Holland | Our new Image

10-4 pal I even got a special shirt that says been there done that too along with my supertrucker belt buckle and cowgirl hat and pink cowgirl boots
Pink cowgirl boots?
10-4 pal I even got a special shirt that says been there done that too along with my supertrucker belt buckle and cowgirl hat and pink cowgirl boots
I guess you just answered my question.

I know that it also happens at Teamster companies, but they cant touch you if you do your job properly.
You make a great point. But why would a non-union company screw with you if you are doing your job properly? With the current driver shortage, I doubt that they would screw with you since most of them can't find enough drivers. I know that if I was doing my job properly and they messed with me, they'd get one of these :eck13: as I was walking out the door.

You make a great point. But why would a non-union company screw with you if you are doing your job properly? With the current driver shortage, I doubt that they would screw with you since most of them can't find enough drivers. I know that if I was doing my job properly and they messed with me, they'd get one of these :eck13: as I was walking out the door.
You ought to go tell the FedEx guys that, because several of the ones who want the union seem to believe they can be fired for any reason or no reason at all. Just because the company makes the threat doesn't mean they'll back it up.

I'm a contractor at FedEx Freight Canada, and when they tried to penalize me for a mistake I reported and was told not to fix, I told them they could have their plates. They balked and wiped the slate to keep me because they can't afford to replace me with the shortage. Other contractors have dropped their plates before and since over similar things that cost them drivers.

It doesn't pay to **** people off. FedEx seems to be realizing that. Eventually, people get fed up with the paper guillotine.

Based on the amount of jobs that are available in my area, ALL trucking companies better pull their head out of their butt and start treating their drivers with respect or they'll just go to work down the street. Some companies have raised their starting pay up high enough that it's worth quitting a company that treats you like crap because you make good money elsewhere the day you walk in........and get a 2-5 thousand dollar signing bonus also.

Reactions: ESP
Does anyone remember this from way back when?

This was my avatar for a long time.

Back when our PRIDE dominated the industry.

zFwhSO4.jpg

Does anyone remember this from way back when?

This was my avatar for a long time.

Back when our PRIDE dominated the industry.

zFwhSO4.jpg
I do, I do! I really thought you were superman. I also remember when Holland became TNT Then USF. Nothing but pride, the best damn trucking company on the planet earth. I am not kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do, I do! I really thought you were superman. I also remember when Holland became TNT Then USF. Nothing but pride, the best damn trucking company on the planet earth. I am not kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes , back when it was just TNT & USF Holland , it was the BEST company to work for period , and we had a stack of job apps of good driver's that wanted to come & work for us !!! and now after the Old Yellow Dog chewed us up & ruined us ,nobody will even apply !!!!

you would think that, but myself and cruiser461 know otherwise. I hope they liked the union drive we started, lol.....

You ought to go tell the FedEx guys that, because several of the ones who want the union seem to believe they can be fired for any reason or no reason at all. Just because the company makes the threat doesn't mean they'll back it up.

I'm a contractor at FedEx Freight Canada, and when they tried to penalize me for a mistake I reported and was told not to fix, I told them they could have their plates. They balked and wiped the slate to keep me because they can't afford to replace me with the shortage. Other contractors have dropped their plates before and since over similar things that cost them drivers.

It doesn't pay to **** people off. FedEx seems to be realizing that. Eventually, people get fed up with the paper guillotine.

you are probably correct in this current driver shortage, but I think its temporary. when drivers are found, they will get back to these petty tactics.

fwiw, I still get treated better here than anywhere else, ever. and I like the job. unfortunately, that usually means its going away soon, lol....probably the best job ill ever have.

Reactions: ESP