R&L | PHI MECHANICS AND REGIONAL MANAGER

[quote author=R&L_PHI link=topic=81542.msg844572#msg844572 date=1278555875]
2 years ago, there were no complaints about this company. Everyone wanted to work here. 7-8 hour days,good family atmosphere,drivers bragging about how nice it was working here,made everyone want to work for R&L.Suddenly no one wants to join the R&L team. Only inexperienced drivers who can't get hired anywhere else are applying. And our out of service trailer line proves it.
[/quote]You are correct sir....2 years ago, I couldn't imagine wanting to work anyplace else...The way they treat us now, its just a job...When Mr. Roberts ran the place we all felt appreciated, since the YRC clan came in, they have destroyed the morale of this once fine company, and they make it clear, they could care less about us...I would never reccomend to any of my friends to come to work for R&L....Wouldn't want to destroy a friendship... :nono:

[quote author=pop link=topic=81542.msg845129#msg845129 date=1278739458]
dont start that ::shit::. you can leave an go to a union job like yrc.. :grouphug:
[/quote]
Ok that does it now I had to login to post this :buttkisser: You said leave and go to a union company, why do that when we are filling our ranks with YRC employees? we will be like a union very soon, we now have Managers who left YRC and wanted to treat the working class like ::shit:: but the union stopped them. Well not anymore they got free rein to do it. Everytime we fire or have a guy quits who was in a position of POWER they replace him with a former YRC guy , I myself don't like the unions but I think there should be a rethinking of this, Answer me this WHY would we hire Managers from a Failing company? Why not hire from a Succeeding company, Looks like we are getting the bad apples from the tree and letting the good apples that got us to this point wither and rot because SR/ Tom R don't care anymore. To all the Roberts Family SR. and Tom you worked very hard and DESERVE the fruits of your works but to Enter the Gates of Heaven GOD will not ask you How much money you have he will ask you how did you treat your employees? their families and your Peers. Yes if things don't get better We should go UNION

[quote author=daycab6 link=topic=81542.msg845143#msg845143 date=1278761019]
Ok that does it now I had to login to post this :buttkisser: You said leave and go to a union company, why do that when we are filling our ranks with YRC employees? we will be like a union very soon, we now have Managers who left YRC and wanted to treat the working class like ::shit:: but the union stopped them. Well not anymore they got free rein to do it. Everytime we fire or have a guy quits who was in a position of POWER they replace him with a former YRC guy , I myself don't like the unions but I think there should be a rethinking of this, Answer me this WHY would we hire Managers from a Failing company? Why not hire from a Succeeding company, Looks like we are getting the bad apples from the tree and letting the good apples that got us to this point wither and rot because SR/ Tom R don't care anymore. To all the Roberts Family SR. and Tom you worked very hard and DESERVE the fruits of your works but to Enter the Gates of Heaven GOD will not ask you How much money you have he will ask you how did you treat your employees? their families and your Peers. Yes if things don't get better We should go UNION
[/quote]No-one ever wanted the union at my terminal....EVER !!! Until the last couple of years and they started treating everybody like crap...I believe we all would join up now...

[quote author=braceface link=topic=81542.msg845165#msg845165 date=1278767484]
No-one ever wanted the union at my terminal....EVER !!! Until the last couple of years and they started treating everybody like crap...I believe we all would join up now...
[/quote]
I believe the same thing could be said at our place.

I'll only make one post one this subject...

Would you rather have a union representing you that has a track record of giving up wages and other consessions,
OR fair wages,,, meaning OT??

The odds of getting either are about the same, union rep = majority rule (do you truely think it would happen),,, recind the screwed labor law that allows them not to pay OT , write you congressman, ( they have your best intreast at heart).

Sorry guys, I don't want anything, anything to do with the union......

You really think things are so bad that you need to give up and let somebody else care for your needs?

Not me, I still enjoy my job and my independance, my free will, my manhood.

If you wanna go become a eunuch, that's up to you, but don't drag the rest of us down with you......

IT MAY HAVE BEEN A YEAR SINCE I LEFT R&L, I RECALL JC TELLING ME I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU CAN'T DO THE JOB, EVEN THOUGH JC KNEW I WAS ON MEDICAL RESTRICTION, MY OPINION MEANS NOTHING, BUT JC WAS IN THE WIL BOYS CLUB, NOW THAT HE IS GETTING THE SHORT END OF IT, I SAY TOO BAD JC, GO BACK TO THE TRAILER SHOP. WHEN I WAS LET GO DUE TO AN ON THE JOB INJURY, IT WAS MADE CLEAR TO ME THAT THE NEXT GUY WAS ALREADY HIRED. R&L FAMILY ? WHAT FAMILY. :biglaugh: :clap: :kicking:

[quote author=WRENCH RIPPER link=topic=81542.msg849769#msg849769 date=1279774042]
IT MAY HAVE BEEN A YEAR SINCE I LEFT R&L, I RECALL JC TELLING ME I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU CAN'T DO THE JOB, EVEN THOUGH JC KNEW I WAS ON MEDICAL RESTRICTION, MY OPINION MEANS NOTHING, BUT JC WAS IN THE WIL BOYS CLUB, NOW THAT HE IS GETTING THE SHORT END OF IT, I SAY TOO BAD JC, GO BACK TO THE TRAILER SHOP. WHEN I WAS LET GO DUE TO AN ON THE JOB INJURY, IT WAS MADE CLEAR TO ME THAT THE NEXT GUY WAS ALREADY HIRED. R&L FAMILY ? WHAT FAMILY. :biglaugh: :clap: :kicking:
[/quote]

well said wrench, but he shouldnt be doing trailers......maybe tires, yeah thats a good job for him......unless he didnt drive out the tire guy.........after all, he was only a CLERK in the military....hahahahahaha

[quote author=WRENCH RIPPER link=topic=81542.msg849769#msg849769 date=1279774042]
[/quote]

You were not the only one let go with On the job injuries. Three were let go, and not by my choice.

#1 Larry , who blew out his knee on the job was fired after a knee replacment. year and a half and the doctors still couldnt get his knee right and we fired him.

#2 SFNOT was let go for his medical and other issues.

#3 SFPRV, back injury On the job related, was never even given a chance. Went over 12 weeks and was canned.

Your right your opinoins mean nothing, Wil only wants to hear things are getting done, remember I had a boss too. Terminations were not made by me, They were made by Wilm. The new manager will have to do the same dirty deeds that I had to do. Regional Managers are nothing but puppets, we are told what to do. One man shop and he is on light duty to bad find someone else. I got conference calls from Ed B telling us we have to many people on the payroll that are not good enough, we need to weed them out. Who is good enough for R@L????
:buttkisser:

heres something to think about.drove a truck for over 40 years.,12 as union driver.last un ion job was in 81.my next door neighbor is a retired ups driver.he has a monthly pension,medical insurance, plus his 401k and social security.after 10 years with rl, i had my 401k, that was not being matched by the company.no insurance, no pension, , just s.s. yes partly my fault, but guess what. i still get a partial pension from the union when i turn 65, which is still more than rl gives their employees.its not about being your own man, its about not getting screwed over by guys like zimmerman. wake up guys. i was off several years ago for medical reasons, when i told people i had to get back within 12 weeks, or get fired they could not believe it. real family arent you.this is not right,just a way to screw you out of what you have earned with senority.like i said, wake up guys.

[quote author=just wondering link=topic=81542.msg850150#msg850150 date=1279859352]
heres something to think about.drove a truck for over 40 years.,12 as union driver.last un ion job was in 81.my next door neighbor is a retired ups driver.he has a monthly pension,medical insurance, plus his 401k and social security.after 10 years with rl, i had my 401k, that was not being matched by the company.no insurance, no pension, , just s.s. yes partly my fault, but guess what. i still get a partial pension from the union when i turn 65, which is still more than rl gives their employees.its not about being your own man, its about not getting screwed over by guys like zimmerman. wake up guys. i was off several years ago for medical reasons, when i told people i had to get back within 12 weeks, or get fired they could not believe it. real family arent you.this is not right,just a way to screw you out of what you have earned with senority.like i said, wake up guys.
[/quote]This company is no longer family oriented...The Roberts have given thier company over to Zimmerman, and its obvious that he has contempt for the employee's. When Zimmerman ran Holland, the union kept him from screwing the employee's, like he is screwing us..Its about time for the union to organize RandL. At one time RandL was a great place to work, now it is "PATHETIC" and disorganized, and everyone is looking for someplace else to work. Great job Roby, you sure didn't learn this from your dad.

good luck john wish the best for you :grouphug
you did a good job the things are going they are going to lose more good guys over there but it is what it is thanks for the help when i asked keep racing hope you spend as much time with your little one as you can they grow up fast

[quote author=OLDTIMER89 link=topic=81542.msg850012#msg850012 date=1279834796]

You were not the only one let go with On the job injuries. Three were let go, and not by my choice.

#1 Larry , who blew out his knee on the job was fired after a knee replacment. year and a half and the doctors still couldnt get his knee right and we fired him.

#2 SFNOT was let go for his medical and other issues.

#3 SFPRV, back injury On the job related, was never even given a chance. Went over 12 weeks and was canned.

Your right your opinoins mean nothing, Wil only wants to hear things are getting done, remember I had a boss too. Terminations were not made by me, They were made by Wilm. The new manager will have to do the same dirty deeds that I had to do. Regional Managers are nothing but puppets, we are told what to do. One man shop and he is on light duty to bad find someone else. I got conference calls from Ed B telling us we have to many people on the payroll that are not good enough, we need to weed them out. Who is good enough for R@L????
:buttkisser:
[/quote]

looks like whenever someone works for R&L, they come in healthy and ready to work, then for some reason, R&L is the cause for these peoples injuries and illness, all R&L cares about is "screw you, you cant work, then pack your stuff and beat it".

my oppinion, i think these 3 people should get together and anyone else in the same circumstance should get together and speak to attorneys cuz it sounds so unjust that their injuries started at R&L and this scewed up company should be held liable.

good luck guys.

I know of 2 drivers in the time Ive worked here that have been fired after getting hurt on the job.I always thought it was illegal to fire people while they are out injured.One of those guys sued and after a lengthy trial that R+L fought hard the guy did win but they put up a real fight.The other guy I don't know what happened to him.

Customers point of view. I stopped shipping with R&L about 6 months ago due to many issues from billing to long phone hold times. I gave them another chance last month and shipped a few more loads with them, still the same issues if not a little worse. Seeing this post and all the others I guess I understand why. Best of luck with all your family feuding and that, but I have taken my business to more stable suppliers.

[quote author=dblair6969 link=topic=81542.msg851847#msg851847 date=1280253443]
Customers point of view. I stopped shipping with R&L about 6 months ago due to many issues from billing to long phone hold times. I gave them another chance last month and shipped a few more loads with them, still the same issues if not a little worse. Seeing this post and all the others I guess I understand why. Best of luck with all your family feuding and that, but I have taken my business to more stable suppliers.
[/quote]
Hey,we may be a bit over worked and more than a bit irritated at upper management but we are still a very stable carrier and in my area we get the work done every day.Beside that I highly doubt your a customer anyway,more likely a driver or supervisor from another carrier taking an opportunity to poke us with a stick.

I am very much a customer and i do understand that the front line workers are great people and I have never had a problem with a driver picking up or getting my products where they needed to be. Every one of my issues has been on the management and front office side as well. I have not seen my sales person in more than a year, since he set my account up and helped me with the computer access. I have had multiple billing issues where they bill my shipper and not me - the third party payer and calling the office for a quote or help on these billing issues is nothing but a task... I feel sorry for the man on the street, my only reason for even posting on this site is to make the point the the customer can see the results of this internal crap on this post and it indication of a company that has lost touch with the two things that matter their customers and their workers. Without customers they will not need workers, without workers they CANNOT service their customers. You can choose to take my post at face value or not, it will not effect me either way, I have taken my biz elsewhere.

[quote author=dblair6969 link=topic=81542.msg852524#msg852524 date=1280406474]
I am very much a customer and i do understand that the front line workers are great people and I have never had a problem with a driver picking up or getting my products where they needed to be. Every one of my issues has been on the management and front office side as well. I have not seen my sales person in more than a year, since he set my account up and helped me with the computer access. I have had multiple billing issues where they bill my shipper and not me - the third party payer and calling the office for a quote or help on these billing issues is nothing but a task... I feel sorry for the man on the street, my only reason for even posting on this site is to make the point the the customer can see the results of this internal crap on this post and it indication of a company that has lost touch with the two things that matter their customers and their workers. Without customers they will not need workers, without workers they CANNOT service their customers. You can choose to take my post at face value or not, it will not effect me either way, I have taken my biz elsewhere.
[/quote]Well,Im sorry that your experience has led you to not use R+L.It is a shame that it comes to this where customers stop using us and employees are Not given any thought other than that of tools to be used and dicarded when they reach the end of their value to management.