FedEx Freight | Other News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cedar Rapids,IA.(AP) BRG Patel Consulting have reported the possible opening of a new subsidiary called, Big-Hat-Wong Logistics. Negotiations are going on today in Big Dave's chicken coop office. The new service will feature a 53' trailer with kingpins,and doors on both ends of the trailer. This way, 2 gold hotels could pull,and the other push, to insure overnight deliveries within 1500 miles. BRG Patel stock has skyrocketed today by almost 15% when the news broke this morning. Team BRG Wong have not been reached for comments as of noon today!!!
I always thought those trailers were for the guys that couldn't back up, if you have to go backwards call the other driver and tell him it's his turn.

Cedar Rapids,IA.(AP) BRG Patel Consulting have reported the possible opening of a new subsidiary called, Big-Hat-Wong Logistics. Negotiations are going on today in Big Dave's chicken coop office. The new service will feature a 53' trailer with kingpins,and doors on both ends of the trailer. This way, 2 gold hotels could pull,and the other push, to insure overnight deliveries within 1500 miles. BRG Patel stock has skyrocketed today by almost 15% when the news broke this morning. Team BRG Wong have not been reached for comments as of noon today!!!
Cedar Rapids (AP): BD-Singh Consulting reports an unfortunate circumstance that happened to the new and now defunct BHW Logistics LLC. While testing the new dual door and kingpin trailer for their 1500 mile overnight service, team drivers BRG and Wong, hooked to both ends of the trailer and proceeded to pull forward pulling the new trailer apart in a tug-of-war fashion killing any notion of said service.
Big Dave and Donna locked themselves in a chicken coop refusing to answer any questions.

Cedar Rapids (AP): BD-Singh Consulting reports an unfortunate circumstance that happened to the new and now defunct BHW Logistics LLC. While testing the new dual door and kingpin trailer for their 1500 mile overnight service, team drivers BRG and Wong, hooked to both ends of the trailer and proceeded to pull forward pulling the new trailer apart in a tug-of-war fashion killing any notion of said service.
Big Dave and Donna locked themselves in a chicken coop refusing to answer any questions.

I knew it, I knew it, I could just see this was going to happen over a lousy 3%!
Don't think popcorn was an issue, noticed they closed the blinds on the hen house.

guess we should have just used Wong's lease purchase, blue moon, instead of double golds..
E7RnHYy.jpg

guess we should have just used Wong's lease purchase, blue moon, instead of double golds..
E7RnHYy.jpg
I wonder which is more wore out. The old Yellow tractor, the Roadway gloves(?) on the dash, or the 30 plus year trucking veteran driving the old Yellow tractor??

I wonder which is more wore out. The old Yellow tractor, the Roadway gloves(?) on the dash, or the 30 plus year trucking veteran driving the old Yellow tractor??
That would be a Roadway bill of lading pouch, and a worn out driver....The 2000 Volvo is worn out too..,

Preventable or not? Hard braking for deer spells trouble

http://www.ccjdigital.com/preventable-or-not-hard-braking-for-deer-spells-trouble/?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=08-09-2017&utm_campaign=Commercial Carrier Journal&ust_id=124f9551466b2c5785e539d1cda3c973&utm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-3

"A trucker in front of John Doe panic-stopped to avoid a deer, so Doe also hit the brakes hard, causing a tied-down drum to break free and damage his trailer’s interior. Was this a preventable accident?"
If a drum is loaded correctly, blocked and braced, this accident would not have happened. Whoever loaded it is at fault.

Wouldn't the driver be at fault for not making final check of his load?
I realize this post is from a different aspect. And I disagree with the findings. Put it in the nose up against the wall if you don't have an e-track to use straps, or, refuse to load it for you don't have the proper safety equipment. Driver fault. But here is a flip side to securing a load.

Yes, @ fault for poor securement of the freight.. But if he picks up @ a meet & greet & is not allowed to break the seal & inspect his load, who is @ fault? The DOT Regulations state it is the drivers job to secure his load before he start driving. If a 55 gallon barrel of Haz Mat is loaded 4 feet back from the nose, falls over because of improper securing of the barrel, is he still @ fault? For it is not practical for a driver on a meet & greet to crawl up in to a trailer checking for secured freight. So, who is @ fault? If the trailer is loaded to the roof, how does he inspect it? Who is going to be his safety buddy partner? Would you crawl up in to a pup or 53 looking to inspect for improper loading of freight, without someone to call for help if you are injured? I know I wouldn't, even if I could. So you take a chance & if you are unlucky, you take the fall for someone who failed to do their job right in the first place. Just another employee @ risk because of regulations that are out of date or fail to protect the employee. Remember, Safety is expensive, & therefore most companies care little about, because of the bottom line. von.

