FedEx Freight | Pension being merged.

You do understand that a new hire wouldn't come close to 110k and with pay progression being back in effect, they'd be likely to make half of that. When you're saying "hey come to FedEx", you should be telling the whole truth. The whole truth is that with the economy being what it is, they'll probably get 6 hours a day on the dock and depending on the building, they probably won't touch a truck for a year or two.

I don't think FedEx is a bad company to work for, I've worked for a lot worse but don't put a spin on it. Tell the truth and give people the opportunity to make informed decisions.
Agreed. I honestly think some of it is our TM. Been to many centers where they have quality dispatchers and management. IND, EFH, WME, and KPT to name a few.

Last edited:
And FedEx wouldn't be hiring him at all in the first placx,,e at terminals that slow..
And it depends on the area as to the hours worked..
Plus my $110,000/wasnt in answer to that guys post..
But I do thank you for posting the response to the guys original question about the 401k

It depends on the building. Those decisions are made at an SCM level. Some of them will overhire anticipating some quits/terminations, but it'll save them the headache of another hiring campaign.

Hey dipshit...
How would they get on if "you're " area is laying off????
The ever mentioned Nashville...or any other area for that matter..
The guy asked for info about a benefit..I gave him more benefit information and this tripped your wire..
My god you are the most hate filled person I've come across on here.
And the biggest coward for staying..
Quit...be gone..
Nope. I'll leave when it's a good situation for me. I've had a couple interviews. Either it was big cut in pay or insurance was not good enough.

You know I wouldn't be so negative if the company would be honest with the men and women that have committed to them. They can't though. If they did people would leave in numbers.

I'm not full of hate. I hate no one. Even you. I don't like liars and back stabbers, but I hate no one.

I'm definitely not a coward. I'm not leaving for something worse. I am not gonna put my family in a bad spot just because I'm unhappy. Trust me my manager would LOVE for me to leave.

Believe it or not. I'm very professional in our meetings, but I ask tough questions. I also correct BS answers that junior drivers wouldn't know was BS.

Last edited:
110k as a city wow you really do kiss some a** and you live at this place. You can have that lifestyle. Easily 11-12 hours daily without missing a beat

You’re a slave. How about you tell him a realistic number because he’s not just going to come into your “top 3” spot..(there’s a lot of responsibility with that) how about say maybe 60k - 70k with possibly a lot of forklift for awhile now that winter is approaching and stop making this place seem like all we do is make big money lol
Can u actually read?
My response was to panhandler about the $110,000.
Thumper1's original question was in regards to the 401k match..
Yes, I start early..
As I've said before... I'm here to make money...
Lazy people make me money...
And if Thumper is an actual guy from Yellow looking for work then he realizes already how things work starting out.

Nope. I'll leave when it's a good situation for me. I've had a couple interviews. Either it was big cut in pay or insurance was not good enough.

You know I wouldn't be so negative if the company would be honest with the men and women that have committed to them. They can't though. If they did people would leave in numbers.

I'm not full of hate. I hate no one. Even you. I don't like liars and back stabbers, but I hate no one.

I'm definitely not a coward. I'm not leaving for something worse. I am not gonna put my family in a bad spot just because I'm unhappy. Trust me my manager would LOVE for me to leave.

Believe it or not. I'm very professional in our meetings, but I ask tough questions. I also correct BS answers that junior drivers would know was BS.
What is the honest answer your looking for???
That they will try to make as much money for the company that they can?
That they care only when it benefits the company?
Name a truck line who doesn't do it that way...
Ill admit I was a little overboard with you personally.. And for that l apologize.
But for the life of me I would never stay at a job that caused me this much grief.
I hope you can actually find what your looking for..

What is the honest answer your looking for???
That they will try to make as much money for the company that they can?
That they care only when it benefits the company?
Name a truck line who doesn't do it that way...
Ill admit I was a little overboard with you personally.. And for that l apologize.
But for the life of me I would never stay at a job that caused me this much grief.
I hope you can actually find what your looking for..
Apology accepted. I apologize as well. In fighting is what management wants. I was happy till about 2010. I always went above and beyond working holidays and weekends if we were in a bind.

I almost left in 2012, but coworkers ask me to help with union push. I didn't like teamsters, but DH which is now president of Yellow was worse. SW was his minion ASM was aggressive to drivers. Literally would get in drivers faces and scream. I saw him do it one day. I laughed at him, and said boy you ever do that to me we are gonna find out who the better man is!

I spoke with many RVP's and management begging to give them another chance. They learned their lesson, and would fix things. I wasn't on union committee and they pulled the petition without asking any of us.

After it was over I had a 20 minute conversation with Pat Reed. He seemed sincere. I started to have faith again.

It was only to buy time for what's coming. I am leaving sir. Hopefully before they make a big majority of us anyway. Not in a rush because there is a nice little chunk in my pension I can cash out as transition money. I'm down sizing in my life right now. So if need be I can survive on way less.

There is no future for linehaul company drivers on a large scale in the future IMHO.

God Bless you all! Sorry I'm so bitter sometimes, but I was lied to my face by the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY. A man I thought was respectable and actually cared.
Then when it was over he got 13 million taxes paid and retired. He cared alright...

Last edited: