XPO | Overtime Poll

Do you think a Xpo all drivers should get Overtime after 8/40 ?

• Total voters
I understand every barn is different and if someone feels more secure in their job with union representation why come here in the first place? I mean we have inferior insurance, no pension, no job security and some don't get ot why is everyone still here or even come here in the first place and before someone says it use to be different we have always been at will employees and ot policy has never changed
There still here ( referring to the veterans) because the taking happened of a period of time . They have families and Earned a good amount of Pto and they don’t want to give it up and start at the bottom somewhere else. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend. Guys where told for years that this is a job they can retire from. I know that what you say is the new company attitude towards that thought .
It’s a big part why this company and the industry can’t get drivers without dredging.

There still here ( referring to the veterans) because the taking happened of a period of time . They have families and Earned a good amount of Pto and they don’t want to give it up and start at the bottom somewhere else. Why is that so hard for you to comprehend. Guys where told for years that this is a job they can retire from. I know that what you say is the new company attitude towards that thought .
It’s a big part why this company and the industry can’t get drivers without dredging.
But we never had job security and was always at will employees and everyone that works here knows that. Then pension disappeared long ago, as far as I know we've never had the same health insurance as a union. So why now all of a sudden people are wanting a union?

But we never had job security and was always at will employees and everyone that works here knows that. Then pension disappeared long ago, as far as I know we've never had the same health insurance as a union. So why now all of a sudden people are wanting a union?
We had insurance that was good with no weekly deductions. You have not been here long enough to know what we had. So your opinion is limited

I'm not worried one single bit about being fired unjustly, that's a union talking point in my view.
I've personally seen 2 guys hit a pole on the yard and demolish both tractors. 1 was told to get another truck after filling out the report, the other was fired.

I've personally seen 2 guys hit a pole on the yard and demolish both tractors. 1 was told to get another truck after filling out the report, the other was fired.
and you know what was in each driver personal file? One it could have been a 1st offense were the other it was the straw that broke the camels back

That is exactly my point no continuity to the Kangaroo court that decides your outcome .Managers favorite, someone had a bad day or whatever reason or no reason it’s nearly up to the mood of the moment.

and you know what was in each driver personal file? One it could have been a 1st offense were the other it was the straw that broke the camels back
Might be ,but quess what ,You’ll never know nor do they need to justify it .Government agency could care less unless it involves some for of discrimination. Your on your own at the will of others

Last edited:
What happens in a few years when your body slows down and you can’t do what the company says you should? Shouldn’t your time with xpo count for something? As you watch a younger faster guy take your start time and your run there won’t be a thing you can do about it. That’s the problem with pure merit based businesses; they don’t care about the guy who helped build their business when he gets older

What happens in a few years when your body slows down and you can’t do what the company says you should? Shouldn’t your time with xpo count for something? As you watch a younger faster guy take your start time and your run there won’t be a thing you can do about it. That’s the problem with pure merit based businesses; they don’t care about the guy who helped build their business when he gets older
I've never seen Con-Way or Xpo not follow seniority, heck where are you finding these younger guys to replace the older guys, the youngest guy hired after me is a few years older then me and I've been here 10 years..lol

We have older guys that can out work anyone younger then them even on a bad day. We did have millennial that would take 8 hours on a local 4 stop volume run and never a word said to them, and would still complain about their day. I don't see a younger group replacing any older guys here

I know spit happens but how do 2 guys demolish trucks in our own yard? They may of been good guys but they had to screw up big time to damage a truck that bad if you are observing the yard speed limit

I know spit happens but how do 2 guys demolish trucks in our own yard? They may of been good guys but they had to screw up big time to damage a truck that bad if you are observing the yard speed limit
Our lot is huge. One hit a light pole footing that didn't move at all. The other hit one if the metal concrete reinforced pole around a fire plug. It bent a little just before it ripped the hood off and nearly the steer axle. Speed was prolly part of the equation for both but with different endings.
The fired guy as older and had been a few weeks returned from a serious surgery that cost big insurance dollars. We all figured that's what is was about. Ain't the first time we've suspected that.

Our lot is huge. One hit a light pole footing that didn't move at all. The other hit one if the metal concrete reinforced pole around a fire plug. It bent a little just before it ripped the hood off and nearly the steer axle. Speed was prolly part of the equation for both but with different endings.
The fired guy as older and had been a few weeks returned from a serious surgery that cost big insurance dollars. We all figured that's what is was about. Ain't the first time we've suspected that.
That sucks no one injured and the guy was fired. I always liked the “if you drive a forklift of the dock your fired” nothing like threatening people to stop a problem.

Let’s no try to get to the root of the problem or take every precaution to stop it from happening. No let’s just threaten to fire people if they accidentally slide off the dock . Don’t deter fast diving in and out of the trailer s because that would slow things down .
The discipline policy was getting draconian leading up to our union vote .

Last edited:
No sympathy for either driver. They both should have been fired.

Hard to judge without knowing whole story but is it possible the one that got fired already had 2 strikes against him and the other didn't?

That sucks no one injured and the guy was fired. I always liked the “if you drive a forklift of the dock your fired” nothing like threatening people to stop a problem.

Let’s no try to get to the root of the problem or take every precaution to stop it from happening. No let’s just threaten to fire people if they accidentally slide off the dock . Don’t deter fast diving in and out of the trailer s because that would slow things down .
The discipline policy was getting draconian leading up to our union vote .
If you drive fast and slide off dock you have no one to blame but yourself, just like speeding in yard and crashing into something

If you drive fast and slide off dock you have no one to blame but yourself, just like speeding in yard and crashing into something
No one disagrees with that . It’s the firing of people for a single event that is less than a cardinal infraction. Also a company that condones fast driving in and out of trailer that adds to it . Not having restraints at a open dock doors or at least closing a door that is vacant . Simple measures that could HELP prevent such an accident are not put to use rather it’s just easier to put a flat statement up saying your fired if you do this .
It’s my understanding that the company has resisted osha rules and warnings for not having restraints at open doors on elevated platforms. We were told it slowed the operation down and it wasn’t convenient. Sounds like their not doing what is required of them .

Last edited: