FedEx Freight | Pension being merged.

They are merging the Freight pension into the FedEx corporate pension according to the email that was sent to all eligible employees. Log into to your retirement account for all questions and details.
I have not logged in yet for the nitty-gritty.

going to have to reread the social security "leveling" option again. Drew my social security for a little over 2 years before I retired.
Elected 15 year guarantee option. Stated that no payment will be made after my death with the leveling option.
Should not effect me at all, if I'm reading it right.

Lol, buddy said the website is broke and/or offers no information regarding the pension merger.

I remember the website being wonky when I was still there like 8yrs ago. Apparently it's not been improved.

The FedEx Freight Pension Plan will be merged into the FedEx Corporation Employees’ Pension Plan (the FedEx Pension Plans) effective May 31, 2023. The Summary of Material Modifications (SMM) and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) covering the merger of the FedEx Pension Plans are now available. FedEx is required to provide the SMM to all participants in the FedEx Pension Pension Plans. The SMM and FAQs can be viewed when you log on securely to your account at digitial.alight.com/fedex. From the home page, select the Plan Information link then select ‘Pension Plans Merge / Summary of Material Modifications & FAQs’ under Summary Material of Modification (SMM).
If you have any questions or require a paper copy of the Notice, please contact the FedEx Retirement Service Center at 1.855.604.6221 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.
You can access information about your FedEx pension benefit online at digital.alight.com/fedex.
NOTE: This content applies only to any employee eligible to participate in the FedEx Corporation Employees’ Pension Plan or the FedEx Freight Pension Plan, herein collectively referred to as the FedEx Pension Plans, as of December 31, 2019.

Lol, buddy said the website is broke and/or offers no information regarding the pension merger.

I remember the website being wonky when I was still there like 8yrs ago. Apparently it's not been improved.
Hmmm that's weird I got right into it and it had the summary of the change. From everything I read for the most part there is no big change to speak of other than a corporate name instead of Freight pension. They are doing it for cost savings instead of paying fees on the Freight side and other opco's fee's merging all of them together they will only have to pay the fees for 1 whole company.

Don't you still have money in it? That's the way I understood, because a bunch of us wanted to roll our pension and they told us no.

That's why I stayed in.
I thought the pension funds got rolled into the 401k and the account closed. I'm going to try and look into it if the websites ever start working properly.

I thought the pension funds got rolled into the 401k and the account closed. I'm going to try and look into it if the websites ever start working properly.
I don't think so. Whatever was in your pension when you switched sits there till your retire. Drawing no interest for you. Why I stayed in pension.