FedEx Freight | Pay Raises

Ahem,
PS My guess is just over a penny a mile or right at it making it .5419 and hrly will go to 21.24:whistling::whistle:

It could be worse! At least the drivers in the east are getting paid the same! No matter where you are in the east a driver is a driver and you get paid the same! Unlike the west where they are paid by where they live! (Geographic pay) the drivers in the big cities get up to 5 plus cents per mile more than a driver in a smaller city! Be thankful you live, where you live, and you get paid the same for being a driver as a driver should! Unlike the west! they don't a driver in a big city is the same as a driver in a smaller city!! fair should be fair! Boo hoo...

Mtnmanhb,
are you aware of the fact that even the US Postal service pays based upon geographical factors? Why should a driver in an area where a mansion sells for $200,000 be paid the same as a driver who lives where a tin shack costs $500,000? They're simply not doing the same job. The driver who lives in the higher priced area is in more demand than the driver in the lower priced area.

Economics 101: Supply and demand; where supply is excessive and demand is minimal, wages are depressed. Where supply is minimal and demand is extreme; wages rise to meet the market demand.

Drivers in low cost areas are easy to replace. Drivers in high cost areas are near impossible to replace; henceforth, they get paid more.

Get over it. Fair isn't fair. Fair is that one gets paid based upon how easy or how difficult it is to replace you.

Jeff:chairshot:

I must be a old fart

Trailers for sale or rent
Rooms to let fifty cents
No phone, no pool, no pets
I ain't got no cigarettes
Ah but, two hours of pushin' broom
Buys a eight by twelve four-bit room
I'm a man of means by no means
King of the road!
:hysterical: :hysterical:
.......I must be a old fart because I liked this song when I was young (my first record) and I still do......ROGER

What?

are you aware of the fact that even the US Postal service pays based upon geographical factors? Why should a driver in an area where a mansion sells for $200,000 be paid the same as a driver who lives where a tin shack costs $500,000? They're simply not doing the same job. The driver who lives in the higher priced area is in more demand than the driver in the lower priced area.

Economics 101: Supply and demand; where supply is excessive and demand is minimal, wages are depressed. Where supply is minimal and demand is extreme; wages rise to meet the market demand.

Drivers in low cost areas are easy to replace. Drivers in high cost areas are near impossible to replace; henceforth, they get paid more.

Get over it. Fair isn't fair. Fair is that one gets paid based upon how easy or how difficult it is to replace you.

You're kidding right? How is it easier to replace a driver in a "low cost" area vs a "high cost" area?

The rate of pay isn't based on ease of replacment, it is based on cost of living in a given local. It is more expensive to live in the LA basin than it is in Tacoma, so they get paid more money. Not that the difference makes much difference, but that is the reasoning.

"They're simply not doing the same job. The driver who lives in the higher priced area is in more demand than the driver in the lower priced area."

I don't understand this statement at all! We all do the same job. If we're line, we drive line, if we're local, we do a local drivers job. A driver in San Francisco does the exact same job as one of our drivers in the Ranier Valley in Washington.

We do the same work, we should be paid the same money. It saves the company money, and that's the only reason for the geographical pay. If anyone thinks the company gives a damn about you, you have bought into the feel good poster mentality of corporate.

But to say that drivers in more expensive areas are somehow better than drivers in less expensive areas is ludicrous.

And if you had your tongue firmly in cheek, (which I hope you did), in my defense, it is early morning, and I missed it.

You're kidding right? How is it easier to replace a driver in a "low cost" area vs a "high cost" area?

The rate of pay isn't based on ease of replacment, it is based on cost of living in a given local. It is more expensive to live in the LA basin than it is in Tacoma, so they get paid more money. Not that the difference makes much difference, but that is the reasoning.

"They're simply not doing the same job. The driver who lives in the higher priced area is in more demand than the driver in the lower priced area."

I don't understand this statement at all! We all do the same job. If we're line, we drive line, if we're local, we do a local drivers job. A driver in San Francisco does the exact same job as one of our drivers in the Ranier Valley in Washington.

We do the same work, we should be paid the same money. It saves the company money, and that's the only reason for the geographical pay. If anyone thinks the company gives a damn about you, you have bought into the feel good poster mentality of corporate.

But to say that drivers in more expensive areas are somehow better than drivers in less expensive areas is ludicrous.

And if you had your tongue firmly in cheek, (which I hope you did), in my defense, it is early morning, and I missed it.

driver, simply put
you are either part of the problem
or part of the solution.

now, there are openings in management daily
please feel free to make the move and the
changes as needed .

but, just remember there are openings in management daily, and while you are trying to get corp. to make those changes they could be posting your job.

Franklin,
when you go to the grocery store and the clerk total's up your bill, do you offer to pay more than they ask?

If you do, you're a moron. If you think any company is going to pay more than they have to; you're not just a moron, you're crazy on top of it.

The free market determines wages and benefits. Companies pay people based upon supply and demand. If the wages in your facility were too low in relation to the cost of living, there would be a dire shortage of workers. If the wages are commensurate with the cost of living, then staffing isn't an issue.

