R&L | personal day and 4ok

Very Sad for R&L

The big question should be , Why would R&L want Zimmerman at all. He has sunk every company He has been at .

R&L load factor is up and by a big margin, Why the cut backs ? because Zimmerman is spending all R&L money to build an International frt base, somthing we should have nothing to do with, very low profit margin for the investment.
R&L is building new Terminals, buying new trucks (used junk) and now they want to pay for it with our Benifits.

This is NOT the Roberts , R&L way, This is all Zimmerman.

Guy's Make the calls to WIL, make up a letter and have all the Drivers and dock sign and send it. The grape vine says the Heat is on ( from a good source) now is the time to turn up the heat before Zimmerman puts R&L in the Dirt.

Take a look at Your truck, I don't have to say anything here you all know, Thank Zimmerman, it will ony get worse.

Stop with the " well we still have our jobs" thats BS. You should understand as the companys fail We get stronger and make more money, YRC ( The largest trucking company in the US killed by Zimmerman) is all but over they do not have the cash to compete over the long term, The cut rate discounts were started by companys to finish them and the other industry week. This will make the strong get stronger,
R&L is not one of the week YET. When the week fail the cut rates will end and the frt loads will jump as will the profits, but you benifits will remain gone and in Zimmermans pocket.
When a company takes benifets and money from there Empolyees, They very rarely give them back, Problem, they never agian admit to making huge profits to justify the cuts,They just split the pie at the top.

A short review

R&L is a great company built by one man with a dream, and very strong.
For the Most part a very happy work force, great company with family values and competitive salery and benifits.

Roberts SR is ready to enjoy his golden years as he should,
not to worry my Boys will take over.

Roberts JR's really don't want to apply themselves , We just want to play with our toys, so let's hire the biggest Bottom feeder out there to run the company( Zimmerman)

Out of the YRC how to screw a comany Hand Book

Change the maintenance intervals, after all this company should not have nice, safe trucks on the road. Remember when they washed them once a week? NOT , Remember When you had rubber on your tires ? not anymore

Zimmerman, R&L has money ! No company should have all this money, lets spend this as fast as we can and get into as much High end low profit crap we can after all it did not work at YRC so lets try it with R&L money, it might work this time, don't worry JR , I can get extra $ from the rank and file if we run short, you treat your employees to good anyway.

No cost of living increace 09
They don't need it , we need to branch out on our Race car stuff this year, cool.

Health care service level in the trash , cost almost double.

Zimmerman, Sick time pay, WHAT ? no freaken way this is outragous ! Three whole days off with pay NOT on my watch , I could use that money, Screw them, if they get sick and have doctor bills, so what if it's hot dogs for a week or two maybe some ranch dressing on white bread, it will make real men of them and show them that there family really can do without. Let's stop this now! JR some of the guy's have not cashed in there time yet, srew them they must not need it after all , IM taking it. Hey JR, I will meet you at the country club, I here the lobster is just in fresh.

401 NO , NO Way

Zimmermzn is a "cancer" and he must GO !!

All I ask

Do your job , follow all company policies, BUT Respectfully do your part to get the message out WE only want to be treated fairly, We care and are concerned where the company is going under the direction of MR Zimmerman.
We are Certifide Professionals, accountable to the company, Entrusted by the company and Held to High Standards, Rules and Regulations. The company should offer a fair standard in return.

Thanks

The big question should be , Why would R&L want Zimmerman at all. He has sunk every company He has been at .

R&L load factor is up and by a big margin, Why the cut backs ? because Zimmerman is spending all R&L money to build an International frt base, somthing we should have nothing to do with, very low profit margin for the investment.
R&L is building new Terminals, buying new trucks (used junk) and now they want to pay for it with our Benifits.

This is NOT the Roberts , R&L way, This is all Zimmerman.

Guy's Make the calls to WIL, make up a letter and have all the Drivers and dock sign and send it. The grape vine says the Heat is on ( from a good source) now is the time to turn up the heat before Zimmerman puts R&L in the Dirt.

Take a look at Your truck, I don't have to say anything here you all know, Thank Zimmerman, it will ony get worse.

Stop with the " well we still have our jobs" thats BS. You should understand as the companys fail We get stronger and make more money, YRC ( The largest trucking company in the US killed by Zimmerman) is all but over they do not have the cash to compete over the long term, The cut rate discounts were started by companys to finish them and the other industry week. This will make the strong get stronger,
R&L is not one of the week YET. When the week fail the cut rates will end and the frt loads will jump as will the profits, but you benifits will remain gone and in Zimmermans pocket.
When a company takes benifets and money from there Empolyees, They very rarely give them back, Problem, they never agian admit to making huge profits to justify the cuts,They just split the pie at the top.

A short review

R&L is a great company built by one man with a dream, and very strong.
For the Most part a very happy work force, great company with family values and competitive salery and benifits.

Roberts SR is ready to enjoy his golden years as he should,
not to worry my Boys will take over.

