Yellow | Off Topic Comments & Snarky Remarks Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a strange weather thing going on here in New Mexico this evening. It's like water is falling from the sky. And load noises with flashes of light. Been awhile since I've seen this.

There is a strange weather thing going on here in New Mexico this evening. It's like water is falling from the sky. And load noises with flashes of light. Been awhile since I've seen this.

It's because of those darn rockets they keep shooting up into the sky. Weird stuff never happened till they started doing that.

It's 108. I'm at home. Today.
Last Friday it was 116 on the dock thermometer.. Air temp was 109.
Little toasty.
El Paso was 111 Friday, and mid Okla was 111 Saturday. Only 79 in Indy these past couple days. I’ll be back to see if you cooled Tx off any on Friday.

El Paso was 111 Friday, and mid Okla was 111 Saturday. Only 79 in Indy these past couple days. I’ll be back to see if you cooled Tx off any on Friday.
79 with 98% humidity is more than enough. I love juicy seat season:9529:. Hop in last night, P&D guy had A/C off. Wtf. Rolling back this AM, it was 62. I had the A/C on. Crisp gentlemen, I like it crisp.

It's a dry heat.
(it does make a difference )
I get that. I try to go for a 30 minute walk after I've driven 10 hrs. 95 dry degrees is more comfortable than 79 humid degrees. But when its 105, forget it. I'm not getting out.

What amazes me is the Rangers and Orioles played baseball in it. Even more- kids like my son are fighting in Afghanistan in those temps wearing full body armor....

I get that. I try to go for a 30 minute walk after I've driven 10 hrs. 95 dry degrees is more comfortable than 79 humid degrees. But when its 105, forget it. I'm not getting out.

What amazes me is the Rangers and Orioles played baseball in it. Even more- kids like my son are fighting in Afghanistan in those temps wearing full body armor....
I work on the dock.
Being over 60 and just being on a lift and not doing anything physical. Just moving stuff steady for three hours my body just let's the sails down. It gets to you (me) fast. I'm not 30 years old anymore.
I get a second wind about six hours in. But that's only because I can feel the end of the shift coming. Lol. But. I'd rather have the heat than the cold. Winters are mild here. Just have to put up with this short spurt of heat. Worth it to have the mild winters. Cold hurts. Heat. Not so much.

My hat is off to both professions and NASCAR drivers, as well!

Said it before; no way I’d do this job in PHX in the summer or CHG in the winter!

My aunt's grandson is on his way to lend a helping hand, he just left Camp Pendleton last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.