XPO | One out of three won

I hope Mr. Joe Nuno and his organizers have a contingency plan for what's about to take place at ulx. Repect doesn't pay my bills.

Very fair points but this company has integrity and would never do something like that. Work gets passed down here and the ones to get hurt are the new guys that they spent an arm and a leg to train

Very fair points but this company has integrity and would never do something like that. Work gets passed down here and the ones to get hurt are the new guys that they spent an arm and a leg to train

Mr. organizer explained to everyone that this vote is especially for the new guys coming in with very little to look forward to. How unfortunate that they won't be here to reap what we sow. Or will they?

I hope Mr. Joe Nuno and his organizers have a contingency plan for what's about to take place at ulx. Repect doesn't pay my bills.
Your bills would all been easier to figure out with stability IF you all stuck together and voted yes. Fear rules you at a company who isnt even near bankruptcy. The wokingmans safety and stability is in numbers. Not living in fear of the company and what they may do. We American workers live in fear of corporationz who rule our lives and country and could do so if theu changed address to overseas. Its wrong.

Your bills would all been easier to figure out with stability IF you all stuck together and voted yes. Fear rules you at a company who isnt even near bankruptcy. The wokingmans safety and stability is in numbers. Not living in fear of the company and what they may do. We American workers live in fear of corporationz who rule our lives and country and could do so if theu changed address to overseas. Its wrong.

I especially agree with the IF part. I did not feel a sense of solidarity nor unity from a personal point of view. Hence my no vote.

But asking people to join into an uncertain pension plan with only a promise to pay? Doesn't add up, Companies and municipalities all across the country are moving away from pensions for the simple fact they are unsustainable. Those that are in them desreve to extract what they were promised. For those that are not it is the individuals responsibility to set ourselves up for retirement via 401K's or other such plans. Even social Security is not a given anymore. Bottom line promoting a union with promises of great pensions is a far cry from reality. This is simply something moving forward in todays business climate that's not going to happen.

I especially agree with the IF part. I did not feel a sense of solidarity nor unity from a personal point of view. Hence my no vote.

LMAO!
And the guy next to you voted no because he didn't feel unity or solidarity with you either.
The corporation LOVES that!
I am not admonishing you, I am glad you're here telling us. Really.

But asking people to join into an uncertain pension plan with only a promise to pay? Doesn't add up, Companies and municipalities all across the country are moving away from pensions for the simple fact they are unsustainable. Those that are in them desreve to extract what they were promised. For those that are not it is the individuals responsibility to set ourselves up for retirement via 401K's or other such plans. Even social Security is not a given anymore. Bottom line promoting a union with promises of great pensions is a far cry from reality. This is simply something moving forward in todays business climate that's not going to happen.
From what I read it's not all about money & pension it's about getting respect & stop taking away from them....check into the 8 city pension plan in pa. It was like a 401k . They paid per individual not one general fund. I wish they would go back to it. We just had a guy retire with a lump sum of $360,000 plus his other plan he was in, no sure how much a month that was thinking Around $2,000

one of three terminals voted for. Great. Now people are piling on the two that chose not to go union. You have to respect both votes.... For and against.

I don't see where anyone is piling on any body!!! No more than the nay Sayers!!! Maybe deep down inside the No people aren't really sure about their Decision!!!

Check this link out: Central States Big Wig Calls for 30% Benefit Cut | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Excerpt taken from the Central States own web page:

June 13, 2014: Al Nelson, the Benefits Services Director of the Central States Pension Fund, told Minneapolis Teamsters that he favors a 30 percent across-the-board benefit cut for every current retiree and every active Teamster in the fund.

Again , are any of the terminals that voted or will vote covered by the Central States Pension Fund?

None of the terminals are represented by Central States. Simply because they are non union at the moment. Central States is the largest holder of pension plans for various unions. If and when an agreement is reached, where the pension rests will be determind through contract negotiations. The info was provided to show the instability of pensions as a whole in today's business climate. Count on nobody but yourself to provide for your retirement. No union or company will ever have your best intrest as well as you can.

Ulx needed the other terminals to vote yes very badly. They (line drivers) will now be disrespected by work being taken away in the form of vias passing through here picking and dropping. Just look at a map. Service area can easily be shrunken. We are surrounded by service centers in all directions.
I'm trying to understand this. This is a legitimate question coming from an area with no real union activity; how can one barn succeed when they are an island? How can they expect to get support from other terminals? If all three barns voted to certify, that would be different, larger coverage, more solidarity.

Second question; I have seen it posted where the company cannot route freight around terminals. What's stopping them from saying its for the betterment of their business? Can they not change the linehaul routing? How do you prove that's illegal?

None of the terminals are represented by Central States. Simply because they are non union at the moment. Central States is the largest holder of pension plans for various unions. If and when an agreement is reached, where the pension rests will be determind through contract negotiations. The info was provided to show the instability of pensions as a whole in today's business climate. Count on nobody but yourself to provide for your retirement. No union or company will ever have your best intrest as well as you can.

!!
Maybe you should read up on the Western conference, central states has nothing to do with California ......