FedEx Freight | Pay Raises

See, everyone always looks at it from their own perspective.

The one thing is most, not all but most road were once city so they don't need a ride along to experience it, they have done it.
I myself almost never brought back freight, only if no one was there to accept it or it was so destroyed that no amount of talk would convince them to take it.

FM

PS; I have done management positions just not at AF/FXF, and I spend 1-2 hrs a night on the dock by my choice helping load and get out on time, the Sup in IND is a good guy, (John) and works his butt off.

All this aside, anyone know what the raise will bring pay rates to? I am at National and would like to compare.

Thanks

No one knows what it will be untill there told by their ccm on monday moring, and he finds out over the week end. Everybody can guess or bragg they know what it is, you just have to wait untill the meetings.Sorry I can't tell you more, maybe a member of management on the boards could help you.

Hind sight being 20/20

I was a city driver for af/fxf for 9 years and 8 years prior to that with another company.

If I could go back to where I was in the city here I would do it tomorrow and never take another line haul run in my life.

Linehaul is easier in a way and harder in others.
3rd shift is brutal on the body and your health and if you don't get into talking on a cb it is a lonely sort of lifestyle but you make more money.

City is more physical but I would take the hot city truck in the summer and the reduction in pay anyday over linehaul now.

Think hard about what you wish for in this life because you just may get it.

Jeff

In the last 8 years (or more, I speak only of what I know) every hourly employee in this company has recieved a raise.. in the past two years, every hourly employee has recieved a bonus.. (since the program started) Those "Red Shirts" are not guaranteed Jack Schmidt....

A driver will top-out in pay after 3 years. A manager has much greater earnings potential as he/she moves up the corporate ladder. I mean, if you go from ops to TM what kind of raise is that? How about TM to regional VP?

Stock options, bonuses...lots o' goodies there.

Hind sight being 20/20

I was a city driver for af/fxf for 9 years and 8 years prior to that with another company.

If I could go back to where I was in the city here I would do it tomorrow and never take another line haul run in my life.

Linehaul is easier in a way and harder in others.
3rd shift is brutal on the body and your health and if you don't get into talking on a cb it is a lonely sort of lifestyle but you make more money.

City is more physical but I would take the hot city truck in the summer and the reduction in pay anyday over linehaul now.

Think hard about what you wish for in this life because you just may get it.

Jeff

Jeff :1036316054:

As far as line work goes, don't you East guys have any day runs out of your service center???
What you folks need is layover runs and a linehaul that works 7 days a week to move the freight, instead of just working 5 days a week.
Have you tried using satellite radio??? That XM radio makes the time go by a lot faster.
You have a good point about city work helping to keep you in better physical shape compared to just driving.
:smilie_132:

Jeff :1036316054:

As far as line work goes, don't you East guys have any day runs out of your service center???
What you folks need is layover runs and a linehaul that works 7 days a week to move the freight, instead of just working 5 days a week.
Have you tried using satellite radio??? That XM radio makes the time go by a lot faster.
You have a good point about city work helping to keep you in better physical shape compared to just driving.
:smilie_132:

I have XM .............

Won't need to worry about a pay raise with the new immigration bill comming down the pike , The new members of our country will be happy to drive for .35 a mile and $ 10.00 an hour with NO BENNIES !!! Better get busy and write your rep to put a halt on this new bill , THAT'S A FACT !!!!!!

Hey Wolfie!!!!

I been running to ATL this bid at night. Im thinking about running back up there next bid, gotta see how the bid goes though. Tell mac, taco, chris and the boys I said hello please. Hope you are doing fine!:smilie_132:

A driver will top-out in pay after 3 years. A manager has much greater earnings potential as he/she moves up the corporate ladder. I mean, if you go from ops to TM what kind of raise is that? How about TM to regional VP?

Those goodies come with a price.. Ops to TM.. unless you are in a smalltown, plan on moving.. Take myself for instance.. I am 5 hours from home and family.. next step will put me further.. When you decide to move up that ladder.. Don't plan on being close to home anytime soon.. I did the same thing with the other company that I was with.. As long as they have you away from home.. You have something to work for.. When they get you back close to home.. you might not be willing to move/move up anymore... so its a hard price to pay..

Imagine being two states away from family.. screwing up.. getting the boot.. then having to get back home.. seen it happen too many times.. not so much at FXFE.. but it happens..

Earning potential is there.. but, I know some Road drivers that are topped out and earn $20,000 a year more than a manager that is topped out..

