TForce | "on the way deliveries to your pedal route area"

$outh$side $tre$$

TB Regular
Credits
Does any other barn, do what nsh is doing and has been doing for awhile now. They cut 3 routs so on the way to ur area we make at least 4-5 deliveries a day, and by the time we get to our area to deliver 14 more stops its noon already. And its sooo funny in the morning at their" morning safety n numbers speech" how bring backs r out of control and pick upsget missed daily. Lol this operation has become laughable to the pount of just throwing your hands in the air and saying "SCREW IT". you as a peddle driver can only do so much. But when things like this happen on a daily basis you just sit there and wonder... how r the people making these calls, still have have tunnelvision and not see "THE BIG PICTURE" if it dont work fix it. I think that qoute and many other smart ideas dont apply to the " so called brains" of this operation

Every single day, I pass through two routes to get to mine and I find myself delivering some of there freight several times a week and then hitting my route around noon with 10-12 deliveries and at least 8 pickups, 3 need to be picked up by 3...

One delivery at a time at a nice steady safe pace is all you can do as a driver.There's only so many hours in a day to get this done and eventually they will figure that out.

Does any other barn, do what nsh is doing and has been doing for awhile now. They cut 3 routs so on the way to ur area we make at least 4-5 deliveries a day, and by the time we get to our area to deliver 14 more stops its noon already. And its sooo funny in the morning at their" morning safety n numbers speech" how bring backs r out of control and pick upsget missed daily. Lol this operation has become laughable to the pount of just throwing your hands in the air and saying "SCREW IT". you as a peddle driver can only do so much. But when things like this happen on a daily basis you just sit there and wonder... how r the people making these calls, still have have tunnelvision and not see "THE BIG PICTURE" if it dont work fix it. I think that qoute and many other smart ideas dont apply to the " so called brains" of this operation
That is the way Preston Trucking used to do it. Preston is out of business now. The terminal was in the south end of town. Terminal manager said we did not need a South peddle run, eveybody could do it on the way out and back. There was never anyone in the area to do early pickups.

I really do feel sorry for you city drivers,as I can totally relate!

Before I retired in 2008 & was a city driver,I liked the way Conway freight did their routes.
Of course there has to be enough drivers,as they had one driver just delivering,& a second just doing pickups.
That seemed to me like the most efficient way to cover all of their routes.

We always left the terminal much to late,to do our peddles,then to pickup as well, we were always moving our deliveries back to the tail.
The pickups up to the nose,with just so many hours in our work day it was not only frustrating,but when do you have anytime to take a lunch?

That was 5 years ago,I figured by now UPS would have been able to come up with a better city operation.
However reading this thread topic,it looks like things are worse then before?

One delivery at a time at a nice steady safe pace is all you can do as a driver.There's only so many hours in a day to get this done and eventually they will figure that out.

As long as you are doing that, you are doing a good job and can be proud of your work. Work steady and take your required breaks. This is management problems not drivers. I'm sure there are some lazy slugs out there. Do a good days work for a good days pay. The ineptness is UPSF

In nsh we r located in lavernge tn. And for everyone who doesnt know the area, lavernge is the BIGGEST INDUSTRIAL AREA in middle tenneesse. Every LTL com has at 3 drivers a day in lavernge. We on the other hand have 1. You might say"well since upgf is in lavernge it wouldnt be hard to get it all done" well odfl, triple A cooper, sais, fedex and southeastern r also located out of lavernge. And they have 3 or more drivers a day there. Btw the town next to lavernge is Smyrna, our smyrna route was cut 2 months ago. Now how much sense does that make?? This is called" upgf's finest at work" management has their head so far up our assez that they dont see the big picture . It seems they would rather screw customers then take a chance of not being able to give out letters on a daily basis

I had hope things would of changed when UPS took over but they keep the old management on board. They need to get rid of them all and run this company like small pack. Lean and mean.....

I'm sorry to say with or without the old management, things keep getting worse. I guess getting rid of Overnite management is not the only answer...

As long as you are doing that, you are doing a good job and can be proud of your work. Work steady and take your required breaks. This is management problems not drivers. I'm sure there are some lazy slugs out there. Do a good days work for a good days pay. The ineptness is UPSF

" A PLAN THAT FAILS IS CAUSED BY FAILURE TO PLAN ". I sleep very well at night even if I have bringbacks or missed pick ups. I firmly believe that customer service is not even close to being a priority.

" A PLAN THAT FAILS IS CAUSED BY FAILURE TO PLAN ". I sleep very well at night even if I have bringbacks or missed pick ups. I firmly believe that customer service is not even close to being a priority.

I agree with you but I also firmly believe it is not just us that has failures. It's all about revenue. Don't kid yourself it happens everywhere. Every company out there pushes their drivers the same way to try to make up for their failures and bad planning...