XPO | Optional dock linehaul - pilot

It used to be management makes changes to bids based on business needs. As long as they follow seniority, they can move you between city and linehaul. we don’t do that anymore at my place. They don’t make you split a weeks half days, half nights like they did when I started.
The main reason they stop is because driver were telling them to pound sand. I heard of one city driver that was told next week he was running LH. The driver told them I'll see you in 2 weeks

Really? They did it at my place too, opposite of what Fly-By-Night said. If not enough L/H bids to cover the runs, the bottom of the board city guy gets forced to cover those L/H bids. And this happened a few months after the end of JSP.
Yea I heard of those war stories how CCX driver stormed the beaches of Normandy. Guys would tell me about how they would work days all week, then Friday morning get the call that they were running LH Friday night. Or LH Monday, no work on Tuesday, days on Wed and Thur and LH Friday night. Oh and don't forget they were the bottom guy so add the extra Sat night or Sunday day run on top of it. Getting home and being called and told to be in after you 8hrs off. No A/C and No Radios in the trucks...And you were to smile and say can I have another.

Yea I heard of those war stories how CCX driver stormed the beaches of Normandy. Guys would tell me about how they would work days all week, then Friday morning get the call that they were running LH Friday night. Or LH Monday, no work on Tuesday, days on Wed and Thur and LH Friday night. Oh and don't forget they were the bottom guy so add the extra Sat night or Sunday day run on top of it. Getting home and being called and told to be in after you 8hrs off. No A/C and No Radios in the trucks...And you were to smile and say can I have another.
In 94 twice in one week, I was told to be back in 8 hours. I was on the flex board 3 times. Did everything you mentioned. That is why I would laugh when a snowflake would complain that he couldn't get spring break or Christmas week off. I guess if I had been college material I would not have gone thru all that. I was lucky I was too young to be drafted and sent to Nam. Even tho I enlisted when I was 17. Sometimes you just push thru it.

They can do what they want . Their rules and they can change them at anytime. That’s a fact. What are you going to do if they don’t follow them . Lol

When are you guys gonna come down to earth.

When I first started in 2001 I would come in Monday morning at 5 am go home at 11 am be back for linehaul at 8 pm horrible

The way you portray what I said wasn't so. At my barn, we have a two boards so what I meant to say was that if a guy got bumped from one board to another, it wasn't just for a night or day, it was for a period of months until things changed to where he could have his original bid back.

The way you portray what I said wasn't so. At my barn, we have a two boards so what I meant to say was that if a guy got bumped from one board to another, it wasn't just for a night or day, it was for a period of months until things changed to where he could have his original bid back.
If you see I said it happened in the CCX days. Even during the XPO time I and others have done it for a week or 2 at a time.

I was on the split shift for a while too. Come in at 0500 work four hours and go home. Come back at 1500 or 1600 and work another four hours.

I was on the split shift for a while too. Come in at 0500 work four hours and go home. Come back at 1500 or 1600 and work another four hours.
What terminal did you work at? I too ran out of fuel once and did'nt let it happen again. As well as being on the split shift.

Was told no. Can’t make you work the dock. That said, if there’s no one to load your freight, you could be waiting a while.
Has anyone in management discussed a hard cut time? By a certain time you have to leave. The WHOLE business model is based on drivers returning home on a daily basis.

Who makes the call to leave with whatever you have? The driver? His home terminal manager? Sector supervisor? FAC manager?

Has anyone in management discussed a hard cut time? By a certain time you have to leave. The WHOLE business model is based on drivers returning home on a daily basis.

Who makes the call to leave with whatever you have? The driver? His home terminal manager? Sector supervisor? FAC manager?
All questions I asked. Would like to know answers before the bids start.

They can do what they want . Their rules and they can change them at anytime. That’s a fact. What are you going to do if they don’t follow them . Lol

When are you guys gonna come down to earth.
Never trust a trucking company completely because you are bound to be let down at some point. When it comes down to it we are a number.

I would have to quit over that split shift crap. Thats putting you in danger of driving to tired from lack of proper rest. Thats the type stuff why we needed Unions to protect workers from dumb companies abuse of people.