Last edited:
We had some dock guys who have been around for a long time who would take a single 55 gal barrel well wrapped on a skid, put it on the floor with a piece of cardboard underneath it & strap it to the side of the trailer. If no e-track they would they would use the D-Ring hook on the side. These old school dock men know how to block & brace. Most barrels were set beside the door then loaded on the tail end, not in the middle or near the nose. 18 years in my barn & we never had a outbound load of any type of barrel come back on us for improper loading. We had very little freight damage on our outbound loads. I know most of those guys cared & took pride in their work & didn't want anything coming back on them. When we got the PDA's on the dock we would take pictures of the load to CYA. We had the lowest freight claim rate out of 32 barns in our Region. von.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the driver be at fault for not making final check of his load?
Road drivers never see the freight. Sealed and locked. Our trailers are usually stacked to the roof. Might have to go to court but it's the dock workers responsibility to secure loads at ABF.

Last edited:
I realize this post is from a different aspect. And I disagree with the findings. Put it in the nose up against the wall if you don't have an e-track to use straps, or, refuse to load it for you don't have the proper safety equipment. Driver fault. But here is a flip side to securing a load.

Yes, @ fault for poor securement of the freight.. But if he picks up @ a meet & greet & is not allowed to break the seal & inspect his load, who is @ fault? The DOT Regulations state it is the drivers job to secure his load before he start driving. If a 55 gallon barrel of Haz Mat is loaded 4 feet back from the nose, falls over because of improper securing of the barrel, is he still @ fault? For it is not practical for a driver on a meet & greet to crawl up in to a trailer checking for secured freight. So, who is @ fault? If the trailer is loaded to the roof, how does he inspect it? Who is going to be his safety buddy partner? Would you crawl up in to a pup or 53 looking to inspect for improper loading of freight, without someone to call for help if you are injured? I know I wouldn't, even if I could. So you take a chance & if you are unlucky, you take the fall for someone who failed to do their job right in the first place. Just another employee @ risk because of regulations that are out of date or fail to protect the employee. Remember, Safety is expensive, & therefore most companies care little about, because of the bottom line. von.
You have to load hazmat on the rear of the trailer

Court orders Navistar to pay fleet nearly $31M in lawsuit against MaxxForce engines

http://www.ccjdigital.com/court-ord...tm_term=newsletter-2-daily-position-top-story

"Milan purchased 243 International ProStar tractors equipped with MaxxForce engines in 2011 and 2012. The jury awarded the carrier $10.8 million in actual damages and $20 million in punitive damages for the problems the carrier experienced with the engines."

"The company was the only engine maker to attempt to meet 2010 EPA emissions standards using only exhaust gas recirculation. All other North American engine makers chose to use the diesel exhaust fluid-based selective catalytic reduction system to meet the stricter emissions standards.

Navistar in late 2012 abandoned the strategy and opted for the SCR system."

FedEx Competing in Tight Labor Market to Staff Round-the-Clock Memphis World Hub

http://www.ttnews.com/articles/fede...or-market-staff-round-clock-memphis-world-hub

“Tight labor markets force employers everywhere to either invest in labor saving capital or compete for workers in other ways. Higher wages and better benefits are the basic tools employers use but increasing job recruitment efforts like job fairs is also a way to compete,” Gnuschke said.

“FedEx starting pay levels, benefits and working conditions may not be keeping pace with the alternatives available for workers with the skills required by FedEx,” Gnuschke added. “Background checks and drug tests also shrink the pool of workers especially in a tight labor market.”

However, Gnuschke said, “FedEx has a high quality and continuous human resource recruitment plan to address worker shortages at all levels and clearly has the economic power to compete.”

FedEx advertised the jobs as starting at $12.62 an hour and guaranteed 17.5 hours a week. Medical coverage starts at $5 a month and other available benefits include vision, dental and tuition assistance."

Status
Not open for further replies.