FedEx Freight | Pay Raises

JEEP JERK

TB Veteran
Credits
we had a meeting about a month ago with larry the ceo of fxfe.the way he was talking it sounded like we were getting a big raise.he also said that the gap in road and city pay was going to be tightened up.he did not give details on how much our raises would be or how he would close the gap.has anyone heard anything?i think we are do for raises next month.
i think the raises may not be so big and fx will probably say well we gave you a pension and we didn't raise your health care.
i'm hoping for a buck.considering how o.t. got chopped a buck sure would be nice.

we had a meeting about a month ago with larry the ceo of fxfe.the way he was talking it sounded like we were getting a big raise.he also said that the gap in road and city pay was going to be tightened up.he did not give details on how much our raises would be or how he would close the gap.has anyone heard anything?i think we are do for raises next month.
i think the raises may not be so big and fx will probably say well we gave you a pension and we didn't raise your health care.
i'm hoping for a buck.considering how o.t. got chopped a buck sure would be nice.
14 wheeler just as always wait and see what the raise will be already been decided what the raise is so dont go bonkers worring about what is comming your way

we had a meeting about a month ago with larry the ceo of fxfe.the way he was talking it sounded like we were getting a big raise.He also said that the gap in road and city pay was going to be tightened up.he did not give details on how much our raises would be or how he would close the gap.has anyone heard anything?i think we are do for raises next month.
Thats the same line of crap we got 3 years ago from our vp of human resoursces. The company was finally going to balance out the pay, yeah right. It just so happens this is the year it will take place ,I and my coworkers are looking forward to our $35000 dollar raise this june ,fat chance. So what if you get your buck raise, add that to the last 3 raises we got over the last years and they still haven't covered the cost of living increase over the 3 years. So is this the first time you have been lied to in the trucking industry? Our raise will be less than the cost of living like in years past. I remember how Sheridan G would bragg how the AF raise, out paced inflation, not much bragging going on anymore, except in the boardrooms!!!

They are closing the gap, be it slowly, last year hourly got over 3% for a raise while cpm was just over 2%.

Heck, if you could make the same pay and work a 40 hr week all days why would anyone want to run night linehaul???

FM

PS My guess is just over a penny a mile or right at it making it .5419 and hrly will go to 21.24

Well said Familyman,,, why the heck would I give up so much time with my family if it wasn't for the money ? I had great hours in the city. On my small shuttle run, I make very little more if any per hour than a city driver, its just now I work 50-55 hrs a week (at night) , that with no OT pay.... If I could swap straight across with a city guy, they get my seniority, I get theirs, I'd do it in a heart beat...

They are closing the gap, be it slowly, last year hourly got over 3% for a raise while cpm was just over 2%.

Heck, if you could make the same pay and work a 40 hr week all days why would anyone want to run night linehaul???

FM

PS My guess is just over a penny a mile or right at it making it .5419 and hrly will go to 21.24

21.24 we make 21.21 now thats only a 3 cent raise

We have the same deal at my barn. They hired 10 guys or so to cut the ot way way down. And they are still looking at hiring more. The bottom guys have to sweep trailers just to get 8 per day.

gee, 21.21 an hour to push a broom? i know guy who worked for GM doing the same thing and said it was a hell of alot better than working at McD's or B.K. for 7.00 an hour.

I would take it any way they give it to me as long as i am working:smilie_132:

It could be worse! At least the drivers in the east are getting paid the same! No matter where you are in the east a driver is a driver and you get paid the same! Unlike the west where they are paid by where they live! (Geographic pay) the drivers in the big cities get up to 5 plus cents per mile more than a driver in a smaller city! Be thankful you live, where you live, and you get paid the same for being a driver as a driver should! Unlike the west! they don't a driver in a big city is the same as a driver in a smaller city!! fair should be fair! Boo hoo...

It could be worse! At least the drivers in the east are getting paid the same! No matter where you are in the east a driver is a driver and you get paid the same! Unlike the west where they are paid by where they live! (Geographic pay) the drivers in the big cities get up to 5 plus cents per mile more than a driver in a smaller city! Be thankful you live, where you live, and you get paid the same for being a driver as a driver should! Unlike the west! they don't a driver in a big city is the same as a driver in a smaller city!! fair should be fair! Boo hoo...

That is not true there are a few city's where the pay is more on the hour in the east. I don't know about the mile.

in the east it is divided up like this b centers are lowest paid witch live in low cost areas and a terminals make more in high cost areas and starting soon per larry the pay scale will go like this aa, a ,b areas.

I could be wrong,but my understanding is road pay is the same all over the fedex east system its the city pay that is lower in some cities than other cities. Can anyone comfirm this.

gee, 21.21 an hour to push a broom? i know guy who worked for GM doing the same thing and said it was a hell of alot better than working at McD's or B.K. for 7.00 an hour.

I would take it any way they give it to me as long as i am working:smilie_132:

Trailers for sale or rent
Rooms to let fifty cents
No phone, no pool, no pets
I ain't got no cigarettes
Ah but, two hours of pushin' broom
Buys a eight by twelve four-bit room
I'm a man of means by no means
King of the road!
:hysterical: :hysterical:

Trailers for sale or rent
Rooms to let fifty cents