ABF | Old Movies

You got to watch old Popeye cartoons........and then I'll bet your granddaughter would have a lot of questions about those!

Forgive me if it's been mentioned already, but the orginal Magnificent Seven with Yul Brenner and Steve McQueen is a favorite of mine i watch repeatedly.
I haven't seen that movie in at least 10 years or more. And, my luck, it is not playing anytime soon. Now to ebay.

Last edited:
You got to watch old Popeye cartoons........and then I'll bet your granddaughter would have a lot of questions about those!
My grandson (10), granddaughter (3) and I were watching the original Tarzan series on TCM. They had Popeye on before the movies started. My grandkids were not impressed.

My grandson (10), granddaughter (3) and I were watching the original Tarzan series on TCM. They had Popeye on before the movies started. My grandkids were not impressed.

Maybe it's an age thing. At a certain point,...probably in my early teens,..........I began to notice Popeye, Brutus, Wimpy, and Olive Oyl,.....saying the most....remarkable,......things ,...usually sotto voce (muttering under their breath...).

I don't know who the writers were,....but I guess the animation was for the kids,....and the dialogue was for the adults who brought the kids....