Yellow | Pay at YRC

Buckeye words of wisdom , stay away from yrcw, go anywhere else , couple good one's , to try are R&L , Estes , XPO/conway, Old Dom. , Fed Ex , " CRST" , are just a few and plus they have a "Matching 401-K " that you control not the union !!! Good Luck with your job search !!

We may not have a matching 401 but they do not control my 401.
The union does not control your 401. Why do you think they do?
My wife and I go in and move it around where we want it. We are fully vested and the union cannot touch it. I hear this at time and wonder where people think the union can just go in there and do stuff. They can't.

I just got up.... I had to edit my spelling so many times... Life in the LTL world... Stay out of it. Every shift sucks!

Last edited:
Buckeye words of wisdom , stay away from yrcw, go anywhere else , couple good one's , to try are R&L , Estes , XPO/conway, Old Dom. , Fed Ex , " CRST" , are just a few and plus they have a "Matching 401-K " that you control not the union !!! Good Luck with your job search !!
He did NOT ask you your opinion of YRC,or your recommendations for other LTL companies.your opinion is as valuable as the cost of it..Now to answer the question asked,its around 22 dollars an hour and 56 cpm ..you should get to top pay from 2 to 3 years

Your list of good one's really makes a fella question your
How do you come up with your good one's list? By how fast their trucks run? There is one company on that list I would work for and one that I would work for if I was desperate and two that I would rather flip burgers at McDonalds than work for. I guess different strokes for different folks. I would be careful giving fella's advice on here that really might not know that much about some of these companies, he could be stuck in a crap job for many years thinking it is good because he read it on TB.

In the upstate NY supplement only- cause I cant speak for any other contract- top rate is $21.11 hr with the 15% deduction in pay. Starting wage is $17.9469hr with the 15% giveback. Raises of 5% a year every year your first 3 years on your hire date. Cant speak to road pay as I have no interaction with road men. On 4/1 there is suppose to be a 40 cent an hour raise. We shall see if it comes to fruition.

Definitely good advice

My wife and I go in and move it around where we want it. We are fully vested and the union cannot touch it. I hear this at time and wonder where people think the union can just go in there and do stuff. They can't.

I just got up.... I had to edit my spelling so many times... Life in the LTL world... Stay out of it. Every shift sucks!
mysticobra ,yes you are correct they don't control it , but I was talking of our ponzi broke pension fund & the B.S. work rules after you retire , and the fact they don't match anything to our 401-K , just think what you would have if they would have been say just matching 4% for the past 30 years ???

He did NOT ask you your opinion of YRC,or your recommendations for other LTL companies.your opinion is as valuable as the cost of it..Now to answer the question asked,its around 22 dollars an hour and 56 cpm ..you should get to top pay from 2 to 3 years
scalgrasshopper , but why answer when yrcw is the lowest paid in the LTL Industry, and each local has a little different pay rate too , BUT here is a rough estimate answer for you it's $21.09 to $22.20 city and .52 to .57 cents mile linehaul and again these are estimate only as , "each local is a little different pay scale " , have a great grasshopper day !!

mysticobra ,yes you are correct they don't control it , but I was talking of our ponzi broke pension fund & the B.S. work rules after you retire , and the fact they don't match anything to our 401-K , just think what you would have if they would have been say just matching 4% for the past 30 years ???
That matching part is not something I want to think about. Sucks that they don't. That is the only downside to it but it shouldn't prevent anyone from doing it.
I just hear at this barn where they think the teamsters can get their hands on it and they have nothing to do with it. And it's hard to convince otherwise so I just don't even try.
Even that they don't match I look at it as grocery money when I retire.
Now if the damn stock market would go back up!
Maybe after the election!

scalgrasshopper , but why answer when yrcw is the lowest paid in the LTL Industry, and each local has a little different pay rate too , BUT here is a rough estimate answer for you it's $21.09 to $22.20 city and .52 to .57 cents mile linehaul and again these are estimate only as , "each local is a little different pay scale " , have a great grasshopper day !!

EsfcivY.jpg

Its not that the union has control. You can't take your money out as long as you are in teamsters national, even for a hardship. Thank the lord that UPS is not teamsters national, but they are teamsters UPS. I was able to take my money and pay the penalty because I needed the money when I first started at UPS, if I couldn't access that money, I would still be at YRC

I don't think some of you would know a really bad job if it bit you in the ass. I could make a list of jobs that I have had in my life and you guys would probably think I was exaggerating or bsing you. Just because there are a handful of companies that pay better, it does not mean they are better jobs and what about the thousand trucking companies that are way worse. A great example is my buddy at Conway, every night drives three hours then breaks his set, unloads, reloads, rehooks set and drives three hours back to his barn. Does he make more money than me, yes, would I trade my job for his, not in a million years. I would not trade my job at Holland for his, I wouldn't trade my old job that I worked for a while at YRC. Money is not everything!! I know R&L was mentioned earlier, that was the shortest length of a job I have ever had, what a pile of ::shit:: company. I have worked non unions and seen management make up reasons to take senior guys off of very desirable runs and put some kid on the run who only had a few months with the company but his mom worked in HR. I could type for another hour, but the morale of the story is the grass is not always greener.

Its not that the union has control. You can't take your money out as long as you are in teamsters national, even for a hardship. Thank the lord that UPS is not teamsters national, but they are teamsters UPS. I was able to take my money and pay the penalty because I needed the money when I first started at UPS, if I couldn't access that money, I would still be at YRC
There is an amount that you can take out and just be taxed and not have to pay it back. I have done it but I think it is the portion yrc put in years ago.
I took five grand out and paid a bit over 400 in tax and didn't have to pay it back.
Now I am not sure exactly how it works but I think they keep it separate but together.
If that makes any sense. They know what was put in by yrc and can calculate how much it has increased or decreased... Over time.
For information on it you would have to call prudential and they could tell you how it works.
You can pull it all out at 59 and a half. But you get hit hard by the taxes.