ODFL | ODFL Profit Jumps Nearly 20%

Also,our Management know's without the employee's OD would be nothing.Very simple.O'h yes my 401-k looking really good&that's my money&no promises on what I"m suppose to receive..Just saying
With all due respect I went through your posts and all of them about OD are negative. For someone who wasn't coming to "start" something I find that odd. Not to mention that you picked a thread about our profit to share your union opinion. There is a union and non union forum for that. I respect your opinion, however we make a good living here and I wouldn't be ashamed to compare my paycheck and benefits to any of the union carriers. The fact of the matter is that we don't need a union when we have the type of management structure that we have. I'm sure I'm going to catch hell from some for this, but there again I am posting in my companies forum and not someone else's bashing the company that they are proud to work for.

Why should a Truck Driver work more then 40 hours and not get overtime, doesnt happen with most occupations out there. And you would get overtime, that nonsense of if they paided overtime you would never see it,,, come on they gotta move frieght, think about it..

Why should a Truck Driver work more then 40 hours and not get overtime, doesnt happen with most occupations out there. And you would get overtime, that nonsense of if they paided overtime you would never see it,,, come on they gotta move frieght, think about it..

:Off-Topic: Your right, we work for free, so can we move on now?

Gotta love the growth, however I do wonder are we a bubble that is going to burst? I hope not it's just crossed my mind, meaning we can only grow so much before that's it... right?

Will never happen.They will just hire more driver's.

On days like today, glad bought 2nd house a mile from terminal. (Stay during week and on weekends when in town.) Went and picked up Individual 3 meat "Famous Dave's" BBQ meal. Still waiting for bigbird to give truck # so I could take my break in it tonight, Just a sharing person. Share/spread the aroma of BBQ beans and flu bug germs.

On days like today, glad bought 2nd house a mile from terminal. (Stay during week and on weekends when in town.) Went and picked up Individual 3 meat "Famous Dave's" BBQ meal. Still waiting for bigbird to give truck # so I could take my break in it tonight, Just a sharing person. Share/spread the aroma of BBQ beans and flu bug germs.

#2453555 help your self, glade to serve

Heck, not brave enuff to eat beans yet, just meat and cornbread. Trying to avoid people as much as possible and keep distance. I sprayed Lysol and used Lysol wipes when getting out of my truck this morning. And will continue for a few days. Don't want to pass this crud onto anyone.

O'my...Dispatch sent me back in at lunch today.Told me to come in to eat.Od provided a nice big juicy steak the way I love them "Rare".Would say about 10 -12 oz tender ribeye,baked potato,salad,bread,drink,&desert.Most of all upper management was there.They were all out talking&thanking employee's.This was not cater'd but prepared by all of our management&office staff.Thank's OD for the great lunch&the time after for a little nap!!!:woohoo1:

O'my...Dispatch sent me back in at lunch today.Told me to come in to eat.Od provided a nice big juicy steak the way I love them "Rare".Would say about 10 -12 oz tender ribeye,baked potato,salad,bread,drink,&desert.Most of all upper management was there.They were all out talking&thanking employee's.This was not cater'd but prepared by all of our management&office staff.Thank's OD for the great lunch&the time after for a little nap!!!:woohoo1:

They need to move that party out a bit west or wait it have another one in ATL until I get home next week!

That's true. I work for a non union company who pays OT after 8 and 40. I get plenty of OT. They even called me when I was on my way home today asking me if I wanted to work Saturday. All OT of course. Congratulations OD guys but steaks don't pay my bills. I'm glad you guys are happy though. I see a lot of rebuttals on OT coming back to being Union so I thought I'd post. You can get it without the Union. In fairness, you guys make the company, so you deserve it. I know they can afford it. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take being treated with respect and good equipment......you keep driving that beat down sterling and being treated like a dog. Of course they asked do you want to work on Saturday can't keep drivers their all coming over to OD. When you make all that over time Obama says thanks, got to pay for Obama care some how.....:clapping::usa2: Your a great American

I'll take being treated with respect and good equipment......you keep driving that beat down sterling and being treated like a dog. Of course they asked do you want to work on Saturday can't keep drivers their all coming over to OD. When you make all that over time Obama says thanks, got to pay for Obama care some how.....:clapping::usa2: Your a great American

As a former employee of OD CLT I check in on this board from time to time. I think you missed the part where I said I work for a non union outfit. I don't drive a Sterling. We have plenty of drivers and more than enough freight. We have put on 25 drivers in two months, so we don't have trouble attracting quality help. We can afford to be selective. A couple were from Old Dominion. One guy almost crapped his pants when he saw his check for 57 hours compared to what he was making on non overtime pay. However, this isn't about my company versus your company. What it is about is if OD is going to attempt to post gaudy numbers then they should share it where it counts. I never bashed you as drivers. I actually complemented you all. I would find it insulting if my employer continually bragged about how much money it is making and didn't pay me overtime. You guys bust your ass close to sixty hours a week for these guys and they think a steak is acceptable compensation for keeping you away from your family twelve hours a day. To each his own as they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a former employee of OD CLT I check in on this board from time to time. I think you missed the part where I said I work for a non union outfit. I don't drive a Sterling. We have plenty of drivers and more than enough freight. We have put on 25 drivers in two months, so we don't have trouble attracting quality help. We can afford to be selective. A couple were from Old Dominion. One guy almost crapped his pants when he saw his check for 57 hours compared to what he was making on non overtime pay. However, this isn't about my company versus your company. What it is about is if OD is going to attempt to post gaudy numbers then they should share it where it counts. I never bashed you as drivers. I actually complemented you all. I would find it insulting if my employer continually bragged about how much money it is making and didn't pay me overtime. You guys bust your ass close to sixty hours a week for these guys and they think a steak is acceptable compensation for keeping you away from your family twelve hours a day. To each his own as they say.

Who do you drive for ???????????