Get over it...it's all economics 101.

Jeff:1036316054:

Well, both you and super trucker missed the point of my post.

The original post stated that drivers in depressed areas are easier to replace than those in non-depressed areas, and I didn't (and don't) see the logic of that statement.

As far as pay scale, I can tell you that we have 3 SC's within 50 miles of each other. One has a higher top of scale than the other two. The cost of living is just about level between the 3 centers.

I'm assuming that you're both gung ho hourly people or starry eyed lower middle managment. When discussions get to "get over it", "deal with it", "quit" or "life isn't fair", the limits of debate have been reached.

Much like the rule that when ಠ▄ಠ is mentioned in an argument, the argument is over.

I just don't happen to buy everything corporate excretes in my direction.

Well, both you and super trucker missed the point of my post.

The original post stated that drivers in depressed areas are easier to replace than those in non-depressed areas, and I didn't (and don't) see the logic of that statement.

As far as pay scale, I can tell you that we have 3 SC's within 50 miles of each other. One has a higher top of scale than the other two. The cost of living is just about level between the 3 centers.

I'm assuming that you're both gung ho hourly people or starry eyed lower middle managment. When discussions get to "get over it", "deal with it", "quit" or "life isn't fair", the limits of debate have been reached.

Much like the rule that when ಠ▄ಠ is mentioned in an argument, the argument is over.

I just don't happen to buy everything corporate excretes in my direction.

Franklin,
to explain what you seem to refuse to understand...2 years back, the company put an add in the papers in both Wht and Fta, for line drivers.

Wht rec'd 40 applications in a week. Fta rec'd 400 app's the first day. Why? It's cheaper to live in the fta area...and so there's more blue collar workers per capita in that area.

One of the funniest things ever said? Line drivers in fta used to complain constantly about line drivers from Wht, Gar, Anh and Ivn living in Fta. Duh, it's cheaper to live there...so they're willing to commute all the way to those other domiciles. The line drivers in Fta were proving the company's point about geographical wage scales with their basic argument.

It's easier to replace drivers in lower cost area's because more drivers live in those areas, because of the lower cost of living.

End of pontification.

Much like the rule that when ಠ▄ಠ is mentioned in an argument, the argument is over. Funny that ಠ▄ಠ was mentioned that is what we call our ccm he tries to run our barn like a pow camp. He would control our personal lives at home if he could get away with it.

Franklin,
to explain what you seem to refuse to understand...2 years back, the company put an add in the papers in both Wht and Fta, for line drivers.

Wht rec'd 40 applications in a week. Fta rec'd 400 app's the first day. Why? It's cheaper to live in the fta area...and so there's more blue collar workers per capita in that area.

One of the funniest things ever said? Line drivers in fta used to complain constantly about line drivers from Wht, Gar, Anh and Ivn living in Fta. Duh, it's cheaper to live there...so they're willing to commute all the way to those other domiciles. The line drivers in Fta were proving the company's point about geographical wage scales with their basic argument.

It's easier to replace drivers in lower cost area's because more drivers live in those areas, because of the lower cost of living.

End of pontification.

I reguard to you line "ITS EASIER TO REPLACE DRIVERS IN LOW COST AREA'S...." How does that fall under the line of "Take care of your people" We have a center in another state thats 26 miles away from ours and we make about 1.60 more per hour than they do how in the hell do they justify that. Thats right you can always go work some were else!!! I keep that in mind when they want team work or just one more.

Franklin,

End of pontification.

Hey guys can you help me out speak in full words. I don't know where wht gar anh ivn & fta are located. Due yoo noo wht eye men!!

In the East they pay more in "U" areas, Chicago, Detroit its not cost of living at all.Take Chicago Hieghts, they get the big pay,but its not like the employees live in Chicago.Why doesnt INDY get the higher pay? Its not cheap there.

In the East they pay more in "U" areas, Chicago, Detroit its not cost of living at all.

That's it exactly. It's how strong the "u" is in such areas. Where I work, the cost-of-living is fairly cheap. But the "u" is a force to be reckoned with in these parts so FedEx has to pony up. Why, bless their corporate hearts! :tongue0002:

That's it exactly. It's how strong the "u" is in such areas. Where I work, the cost-of-living is fairly cheap. But the "u" is a force to be reckoned with in these parts so FedEx has to pony up. Why, bless their corporate hearts! :tongue0002:

Thats what I've heard too....

Hey guys can you help me out speak in full words. I don't know where wht gar anh ivn & fta are located. Due yoo noo wht eye men!!

Whittier, Gardena, Anaheim, Irvine, Fontana. All centers in CA. (California)

When in doubt go to Fed Ex web site and click on find a location.

FM:1036316054:

tho nobody really wants to admit it:
I believe that how strong the "U" is in an area
most definately plays a factor

I'm sure cost of living
and available "pool" of quailified people
has and effect as well

tho nobody really wants to admit it:
I believe that how strong the "U" is in an area
most definately plays a factor

I'm sure cost of living
and available "pool" of quailified people
has and effect as well

mudder :1036316054:

So can you guys clue us West folks as to the meaning of "U".

:smilie_132: