XPO | Pay

HOBO

TB Lurker
Credits
What is the pay for a city driver starting out and top out. Looking at a job in Chattanooga, Tn. any info would be helpful

What is the pay for a city driver starting out and top out. Looking at a job in Chattanooga, Tn. any info would be helpful
It varies..don't know what kind of raise they got..we would have to hear from somebody at that barn.

the top pay would be right not sure about start out I think its just under 19 per hour and you get a raise every 4 years until you top out 22.92

the top pay would be right not sure about start out I think its just under 19 per hour and you get a raise every 4 years until you top out 22.92

Not in our area. Conway starts drivers at $19.22, Overtime after 8 and a top between $24 - $25 hr after 5 years. The top out is higher than anyone else around besides UPS freight. Not positive about Conways CPM in my area but I think it's $0.48 to start and around $0.58 top out

I spoke with one of the local Fed-Ex freights within the past 2 weeks and they top out at a little over $22 hr and $0.58 CPM. Benefits after 30 days.

With Conway you'll start acquiring Paid Time Off after 90 days at the rate of 2.308 hours per week. Your eligible for the Basic Insurance plan after 90 days, a better insurance kicks in after a year and 90 days.

Pros at my barn. Compared to any other LTL besides UPS Freight, Conways $ per hour pay can't be touched. Overtime after 8 hours and you will get OT but there are slow times as with any LTL company, pretty good benefits, lots of cookouts, doughnuts, hotdogs, soup and chili, 15 days Paid time Off your 1st year after 90 days. Free exercise program/working the dock. Drive-Cam in cab for driver accident protection. Push button driver performance shows your shift accuracy, MPG and more and according to management this same screen will soon have the Turn by Turn voice GPS activated which will be nice. Quarterly bonuses and a yearly raise. A leading LTL carrier investing many millions of $ directly back into the company for a secure future.

Cons 5 years and 90 days until top out is tough, ugggg. Paid time off stays the same (15 days a year) for around 8 years then I think goes to 3 weeks. Working an open dock even on very hot 100º days in the summer and even very cold sub zero nights in the winter and we've had some of those nights this year. As a new driver you'll probably be in an older truck most of the time and be on a flexible schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
my advice, keep moving. Unless you have little experience, Conway wants rookie drivers. They are a whole lot more willing to do things a seasoned professional wouldn't think of doing, plus it saves tons off money in wages.

my advice, keep moving. Unless you have little experience, Conway wants rookie drivers. They are a whole lot more willing to do things a seasoned professional wouldn't think of doing, plus it saves tons off money in wages.

No argument there. They like their training schools....so do OD..

Not in our area. Conway starts drivers at $19.22, Overtime after 8 and a top between $24 - $25 hr after 5 years. The top out is higher than anyone else around besides UPS freight. Not positive about Conways CPM in my area but I think it's $0.48 to start and around $0.58 top out

I spoke with one of the local Fed-Ex freights within the past 2 weeks and they top out at a little over $22 hr and $0.58 CPM. Benefits after 30 days.

With Conway you'll start acquiring Paid Time Off after 90 days at the rate of 2.308 hours per week. Your eligible for the Basic Insurance plan after 90 days, a better insurance kicks in after a year and 90 days.

Pros at my barn. Compared to any other LTL besides UPS Freight, Conways $ per hour pay can't be touched. Overtime after 8 hours and you will get OT but there are slow times as with any LTL company, pretty good benefits, lots of cookouts, doughnuts, hotdogs, soup and chili, 15 days Paid time Off your 1st year after 90 days. Free exercise program/working the dock. Drive-Cam in cab for driver accident protection. Push button driver performance shows your shift accuracy, MPG and more and according to management this same screen will soon have the Turn by Turn voice GPS activated which will be nice. Quarterly bonuses and a yearly raise. A leading LTL carrier investing many millions of $ directly back into the company for a secure future.

Cons 5 years and 90 days until top out is tough, ugggg. Paid time off stays the same (15 days a year) for around 8 years then I think goes to 3 weeks. Working an open dock even on very hot 100º days in the summer and even very cold sub zero nights in the winter and we've had some of those nights this year. As a new driver you'll probably be in an older truck most of the time and be on a flexible schedule.
FedEx is better pay on mileage they are over .60

I joined Conway with 14 years driving under my belt, mostly Tanker. I don't think that's rookie material. If all your wanting to do is hold a steering wheel then yes, keep moving. Starting out in any LTL is probably not for you if you are a wheel hugger.

My time is important to me, no more worrying about not getting paid for sitting and waiting on the doors to open of some business that wants my load or has a load for me. No more getting stuck in traffic and not getting paid for my time. I like hitting over 8 hours knowing I'm getting paid time and a half.

Even if your on linehaul at conway and get caught in traffic for long, make a call and your getting paid. Our senior linehaul guys are hitting over $100k a year driving 5 days a week and home every day. Guys at the 7 year mark hitting over $80k a year. As far as pay, Conway freight is as good as anywhere if not better. Every terminal is different due to length of haul, number of employees, freight demands and management.

I joined Conway with 14 years driving under my belt, mostly Tanker. I don't think that's rookie material. If all your wanting to do is hold a steering wheel then yes, keep moving. Starting out in any LTL is probably not for you if you are a wheel hugger.

My time is important to me, no more worrying about not getting paid for sitting and waiting on the doors to open of some business that wants my load or has a load for me. No more getting stuck in traffic and not getting paid for my time. I like hitting over 8 hours knowing I'm getting paid time and a half.

Even if your on linehaul at conway and get caught in traffic for long, make a call and your getting paid. Our senior linehaul guys are hitting over $100k a year driving 5 days a week and home every day. Guys at the 7 year mark hitting over $80k a year. As far as pay, Conway freight is as good as anywhere if not better. Every terminal is different due to length of haul, number of employees, freight demands and management.

I've been a L/H driver earning 85K a year, what most guys don't think about is that your logging 65+hrs a week and working 70+. Your selling your life for 85K a year.

85k....that's hardly worth coming to work for...

That's why I'm not going to work anymore. You had better plan on doing this til your 80 if your only gonna have 200K in your 401K . I would still be working if I hadn't planned better than that.

That's why I'm not going to work anymore. You had better plan on doing this til your 80 if your only gonna have 200K in your 401K . I would still be working if I hadn't planned better than that.

I will have 200 in the company sponsored 401k, yes. But, I do have other things..come on now.

I've been a L/H driver earning 85K a year, what most guys don't think about is that your logging 65+hrs a week and working 70+. Your selling your life for 85K a year.

10 hrs less than two full time jobs. Alot of guys dont get this concept

You spend more time at conway than you do in the home you are paying for

10 hrs less than two full time jobs. Alot of guys dont get this concept

You spend more time at conway than you do in the home you are paying for

If your working 70..you could make atleast 95, with the right run. and that's in the south. we cqn't make 100k like in the old central..not til we get another raise. And you can bid off it any january if you get tired of it. That's the best thing, going back to the city for a year or two.

If your working 70..you could make atleast 95, with the right run. and that's in the south. we cqn't make 100k like in the old central..not til we get another raise. And you can bid off it any january if you get tired of it. That's the best thing, going back to the city for a year or two.

If you don't think your working 70 your math isn't very good. Add your paperwork time, pre-trip time, dispatch time, etc.

I figured the other money was taken from you like your pension was and you were Ok with it if you still had your acct. number.

I'm just going buy a truck or two get on as a subservice driver and haul your freight and keep adding trucks since this is the direction seems they are going............No dock just hook and go...........:shift: