FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Report states that Home Depot expressed interest in acquiring XPO Logistics

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/articl...expressed_interest_in_acquiring_xpo_logistics

"Not to be overlooked in this speculation is XPO’s leading position in the last-mile space, which has been spurred on by the ongoing advent of e-commerce activity, with consumers getting more comfortable ordering heavy goods and appliances online.

Industry stakeholders said on Truckingboards.com that if Home Depot had XPO in the fold it could help to level the playing field with Amazon, whereas if Amazon acquired XPO, Home Depot would lose significant scale and consumer value.

In a May 2017 interview with LM, Charlie Hitt, president of XPO’s last mile business unit said that the impact of a rapidly growing e-commerce market on the last mile sector, especially for heavy goods, is something that cannot be overstated."

Interesting reference to Truckingboards.com... Jeff may be becoming a source for breaking "logistics news"...:popcorn:
All they had to do was ask us first...we’re truck drivers, we know EVERYTHING!!

Cedar Rapids, IA.(AP) Rumors are flying around town that local trucking, and logistics giant, Coop Dispatch is having discussions with the firm, 2 Men and a Truck, on a possible buyout to compliment Coops last mile deliveries. Coop spokesperson, Donna Welch said they may make the move to counter Home Depot's possible acquisition of XPO. She went on to say they have their number 1,and 2 drivers already lined up for a test delivery, of 9 big screen TVs,a slate top pool table, and a complete home gym with 5 treadmills. Coop stock rose on the rumored talks to a high of .78 cents on heavy trading.

Cedar Rapids, IA.(AP) Rumors are flying around town that local trucking, and logistics giant, Coop Dispatch is having discussions with the firm, 2 Men and a Truck, on a possible buyout to compliment Coops last mile deliveries. Coop spokesperson, Donna Welch said they may make the move to counter Home Depot's possible acquisition of XPO. She went on to say they have their number 1,and 2 drivers already lined up for a test delivery, of 9 big screen TVs,a slate top pool table, and a complete home gym with 5 treadmills. Coop stock rose on the rumored talks to a high of .78 cents on heavy trading.

Just curious, if 15 shares is heavy, what would be called light?

Report states that Home Depot expressed interest in acquiring XPO Logistics

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/articl...expressed_interest_in_acquiring_xpo_logistics

"Not to be overlooked in this speculation is XPO’s leading position in the last-mile space, which has been spurred on by the ongoing advent of e-commerce activity, with consumers getting more comfortable ordering heavy goods and appliances online.

Industry stakeholders said on Truckingboards.com that if Home Depot had XPO in the fold it could help to level the playing field with Amazon, whereas if Amazon acquired XPO, Home Depot would lose significant scale and consumer value.

In a May 2017 interview with LM, Charlie Hitt, president of XPO’s last mile business unit said that the impact of a rapidly growing e-commerce market on the last mile sector, especially for heavy goods, is something that cannot be overstated."

Interesting reference to Truckingboards.com... Jeff may be becoming a source for breaking "logistics news"...:popcorn:
We're being cited as a source of information? Wow. All I saw on this subject elsewhere on the board was speculation, which amounted to what was cited.

We're being cited as a source of information? Wow. All I saw on this subject elsewhere on the board was speculation, which amounted to what was cited.
Yeah, I wish they'd have named the "industry stakeholders" who said it on Truckingboards.com.

I'm not sure I can agree with the narrow metrics being used to speculate and over simplify the effect of an XPO acquisition. Amazon could certainly be a justifiable player. But for Home Depot? That seems like quite a leap, IMHO.

I do kind of like the term "industry stakeholders" though. :1036316054::1036316054:

I think what may have started this who story was a guy who worked for XPO,was at a Home Depot
Yeah, I wish they'd have named the "industry stakeholders" who said it on Truckingboards.com.

I'm not sure I can agree with the narrow metrics being used to speculate and over simplify the effect of an XPO acquisition. Amazon could certainly be a justifiable player. But for Home Depot? That seems like quite a leap, IMHO.

I do kind of like the term "industry stakeholders" though. :1036316054::1036316054:
my understanding from info from BRG Patel,is that this whole thing started when a guy who works for XPO,was at a Home Depot store in Cedar Rapids,loading up a refrigerator into a pickup truck,and commented to the HD employee helping him load it up," I wish you guys had a liftgate to deliver this to my house". The HD guy then said to the guy,I will have to call Arthur,and tell him that....

Most of the conversation was had over on the XPO board, though there was some discussion on the YRC/Holland boards as well.

As for the "industry stakeholders" that would broadly refer to us truckers as a collective. It's not like they're gonna publish an article that stipulated the discussion was between upnorth and 5tolls, as an example.

Of course, it would have been hilarious if they did. Especially if they cited anything wongway said. :hilarious:

Most of the conversation was had over on the XPO board, though there was some discussion on the YRC/Holland boards as well.

As for the "industry stakeholders" that would broadly refer to us truckers as a collective. It's not like they're gonna publish an article that stipulated the discussion was between upnorth and 5tolls, as an example.

Of course, it would have been hilarious if they did. Especially if they cited anything wongway said. :hilarious:
Whole thing could have a typo,, "Steakholders"

January 4, 2018 2:00 PM, EST
Truck Drivers, Delivery Workers Incurred Highest Number of Fatalities in 2016 (the latest figures available)

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/truc...rkers-incurred-highest-number-fatalities-2016

The leading cause of fatal injuries among tractor-trailer operators was transportation incidents, which refer to collisions with other vehicles, pedestrians and objects.

“Work injuries involving transportation incidents remained the most common fatal event in 2016, accounting for 40%,” the bureau states in its report summary.

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's Large Truck Crash Causation Study, the most comprehensive and most recent drill-down into federal crash data, concluded that 88% of all crashes were caused by human error. Of those, 56% were attributed to passenger car drivers while fewer, 44%, were attributed to commercial vehicle operators."

Sen. Schumer, Teamsters Push for Bill to Cover Pensions

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/sen-schumer-teamsters-push-bill-cover-pensions

"Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Peter King joined Long Island Teamsters Jan. 2 in calling for union pension shortfalls to be funded through Treasury bonds tied to the federal budget.

Schumer (D-N.Y.) and King (R-Seaford) are pushing Congress to pass the Butch Lewis Act, which would create a new office within the Treasury Department to allow pension plans to borrow for any shortfall using Treasury bonds issued by the government to sell to financial institutions."

Status
Not open for further replies.