XPO | Optional dock linehaul - pilot

SCM this morning said it’s already a go as of next bid. Said pilot may be continuing but apparently they have enough information already to give it a shot for the longer runs. He had to go answer a call but I’m curious to find out more ASAP
A lot of guys will go for this. Me personally I’m thinking real hard about it. It would be nice to save 15 hours a week. Much rather have the time than the money.

Lots of grey area. Lol. Now apparently you can choose to work the dock on a day by day basis, if a lift is available.

The question is can they force you to work the dock if you opt out and they need you ? Ahhhhh
Not right away, but if it becomes enough of a problem they can vaporize your bid(s) until you (or everyone) drops back down into a suitable slot, and/or scrap the whole program at any time.

But I doubt that. Regardless of how big the headache and no matter how many kinks, they’re going to save a fortune on payroll.

Really? They did it at my place too, opposite of what Fly-By-Night said. If not enough L/H bids to cover the runs, the bottom of the board city guy gets forced to cover those L/H bids. And this happened a few months after the end of JSP.
I can’t tell you what your hr said, but ours said they can’t force you to come off your bid. Even lh, they can’t force you onto another lh bid. It could be a Canadian labour law thing, as ours are quite a bit different than yours.

I can’t tell you what your hr said, but ours said they can’t force you to come off your bid. Even lh, they can’t force you onto another lh bid. It could be a Canadian labour law thing, as ours are quite a bit different than yours.
It used to be management makes changes to bids based on business needs. As long as they follow seniority, they can move you between city and linehaul. we don’t do that anymore at my place. They don’t make you split a weeks half days, half nights like they did when I started.