Estes | P&D Drivers on the road

cindig

TB Lurker
Credits
Word came down late this afternoon that city drivers will be forced to run the road starting next week. Our terminal has to supply 3 city drivers for road work. If no one volunteers, they will be forced starting from the bottom up. Sounds like an accident (actually many) waiting to happen. Lets get a bunch of drivers, some who've never run the road, interupt their sleep patterns, send them out into the darkness to find different places they've never been before. What the hell are they thinking.

Hmm,we still have road drivers working 4 days where im at,not that im complaining,just saying.
Doesn't make sense to me either. They said it was not just our terminal, but not all would be supplying the same number of drivers. Apparently there's a big door somewhere with trailer loads of freight hiding behind it that's getting ready to burst open.lol

Hmm,we still have road drivers working 4 days where im at,not that im complaining,just saying.

Heck, our city drivers are being let off one day week,sometimes two... 4 at a time... If they want to run, let them run the weekends, when we really need help.. But the drivers aren't gonna want to do that...

Heck, our city drivers are being let off one day week,sometimes two... 4 at a time... If they want to run, let them run the weekends, when we really need help.. But the drivers aren't gonna want to do that...

Personally,I like running weekends.Probably wouldnt if I were a city driver,though.

Well the list went up today, starts monday and goes til the end of july. Every city driver at our terminal gets 2 turns on the road. It's going to be interesting to see what happens, some have said they're going to quit. Others have never pulled a set of doubles in their life.

Y'all ain't seeing the big picture. one weekend a month starting in a couple weeks

We also have a scheduled sunday run and the guy is off on Friday. The guy who ran it this past week took a set of empties to 087, even though there was a set going to 055. They were saving them for a team coming thru on monday. From 087 he pulled a full and empty to 093, then a full and an empty to louisville, then 2 empties back home. I guess we just don't see the big picture.

Our city guys just bid on 2 Sunday runs. A 1/2 89 and a 1/2 165. We have plenty of volunteers for weekends and they give a 500 and a 600 mile run to p&d.

I heard were starting that rotating xtra day at our yard next week but last time they said that central never used me I don't care I run more than enough all week don't want the xtra lol living the dream

I heard were starting that rotating xtra day at our yard next week but last time they said that central never used me I don't care I run more than enough all week don't want the xtra lol living the dream

You mean the extra run a month for linehaul or city drivers?

Yes extra run for all, and whats the big fuss about City Driver doing it, got we are all drivers anyway!! Stupid Categories anyway!!

Do they expect freight picking up that quick, in a month... Our city drivers won't be required to run, as it was before....

Yes extra run for all, and whats the big fuss about City Driver doing it, got we are all drivers anyway!! Stupid Categories anyway!!

I have nothing against city drivers... But, I have heard them going around complaining about taking the extra day off, and when a linehaul driver is willing to give his run up on a Friday,for them to make money, they turn it down.. Evidently they like the categories.... Because the TM can't make them do it....

I have nothing against city drivers... But, I have heard them going around complaining about taking the extra day off, and when a linehaul driver is willing to give his run up on a Friday,for them to make money, they turn it down.. Evidently they like the categories.... Because the TM can't make them do it....

I know I wouldn't want to do it. I've been a daytime driver all my life and don't like night driving. When your sleeping pattern is used to this, I think your just putting yourself at risk taking a one night linehaul run.I think thats why so many drivers are upset about running the road for a week, their bodys aren't used to it.

I know I wouldn't want to do it. I've been a daytime driver all my life and don't like night driving. When your sleeping pattern is used to this, I think your just putting yourself at risk taking a one night linehaul run.I think thats why so many drivers are upset about running the road for a week, their bodys aren't used to it.

Sir/Lady, I have been doing this for over 30 years.. "Sleeping patterns"? I've worked the city for 8 hours then made a linehaul run run at night.. Did I want to, no.. But I did what I had to do to support my family... If you chose not to do it, then I have no problem with that, just keep your comments to yourself... Some of our city guys will do it, mostly the senior guys... Because they know what it takes.. These younger guys, can't keep up in the city with the old guys... The TM brought something up to me the other day, he wondered why the four top senior guys in the city seem to never bring freight back, but the 5 year and below guys can't get theirs off.. It's not like they haven't been here long enough,or don't know the route.. Why? I could have given him an answer, but I don't snitch on drivers.. What it boils down to,about city drivers running a Sunday is, it's called, "having available hours to work, and refusing", or " no call, no show"... You can take it from there,as to what would happen.... I'm not telling you what to do,or what not to do.. Just don't complain or make up excuses..

BTW, usually Central Dispatch can tell you by 1pm EST whether you are needed or not.. If you run a 500 mile run and leave by 2pm, you can be back by 1am or better... To me, that's not "night driving"... That would be my "tater run"....LOL

You do what you need to do driva, we just have a different opinion on this matter... No one has to be right,or wrong...

This thread raised my eyebrows in the fact that the TM posted a 40 hr work week, off on fri. when asked why the reason was 'too many drivers on fri'. I call BS!! Then too many question were being asked about it and poof it was taken down,wonder if this is related to the above comments