Roberts JR's really don't want to apply themselves , We just want to play with our toys, so let's hire the biggest Bottom feeder out there to run the company( Zimmerman)

Out of the YRC how to screw a comany Hand Book

Change the maintenance intervals, after all this company should not have nice, safe trucks on the road. Remember when they washed them once a week? NOT , Remember When you had rubber on your tires ? not anymore

Zimmerman, R&L has money ! No company should have all this money, lets spend this as fast as we can and get into as much High end low profit crap we can after all it did not work at YRC so lets try it with R&L money, it might work this time, don't worry JR , I can get extra $ from the rank and file if we run short, you treat your employees to good anyway.

No cost of living increace 09
They don't need it , we need to branch out on our Race car stuff this year, cool.

Health care service level in the trash , cost almost double.

Zimmerman, Sick time pay, WHAT ? no freaken way this is outragous ! Three whole days off with pay NOT on my watch , I could use that money, Screw tham if they get sick and have doctor bills, so what if it's hot dogs for a week or two maybe some ranch dressing on white bread, it will make real men of them and show them that there family really can do without. Let's stop this now! JR some of the guy's have not cashed in there time yet, srew them they must not need it after all , IM taking it. Hey JR, I will meet you at the country club, I here the lobster is just in fresh.

401 NO , NO Way

Zimmermzn is a "cancer" and he must GO !!

All I ask

Do your job , follow all company policies, BUT Respectfully do your part to get the message out WE only want to be treated fairly, We care and are concerned where the company is going under the direction of MR Zimmerman.
We are Certifide Professionals, accountable to the company, Entrusted by the company and Held to High Standards, Rules and Regulations. The company should offer a fair standard in return.

Thanks

Great First post don't stop

They said the loss of personal day off's will be a short term thing. When they take something they never give it back.

YRC sues former president of one of its carriers
YRC Worldwide Inc. has sued a former president of one of its carriers, seeking damages for allegedly using company secrets after joining a rival trucker.

The federal suit in Kansas City, Kan., was filed late last month against Robert G. Zimmerman of R+L Carriers Inc. According to the suit, Zimmerman was president from June 2005 to April 2007 of USF Holland Inc., YRC’s biggest regional carrier.

As YRC has cut costs, consolidated operations and reduced staff, several reports have surfaced of rival carriers contacting YRC customers in hopes of getting them to switch their business. This is the first known lawsuit YRC has filed locally against a high-ranking former executive alleging confidential information has been disclosed to a rival company.

The following account is based on Overland Park-based YRC’s lawsuit:

Zimmerman signed a separation agreement with YRC and Holland that provided separation pay and benefits in excess of $75,000. In consideration for the payment, the pact also stated that Zimmerman agreed he would “not, directly or indirectly, use for any purpose, or disclose to any person or entity, any confidential information.”

Late last year, Zimmerman was hired at R+L Carriers, based in Wilmington, Ohio, in a position “nearly identical” to the one he held at USF Holland, according to the suit. Around that same time, several YRC employees left and joined Zimmerman at R+L. They included former vice president of sales Ken Sustarsic and ex-director of sales Tom Doan.

In late December, Doan allegedly e-mailed a spreadsheet to R+L’s sales staff with confidential information on nearly 3,000 YRC customers, encouraging the staff to solicit their business.

In January, YRC sued Doan and Sustarsic in an Ohio court and won a temporary restraining order that they cease using the confidential information and cease contacting YRC customers.

Although he was notified of the lawsuit and court order, “Zimmerman has failed to take any measures to protect against the direct or indirect use or disclosure of YRCW’s confidential information.”

YRC contends Zimmerman has breached the separation agreement and is seeking damages in excess of $75,000.

Zimmerman could not be reached last week at R+L’s headquarters. A YRC spokeswoman said the company did not comment on ongoing litigation.

Posted by 1Teamster at 2:14 PM 0 comments
Labels: lawsuit, R+L Carriers, Robert G. Zimmerman, USF Holland, YRC

guess we know where this company is headed for :TR10driving03::TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

Monday in the meeting TM read straight from the e-mail saying the reason for the cuts was that R&L was not lowering rates and was not going to be involved in all the price cutting that all the other carriers were doing. Then in yesterdays sales meeting, the salesman said they were cutting rates to get customers back from carriers that have undercut us. No other carrier is undercutting my regular pick-ups. we were always the lower cost carrier,they are just starting to get down to the low rates we have always had.no one beats us on a 1 skid shipment. We were always higher on multiple skid shipments and that is when I see other carriers. Bottom line is TM reads e-mail saying we are not participating in rate cuts,then next day salesman say something different,ALL LIES!!!!!

Bottom line is TM reads e-mail saying we are not participating in rate cuts,then next day salesman say something different,ALL LIES!!!!!

This company is full of lies !!!!!!

this is why i say ...one more shipment ????? yeah right !!!!

What a bunch of cry-babies... whaaaaaa they took something away!!!! whaaaaaa
F em then, let's go union, I'm not working hard anymore, whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

YRC sues former president of one of its carriers
YRC Worldwide Inc. has sued a former president of one of its carriers, seeking damages for allegedly using company secrets after joining a rival trucker.

The federal suit in Kansas City, Kan., was filed late last month against Robert G. Zimmerman of R+L Carriers Inc. According to the suit, Zimmerman was president from June 2005 to April 2007 of USF Holland Inc., YRC’s biggest regional carrier.

As YRC has cut costs, consolidated operations and reduced staff, several reports have surfaced of rival carriers contacting YRC customers in hopes of getting them to switch their business. This is the first known lawsuit YRC has filed locally against a high-ranking former executive alleging confidential information has been disclosed to a rival company.

The following account is based on Overland Park-based YRC’s lawsuit:

Zimmerman signed a separation agreement with YRC and Holland that provided separation pay and benefits in excess of $75,000. In consideration for the payment, the pact also stated that Zimmerman agreed he would “not, directly or indirectly, use for any purpose, or disclose to any person or entity, any confidential information.”

Late last year, Zimmerman was hired at R+L Carriers, based in Wilmington, Ohio, in a position “nearly identical” to the one he held at USF Holland, according to the suit. Around that same time, several YRC employees left and joined Zimmerman at R+L. They included former vice president of sales Ken Sustarsic and ex-director of sales Tom Doan.[/B]
In late December, Doan allegedly e-mailed a spreadsheet to R+L’s sales staff with confidential information on nearly 3,000 YRC customers, encouraging the staff to solicit their business.

In January, YRC sued Doan and Sustarsic in an Ohio court and won a temporary restraining order that they cease using the confidential information and cease contacting YRC customers.

Although he was notified of the lawsuit and court order, “Zimmerman has failed to take any measures to protect against the direct or indirect use or disclosure of YRCW’s confidential information.”

YRC contends Zimmerman has breached the separation agreement and is seeking damages in excess of $75,000.

Zimmerman could not be reached last week at R+L’s headquarters. A YRC spokeswoman said the company did not comment on ongoing litigation.

Posted by 1Tter at 2:14 PM 0 comments
Labels: lawsuit, R+L Carriers, Robert G. Zimmerman, USF Holland, YRC

guess we know what zimmerman is plannin with our benefits and doing to this once proud family owned business

Try this

Just a thought

When it's crunch time Zimmerman why don't you before stealing what Employees have earned , Do your Job ! look around , it's there
Cut the needless crap we could do without, start with the 50" LCD TV's in all the terminals with all the closed loop BS
Ya know the one ? it plays over and over Telling US that R&L is in good shape and we will not be taking anything from you, Pull them down, sell them on E-bay

Stop the Pens , Hats , coffe mugs, Posters, all the free give away stuff, Oh and all the sales print items you see on the floor under a table and stuffed in a corner, Know one reads this, it ends up in the trash, Stop it.

Stop with the 200 count of Red, Black and Blue office pens and other office waste system wide that need to be re ordered every month ! what are they eating this stuff or ??

Sell the freaken Arcade Super trucker games, What the heck where they thinking?

Try turning out the lights when you leave,turn the heat/air down, Why are they left on all weekend ? and the 400 watt dock lights at every door, Yep there on needed or not. Turn them off! Challenge your TM's to cut the utility cost by 20% or more, and follow up on it. This can be done.

I do thank you for the yearly Birthday card , anniversary pin and Cirtificate , save the money, I would rather have my benifets.
Just an FYI I could give up the cookies and fruit every friday as well.

Ok where not there yet?

How about You and the rest of the over paid fat rats at the top MR. Zimmerman ? times are tough, We are very sorry but we need to cut across the board, you and your pal's will have to take a good faith pay cut, but don't worry after you prove that your not just out for yourself We will reconsider what your really worth.
I think Maybe $ 35.000 to $ 50.000 Dollar pay cut will do, just till we get over the hump, What do you think? I will look for your letter taped to the window next to the one reading " I can only be sick during my vacation"

Show us what you are made of (LOL) take one for the team ! Go for something new never achieved , The backing and Respect of the Employees under you.

and get rid of all the hotels,thats one big big waste of $
we don't need that crap,i have one 100 miles from and barely use & now even less w/out the personal days,
we all can live w/out hotels.

Hey, I've got a great source for some low-priced pallet jacks and hand trucks you guys can buy. Save you some pocket $$$ so you can move R&L's freight around at less expense to you and your families.

PM me if you're interested. Always glad to help!

One should look into ones own home. If I was a driver for Company that has one phone # for LTL, Freight and Express. And still dispatches the wrong truck or all three,. If you are LTL and it is Express freight Who gets Pissed off when the driver tell them he can not touch it. LOL MAYBE that is why they get mad when the Company they call a bottom feeder takes that freight from then.Oh is that FedEx that can not dispatch the correct truck. Sure glad I don't have to break trips and finger print freight in the city. Like my FedEx brothers do.I was led to believe that FedEx was a rich Company. Can they not affort lift gates.