XPO | Optional dock linehaul - pilot

Other LTL carriers give linehaul drivers that run 450 miles or more and 500 miles or more the option to not work the dock . They also get paid while waiting for loads . If you think that was why YRC couldn’t make it you are obviously an idiot .
I have no issue with dsr’s choosing to work the dock or not. But if your paid, why would you work?

I’m mostly interested in hearing anecdotal evidence of people’s experience with the pilot, first, second, or third hand. That, or conjecture about how this might shake out for drivers and affect how linehaul operations are run going forward. Not debate about pay structure, other companies, etc.
Not sure about other barns, but my fac can’t keep dockworkers. Is anyone aware how the dockworker situation is at the pilot barns?

I’m mostly interested in hearing anecdotal evidence of people’s experience with the pilot, first, second, or third hand. That, or conjecture about how this might shake out for drivers and affect how linehaul operations are run going forward. Not debate about pay structure, other companies, etc.
Are you a driver . Let’s not talk about pay …. Lol.

I don’t think it’s going to work. We can’t keep dockworkers and don’t have enough drivers that have short runs to do all the work. And I can see the issue with drivers that choose to work the dock and the ones that don’t. The only up side is drivers will not drag their feet if they choose to not work the dock

Are you a driver . Let’s not talk about pay …. Lol.
Good point. What I meant is it doesn't do anyone any good to debate or complain about things we can't change, i.e. whether they will pay drivers to wait. (They already do under certain circumstances as we all know, like after 1st hour on M&T, for example.) My philosophy is, put everything on the paysheet and see if they send it back. It usually flies no problem.