FedEx Freight | Pay Raises

I reguard to you line "ITS EASIER TO REPLACE DRIVERS IN LOW COST AREA'S...." How does that fall under the line of "Take care of your people" We have a center in another state thats 26 miles away from ours and we make about 1.60 more per hour than they do how in the hell do they justify that. Thats right you can always go work some were else!!! I keep that in mind when they want team work or just one more.

Yeah keep what he said in mind when they want team work or just one more you can always go work somewhere else.

I have herad a big delay in pay raises this year, because of the net..revenue was great but the net was not good at all. Besides, we don't want to get greedy, in this day and time. Lets be thankful for what we do have.

I have herad a big delay in pay raises this year, because of the net..revenue was great but the net was not good at all. Besides, we don't want to get greedy, in this day and time. Lets be thankful for what we do have.

I'm sure this came from a "reliable" source...

:toxic:

Heck, if you could make the same pay and work a 40 hr week all days why would anyone want to run night linehaul???

Some drivers would do it becasue they think that linehaul would be "easier" and not as physical.
ie: no hand unloading 10 pallets in a city highrise, no fighting morning/eveining rush hour traffic trying to deleiver freight in the city..
More driving,(which equals less incidents) not having to back up on the blind side into a dock in the city. Just a few examples as to why a city driver would run linehaul at night to make the same monies.:hide:

Some drivers would do it becasue they think that linehaul would be "easier" and not as physical.
ie: no hand unloading 10 pallets in a city highrise, no fighting morning/eveining rush hour traffic trying to deleiver freight in the city..
More driving,(which equals less incidents) not having to back up on the blind side into a dock in the city. Just a few examples as to why a city driver would run linehaul at night to make the same monies.:hide:

Not me, if it was the same money, meaning if you could get 60 hrs in the city still, then I would much rather have the city gig, yeah there's traffic, your on the clock, there are some tight spots to hit, not all, again on the clock, you take whatever amount of time it takes.

When was the last time you saw video of a city unit on black ice make national news?

At the current pay a city driver doing 60 hrs would gross 1442.60, I gross slightly more than 1650.00 so roughly 200 a week difference for the same amount of hours worked.

Seems the pay difference isn't so much, just the allotted amount of time.

There are many at our center that would never had made the jump from city to line if it weren't for the reduction in hours, heck they were at the top of the city board why else jump?

FM

princess,
I call those guys straight line drivers because
they can't or won't back in to a dock from the blind side.
we have a road driver that can't read a map,
so he chose to line haul because all he has to remember is
where is home domicile and where is the hub.
True story!:hysterical: :smilie_132:honest

Not me, if it was the same money, meaning if you could get 60 hrs in the city still, then I would much rather have the city gig, yeah there's traffic, your on the clock, there are some tight spots to hit, not all, again on the clock, you take whatever amount of time it takes.

When was the last time you saw video of a city unit on black ice make national news?

At the current pay a city driver doing 60 hrs would gross 1442.60, I gross slightly more than 1650.00 so roughly 200 a week difference for the same amount of hours worked.

Seems the pay difference isn't so much, just the allotted amount of time.

There are many at our center that would never had made the jump from city to line if it weren't for the reduction in hours, heck they were at the top of the city board why else jump?

FM
we are barely getting 40 hours and as far as a gap in pay your your weekly gross is more than my 2 week gross.the only way we are getting 60 hours at my center is if we put a red shirt on

we are barely getting 40 hours and as far as a gap in pay your your weekly gross is more than my 2 week gross.the only way we are getting 60 hours at my center is if we put a red shirt on

I think that was the point....
Guess you think you should get 1400 for 40 hrs work, man no one would ever leave the city...

FM

So whats new its been that way from day one,Butt this year their going to fix it. They will start a new pay program to even the pay out, it will take a few years. Dont you worry, your grandson should be make the same money as a road driver just before he retires.Its no wonder all you hear any more is screw this place, drag the anchor, to hell with it, what we dont get done today we can deliver it tomorrow, it aint like I need this stuff!! What this company once was it will never be again, to bad we cant get the people in memphis to step in and clean house in hro.

I think that was the point....
Guess you think you should get 1400 for 40 hrs work, man no one would ever leave the city...

FM

no i didn't say 1400 for fourty i never asked for anything like that.i would like the chance to work the dock or make some overtime but it isn't given.line guys can work the dock all they want thats fair is probably what you think.there is no reason why i should make less money at the same company this year than i did three years ago.but than again i'm sure you have an answer for that too.

I am gonna make less this year than I made last year so don't feel like the lone ranger

14wheeler :1036316054:

If you put a red shirt on you would be working 60 hours for 40 hours pay. They call it a salary.
:hysterical: