ABF | pay increase

:clapping: This is a very good point and it's not that he can't be more mature and civil he just seems to be reluctant to do so.

Thank you and I agree.I just wish that he would choose to be more mature and civil because I think he is reasonably intelligent and could engage in a healthy debate if that were his intention. But the intention I have seen from his posts so far is meant to do nothing more than to antagonize and agitate. Lets hope that he does finally choose to engage in a healthy debate and see if he can live up to his own claimed expectations.

Thank you and I agree.I just wish that he would choose to be more mature and civil because I think he is reasonably intelligent and could engage in a healthy debate if that were his intention. But the intention I have seen from his posts so far is meant to do nothing more than to antagonize and agitate. Lets hope that he does finally choose to engage in a healthy debate and see if he can live up to his own claimed expectations.
Delusions of grandeur.. He can't ..

Delusions of grandeur.. He can't ..

What can I say, Im a hopeless optimist. lol

I just like to keep hoping that people can change if they really have a desire to. Sometimes that only takes a little support and encouragement like parents have been doing for their children over the ages.

What can I say, Im a hopeless optimist. lol
I just like to keep hoping that people can change if they really have a desire to. Sometimes that only takes a little support and encouragement like parents have been doing for their children over the ages.
While I agree with you 100% there I have to say that based on my experiences the odds are stacked against us.

While I agree with you 100% there I have to say that based on my experiences the odds are stacked against us.

Im all in when it comes to betting on longshots, after all thats where the money is. And sometimes all you have to do to win big by betting small is to offer your support and encouragement. Case in point, Giacomo winning the 2005 Kentucky Derby at 50-1 odds and the $2.00 exacta paying $9,814.80.

Im willing throw my $2.00 into the wind, anyone else?

Im all in when it comes to betting on longshots, after all thats where the money is. And sometimes all you have to do to win big by betting small is to offer your support and encouragement. Case in point, Giacomo winning the 2005 Kentucky Derby at 50-1 odds and the $2.00 exacta paying $9,814.80.

Im willing throw my $2.00 into the wind, anyone else?
Umm....errrrrr.....aaaaaaa I've got $.02 I wouldn't miss...

Umm....errrrrr.....aaaaaaa I've got $.02 I wouldn't miss...

Ok, so far we have a total of $2.02 and we wont quibble over who pitches in what because there wont be any payout this time around anyhow if Songremainsthesame holds true to his prior postings. Who knows, the odds may go as high as a million to one before its said and done.

Does anyone what our pay increase is?
who got a pay increase?? i know that im still giving up money to abf and everyone thinks we gave up 7% then 5% etc etc we gave up much more than that because we should of had raises from what we were making when these concessions started --- and is everyone enjoying the extra time they are spending at abf because the company also stole a weeks vacation from us?? but we did it to ourselves all you yes voters let the company scare you abf was solvent the ONLY reason they wanted a concession is because thier feelings were hurt that yrc got one and they didnt

i hope we all wake up in 2 years

who got a pay increase?? i know that im still giving up money to abf and everyone thinks we gave up 7% then 5% etc etc we gave up much more than that because we should of had raises from what we were making when these concessions started --- and is everyone enjoying the extra time they are spending at abf because the company also stole a weeks vacation from us?? but we did it to ourselves all you yes voters let the company scare you abf was solvent the ONLY reason they wanted a concession is because thier feelings were hurt that yrc got one and they didnt

i hope we all wake up in 2 years
I totally agree. We have to come back HARD in 2018.

he still does better than an OD driver, with better insurance for free, and overtime. must be pretty sweet for those linehaul guys making the big MIN WAGE on line 4, too....

My insurance is cheaper than yours...

Our Teamsters healthcare is top notch and doesn't cost us a dime, whether we are single or married with 12 kids... Our max out of pockets are very low as are our deductibles. Sorry, but OD's insurance does not even compare. Back in the day it did (I used to work for ODFL), but not now... You guys with families are shelling out $100 a week plus your deductibles and max out of pockets before you get any real contribution from insurance. Add to that the fact that if your spouse works and can get insurance through her employer, OD won't cover her/him... So now you have two deductibles and max out of pockets to meet. OD is not a bad company, but they are not the best. In fact, I could go on about some of the obnoxious BS I have seen go on during my tenure there, but I won't. I am happy where I am at despite our concessions to the company. Our pay is slowly being restored, and I do believe on our next contract we should get our vacation back to where it was and have some decent raises scheduled. Total compensation package versus total compensation package, ABF is better. Some will argue the new trucks that OD buys on a regular basis but you know what? I will take an older higher mileage truck that will DOT everytime and keep the earnings in my pocket instead of being short changed every Friday. I've read some of your guys posts on your forum about overtime and I agree with the general consensus... OD can afford to pay it and should pay it, but we know it won't happen anytime soon.

If you are happy with OD, so be it. Most Teamsters guys will tell you that despite our concessions and older equipment, the vast majority are happy with solid total compensation, work rules in writing, seniority meaning something, and a voice that means something. Our pay will get better and our equipment is slowly being replaced.

And because I have done nothing wrong. I have tried to be a respectful part of other debates on this forum because it interests me and all some can do on this forum is call me names, try to twist my words to fit their agenda, and flat out disbelieve things I have said as fact to refute them. The least I can get for my troubles is the satisfaction of knowing I am not breaking the rules, I haven't sunk to the level of calling anybody childish names like some have, and I speak fact. The fact that others feel they have to twist my words to try to discredit me and shout me down when I deny their misrepresentation of me is proof they have no argument. If you can't handle the truth I'm sorry. If the truth hurts, I'm sorry about that too. Doesn't change the fact that truth is truth.
Since 1934 (old dominion started) until 2008 ,old dominion and every other non-union carrier has prayed for the union companies to get better benefits and higher wages. This was the non-union carriers only hope of ever getting a raise. Their companies had to stay competitive or risk losing their top employees to union carriers. Back then there were only 2 kind of truckers, union drivers and those who wished they were union. As we all know, deregulation , financial collapses, and bad union leaders have turned the pendulum the other way. Every dog has his day, however it was a fun and very profitable 74 year run for union employees.