Might be worth pointing out that there are ~300 managers and only ~15-20 regional positions---and only four divisional positions. (Speaking for Freight East only. I think West is similar except there's not any divisional VPs.)

Point is, there's lots of turnover at the manager level, some due to performance, some due to burnout, so only a few are going to make that climb into the regional director's chair.

FXF OAF

"Raise"

We heard the same thing from our manager, "You're really going to be happy with the raise!!!".

I'm starting to believe that they actually believe in what they are saying.

From reading this thread, I also find that the "we drive line so we're better than you city boys" mentality is alive and well in the East as it is in the West.

It's all a choice dudes. We've had local drivers transfer to line because they were tired of the BS.. (which meant the traffic, the work, dispatch), then almost instantly start *****ing about line dispatch and the driving conditions in winter.

Don't use the time away from families as an excuse for the disparity in pay. They made the choice. I feel for them during winter, but again, there's that choice thing again. The fact is that line (or road) driving sucks for the most part so they have to pay more to attract those that think the extra money is worth it.

The same holds true to what you call "red shirts". I've seen how this company, (as well as when it was Viking), treats their middle management. There is no way in hell I would subject myself to that sort of totalitarian abuse for any amount of money. I don't know why anyone would want to do that. You don't make a difference, (you're not allowed to), and the company owns you. I see guys working 14+ hours. Why voluntarily subject yourself to that? Long days, weekends, "classes", meetings... and apparently constant abuse and belittling from your "superiors". And from a grunt's perspective, not a damn thing ever changes for all you do.

It's all about the money of course. Personally, the "we're a team" and we love you guys claptrap doesn't work on me. I know that a knife can be inserted in your back just as easily as a pat on the back. My expierence is that the knife is the preferred mode of expression.

But the raise.... After taxes, it works out to be about $2 a day.

Yeah. I'm estatic.

But let me do it for you, I could quit, I could go managment, I could go line, I could work weekends, I could suck it up and be a man, life isn't fair, deal with it, get over it, get over yourself, be happy you have a job, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Another great post !

We heard the same thing from our manager, "You're really going to be happy with the raise!!!".

I'm starting to believe that they actually believe in what they are saying.

From reading this thread, I also find that the "we drive line so we're better than you city boys" mentality is alive and well in the East as it is in the West.

It's all a choice dudes. We've had local drivers transfer to line because they were tired of the BS.. (which meant the traffic, the work, dispatch), then almost instantly start *****ing about line dispatch and the driving conditions in winter.

Don't use the time away from families as an excuse for the disparity in pay. They made the choice. I feel for them during winter, but again, there's that choice thing again. The fact is that line (or road) driving sucks for the most part so they have to pay more to attract those that think the extra money is worth it.

The same holds true to what you call "red shirts". I've seen how this company, (as well as when it was Viking), treats their middle management. There is no way in hell I would subject myself to that sort of totalitarian abuse for any amount of money. I don't know why anyone would want to do that. You don't make a difference, (you're not allowed to), and the company owns you. I see guys working 14+ hours. Why voluntarily subject yourself to that? Long days, weekends, "classes", meetings... and apparently constant abuse and belittling from your "superiors". And from a grunt's perspective, not a damn thing ever changes for all you do.

It's all about the money of course. Personally, the "we're a team" and we love you guys claptrap doesn't work on me. I know that a knife can be inserted in your back just as easily as a pat on the back. My experence is that the knife is the preferred mode of expression.

But the raise.... After taxes, it works out to be about $2 a day.

Yeah. I'm ecstatic.

But let me do it for you, I could quit, I could go management, I could go line, I could work weekends, I could suck it up and be a man, life isn't fair, deal with it, get over it, get over yourself, be happy you have a job, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Wow !

Now that is a rocking post !

But let me do it for you, I could quit, I could go managment, I could go line, I could work weekends, I could suck it up and be a man, life isn't fair, deal with it, get over it, get over yourself, be happy you have a job, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

Franklin :1036316054:

After reading your post TWICE, I think the only thing left for you to do is to MOVE from Washington State to the Southwest. All that rain "everyday" just has to be very depressing. I'm sure hanging around with all your liberal friends is not helping your situation either.
Cost of living is much cheaper in other parts of the country where your cost of living raise will not go to support high taxes due to big government feel good programs.

:hide:

we had a meeting about a month ago with larry the ceo of fxfe.the way he was talking it sounded like we were getting a big raise.he also said that the gap in road and city pay was going to be tightened up.he did not give details on how much our raises would be or how he would close the gap.

14 wheeler you make the call. You were at the meeting, was larry honest?Did he keep his word?:hide: