XPO | OSHA VIOLATIONS

We had a guy at one of the reships recently Lose a finger. The chain got stuck while the boom was at the top of its highest level.He told a brand new dockworker to I lower the boom while he was up top trying to free the chain.( dockworkers said repeatedly let’s just bring the fork truck over to the garage and put it out of service. DSR didn’t want to lose the motor) Chain let go cut his finger off. After reviewing the video of the idiot climbing up the fork truck. They blamed it on an FOS who happened to walk by and didn’t say anything. We’re talking about a grown man. You want to do stupid stuff you pay the price end of story

I'm not making a threat....c'mon you know better than to put that out there. I'm saying this, having access to any RCI happening anywhere in the company, I have to believe that most of the time, when someone gets hurt on the dock, it's a preventable injury. I can't speak for all service centers, as for mine, we clean up at the end of each shift. Things are generally where they're supposed to be, fire extinguishers are charged. We take care of our work space to keep it safe. We all know that working on a dock is a dangerous job and the company has safety procedures in place to guide employees as to what is safe and what is not. The company also mandates a stringent safety policy when it comes to lost time, preventable injuries. My training emphasizes company safety policy from start to finish, but ultimately it's on the employees to remember and implement it every work day. The gist of what I'm getting at is that we our CSA scores have exceeded acceptable values in some thresholds of the BASIC's, particularly in HAZMAT and the last thing we need or I need is an OSHA inspector poking around and auditing training files.
This seems to be written by a true administrative office professional. Sucking up will not get you that promotion.

We had a guy at one of the reships recently Lose a finger. The chain got stuck while the boom was at the top of its highest level.He told a brand new dockworker to I lower the boom while he was up top trying to free the chain.( dockworkers said repeatedly let’s just bring the fork truck over to the garage and put it out of service. DSR didn’t want to lose the motor) Chain let go cut his finger off. After reviewing the video of the idiot climbing up the fork truck. They blamed it on an FOS who happened to walk by and didn’t say anything. We’re talking about a grown man. You want to do stupid stuff you pay the price end of story
And again, XPO safety policy is clear on that. Don't put your hands or fingers in the forklift mast. Common sense isn't so common these days. I feel the guy who lost his finger, he might have to go through grief therapy to get over it.

My observation is most safety training conducted by a company is a meeting before the shift, then all present sign saying they were there & have taken the training course. There are exceptions, but not to many. von.

To certify a forklift driver to meet OSHA reg's, all you have to do is have the driver go forward, back, up & down with the mast, & the exam is over & the driver certified. The reg's don't say how to qualify the driver, just make sure they can safely operate the lift. And, you have to be machine type specific. They have to be certified on a 4 wheel, 3 wheel, electric or gas operated lift. A customer of ours wanted to save labor costs. So we were given the bull ::shit:: test & handed a card stating we were certified. And that met the reg's. Then we loaded the trailer with their lift. Some companies won't let you on the dock to load. Or you have to use a pallet jack to load. One of our drivers was out with a back injury for 6 weeks from an injury loading with a hand jack. A month later ABF made arrangements for our drivers not to set foot on the dock. Maybe the work man comp bill changed their mind. von.

Last edited:
Nope. And if there are any, then it's unwise to be making any potential violations public and I encourage anyone who is thinking about adding to this thread to keep that in mind. We don't need OSHA meddling in our business.
Yep as I thought, Management. Why? Because only management wold be concerned about hiding……wait ……wait…..I mean not posting an obvious OSHSA violation handed down. As I recall everyone is discreet and not identified here on Truckingboards.

Yep as I thought, Management. Why? Because only management wold be concerned about hiding……wait ……wait…..I mean not posting an obvious OSHSA violation handed down. As I recall everyone is discreet and not identified here on Truckingboards.
I assure, I wear a red strip on my shirt and not a gray one. Maybe I should consider mngmt. Perhaps I could even be an SCM at your domicile someday. We'd have some fun then.

I do not think he is management. I just think he has concerns that the situation should be handled through the chain of command before an outside agency is called in . I think we can agree that when all else fails call them . I also believe that some terminals are at a crisis point and intervention is needed ASAP to avoid injury.

Last edited:
He. Doesn’t. Care. Period. He’s surrounded himself with cock lickers and yes men. The forest is on fire, and he’s standing there enjoying the sunshine.
I really don’t think these guys show up at the barn fires / crisis locations. If they show up they are then at that point responsible for having knowledge of what’s going on.if they can’t fix their necks on the line . Insulated!

Last edited:
Maybe he'll be in XCV next, two long time FOS's just quit over there.

We have talked about driver exodus in the past. And the mice jumping off the ship as it sinks.

Now you see it in management. Things seem to have accelerated. This feels different than the last few years.

So glad to be free of it. Good luck, guys. You do have options. It’ll still be tough. But there ain’t never been a better time to look for a job.