XPO | One Computer System Disaster !!!

Con-F-Trucker

TB Veteran
Credits
These clueless Corporate clowns were supposed to get this Antique Computer System Fixed last year yet it is still ****ed up we can waste Millions on lean Programs and Cameras for the trucks but we can't fix this worn out tired Computer system >????????????????? and why is everything run out of Portland would it not make more Common sense for each individual terminal to have there own system that would link up to not one but possibly 2 or 3 main hubs ?? this way if one of the main hubs is down we still have something to run off of >???????????? :nono_h4h::nono_h4h: Surly it could be done !

And I think it's still down..gonna be fun at the FAC.. How does a nearly 6 billion$ company have so many I.T. problems?? I can sit in my truck and post to Truckingboards all day, but I can't cube my $%(*&&g bills... go figure.

I think we should take the Upgrades out of Dougie's Bonus !!!! and all the other Corporate Clowns whom Support him !!

And I think it's still down..gonna be fun at the FAC.. How does a nearly 6 billion$ company have so many I.T. problems?? I can sit in my truck and post to Truckingboards all day, but I can't cube my $%(*&&g bills... go figure.

These clueless Corporate clowns were supposed to get this Antique Computer System Fixed last year yet it is still ****ed up we can waste Millions on lean Programs and Cameras for the trucks but we can't fix this worn out tired Computer system >????????????????? and why is everything run out of Portland would it not make more Common sense for each individual terminal to have there own system that would link up to not one but possibly 2 or 3 main hubs ?? this way if one of the main hubs is down we still have something to run off of >???????????? :nono_h4h::nono_h4h: Surly it could be done !
Misplaced priorities - It's more important to watch the drivers with cameras ( to the tune of $30 million+ ) than to have a top notch reliable , stable computer system - THE BACKBONE OF ANY MODERN COMPANY.

Can we swallow our pride and send a LEAN TEAM to FedEx or UPS and find out what they are doing ? WTF?!?! And can we also have our phone service/IT help moved BACK to the US?

Your right it is I am tired of it every week this damn system goes down and today tops it when we need it the most its awwwwwwwwwwwwww **** again !!!!!!!!!!!! and the poor hand helds have so many programs on them and not enough memory to operate them that they get confused and screw up and the batteries don't last for **** !!! have you noticed your hand held doing screwy **** like you can't type or you can't use your keypad but then you reboot it and it works again or my favorite your text option envelope isn't there so you have to reboot to be able to send a text !

Your right it is I am tired of it every week this damn system goes down and today tops it when we need it the most its awwwwwwwwwwwwww **** again !!!!!!!!!!!! and the poor hand helds have so many programs on them and not enough memory to operate them that they get confused and screw up and the batteries don't last for **** !!! have you noticed your hand held doing screwy **** like you can't type or you can't use your keypad but then you reboot it and it works again or my favorite your text option envelope isn't there so you have to reboot to be able to send a text !

I found a shortcut to get your text button back, put it back on the charger, wait for the lightning bolt that shows it's charging, then take it back off the charger, there it is, back again.

30 Million dollars could do alot of good.They would rather spend it on cameras for the trucks and act the NSA and spy on everyone. Wheres the integrity?

Am I wrong or is beerfd a different person. Because it seemed that be anytime you said something wrong about Con-Way he would argue with you. Now he agrees wit you. All my friends tell me it is only getting worst with all the new people coming in as bosses. Say I should be glad I retired and got the big pension they said we would, but it does help out. They do pay for some of your insurance if you did not know that.

The reason I came to the boards today is I knew there would be a post on this computer system disaster.......I can't agree with all of you more....its getting real old. The FAC was a disaster.....I got out about 3 hours later than I normally do.....its not over......this will mess up the rest of the week. Im expecting tonight to be kinda crazy from last night.

Am I wrong or is beerfd a different person. Because it seemed that be anytime you said something wrong about Con-Way he would argue with you. Now he agrees wit you. All my friends tell me it is only getting worst with all the new people coming in as bosses. Say I should be glad I retired and got the big pension they said we would, but it does help out. They do pay for some of your insurance if you did not know that.
I'm just a normal person like everybody else. Yes, there is a program that helps with medical. The HRA for retired people or something. Hut I know they stopped the contributions in '09.. are they back. I hope. A lot of people including me, didn't know about that benefit until it got suspended. Conway is bad at communicating benefit information.

hey it could have been worse I could have with you guys. but I'm on vacation this week. just keep looking for that big picture their always talking about. lmao j.k. good luck with the rest of the week.

Definitely expect a 2 hour delay on Friday to clean up THEIR mess.

2 hrs..you are so generous..i can just iamgine how much "lost" freight there is in the system. Kind of my fault for not checking the seals( never do anyway) but got handed a packet with bills last niight, left the terminal and started wondering why my truck was flying by everyone. Low and behold, the lead trailer was freaking empty, even though I scaled it. the manifest said 600 lbs which I knew wasnt right anyway. But the scale gave me weights..took 30 mins of searching the yard to find the trailer with freight in it!

Customer service call center was telling customers they can't schedule any freight pick ups after the system went down about 14:00 central. Told them if it was a must , they would have to call another carrier...customer told me that a few minutes ago. That's a crock.what a bunch of idiots.

Customer service call center was telling customers they can't schedule any freight pick ups after the system went down about 14:00 central. Told them if it was a must , they would have to call another carrier...customer told me that a few minutes ago. That's a crock.what a bunch of idiots.

We used to be able to haul freight before computers and we did a damn good job at it too. Computers go down and we have to turn customers away. It is simply unexcusable to not have a backup plan for situations like this. Every company has troubles with their computer systems, but the fact that they go down and our company seems to forget how to pickup and deliver freight from Point A to Point B is beyond incompetence.