XPO | Pay

If your working 70..you could make atleast 95, with the right run. and that's in the south. we cqn't make 100k like in the old central..not til we get another raise. And you can bid off it any january if you get tired of it. That's the best thing, going back to the city for a year or two.

Or be the bottom guy on a bid, everyone gets to go home before you every night. Your doing 70 every week, plus all the other off the clock time. Screw that. I'd rather work minimum wage and have a life.

Or be the bottom guy on a bid, everyone gets to go home before you every night. Your doing 70 every week, plus all the other off the clock time. Screw that. I'd rather work minimum wage and have a life.

Just reminded me, first year on linehaul be here at 9 didn't get out till 1100. Next week didn't come in till 930 or 1000. driver you were suppose to be here at 9. Srry but im not going to come in and sit for two hours. Asked can I hit the dock the fos told me no were almost done hr half later still didn't have hooks ready.............:coffee1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just reminded me, first year on linehaul be here at 9 didn't get out till 1100. Next week didn't come in till 930 or 1000. driver you were suppose to be here at 9. Srry but im not going to come in and sit for two hours. Asked can I hit the dock the fos told me no were almost done hr half later still didn't have hooks ready.............:coffee1:

Lol Ive sat for 2-3 hrs on average. Then nights when they have loads and i decide to stay home, they are like hey man how soon can you be here.

Or they give you hooks 5 mins before dispatch, then ask you with a straight face if you'll make the gate. wtf?

I joined Conway with 14 years driving under my belt, mostly Tanker. I don't think that's rookie material. If all your wanting to do is hold a steering wheel then yes, keep moving. Starting out in any LTL is probably not for you if you are a wheel hugger.

My time is important to me, no more worrying about not getting paid for sitting and waiting on the doors to open of some business that wants my load or has a load for me. No more getting stuck in traffic and not getting paid for my time. I like hitting over 8 hours knowing I'm getting paid time and a half.

Even if your on linehaul at conway and get caught in traffic for long, make a call and your getting paid. Our senior linehaul guys are hitting over $100k a year driving 5 days a week and home every day. Guys at the 7 year mark hitting over $80k a year. As far as pay, Conway freight is as good as anywhere if not better. Every terminal is different due to length of haul, number of employees, freight demands and management.

OD is great if all you want to do is hug a steering wheel. 1st year and I'm on pace to go over $75k. Best I ever did at Con-way in the city was $53k...

Lol Ive sat for 2-3 hrs on average. Then nights when they have loads and i decide to stay home, they are like hey man how soon can you be here.

Or they give you hooks 5 mins before dispatch, then ask you with a straight face if you'll make the gate. wtf?

I've seen dock supervisor dispatch the truck without telling the driver to make the numbers... Then when you're late to the FAC you get your nuts busted...

I would love to see the PUCO (DOT) walk in and ask you how long you have been waiting then ask why you are not on the bottom line of the log book. Waiting for loads is ON-DUTY NOT DRIVING.

I would love to see the PUCO (DOT) walk in and ask you how long you have been waiting then ask why you are not on the bottom line of the log book. Waiting for loads is ON-DUTY NOT DRIVING.

The company would immediately say they know nothing about it, although it's been going on for the last 20Yrs..

Just get ready that is coming very soon, along with other revenue increasing tricks! They will be targeting large trucking corporations with deep pockets with large non-compliance fines! CSA will soon be a corporate nightmare monster with a big appetite!

Haha, I'm never there and not getting paid...you want to work for minimum wage..go for it..

Not sure of your driving record or experience but now days stay far away from conway freight you will thank me later or hire on but don't stay just make some money then move on

I have a friend who works for UPS Freight and he said in five years he would be topped out at .75cents per mile.
I wonder if Con-Way will be following... or if they will be conning us out of any other raises....

There still time for a life..unless, your rich, you need to work..why not make the most of it?

Please tell me when you have time for a life?

14 hrs on duty + drive to from work, plus the time you stay up when you get home.

Then they have to tell you you have to beback within 10 hrs since punch out.

Maybe if you have strap or have boobs you can work literally 8 hr linehaul days but if you were unlucky like I was, you are getting home around noon on Saturday. There goes that day

Sunday is shot because you are still tired. So when do you have time?

Please tell me when you have time for a life?

14 hrs on duty + drive to from work, plus the time you stay up when you get home.

Then they have to tell you you have to beback within 10 hrs since punch out.

Maybe if you have strap or have boobs you can work literally 8 hr linehaul days but if you were unlucky like I was, you are getting home around noon on Saturday. There goes that day

Sunday is shot because you are still tired. So when do you have time?
You shouldnt bash people whom want to work. it's their choice. And we can change every year, if we want. It's all good. nobody is forced to do anything they don't want to do. This is America..lighten up.