sake is an evil thing.
What were your thoughts of the ad Zollar put out with the trucks driving off a cliff?

deutch bank I don’t see anywhere in your post blaming yellow for running a company into the ground 20 years straight…..remember it’s pickup move from point A then deliver to point B…hasn’t changed in 100years….
Glad you brought that up. See if you're working PV=A/(1+present time)^year, then why tf are you trying to solve for past time or change the 1 to a 20? In other words, we're trying to solve for today, and specifically this very, very grim moment = present (time) I don't know what those variables are in that formula, only Deutch Bank, the Treasury Dept, IBT Joint Council Freight Division, and Do Something D and his team know. *But they are literally changing by the hour if not minute.

Last edited:
Trucking companies generate billions. This can be turned around.
I will not ever accept any excuses of why Yellow failed. a 100 year old company thrown in the trash like it is nothing? Ya, nope!
This is a serious scar on the nation that we as a nation let this happen.
"Nobody knew what to do"...?
Get to work....

Trucking companies generate billions. This can be turned around.
I will not ever accept any excuses of why Yellow failed. a 100 year old company thrown in the trash like it is nothing? Ya, nope!
This is a serious scar on the nation that we as a nation let this happen.
"Nobody knew what to do"...?
Get to work....
If this doesn't work out you should look into some kind of positive speaking carreer.